Be' Jesus Alloa, you didn't want Brora in the Petrofac!

Im sure all the wasps will love their day out in Sutherland. Beautiful Mountains,miles of golden sands and beaches, Gala weeks Brora & Golspie. We have a lovely social club and a wonderful pie shop. Sure we will give you a game too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure all the wasps will love their day out in Sutherland. Beautiful Mountains,miles of golden sands and beaches, Gala weeks Brora & Golspie. We have a lovely social club and a wonderful pie shop. Sure we will give you a game too.

all sounds good to me mate- what time does the social club open?

They could have split it into four pools of eight, each supplying a semifinalist, or eight of four supplying a quarterfinalist. Start with Brora St. Germain, Elgin, Peterhead, and Monty in North. The three other Angus clubs and East Fife go in the East Coast pot. Cowdungpish, Raith, Dumbvermin and Alloa in East Forth. Shire, Stenny, Stirling and Falkirk in Central. Hibs, Edinburgh, Livvy, Berwick in Lothian & Border. Annan, the proper Queens, Stranraer and Ayr in Southwest. Morton, St.Mirren, Dumbarton, Rangers, Kwee Pee, Clyde, Airdrie and Albinos in Clydeside/Greater Glasgow, with two last-eight spots available to that division because it's harder to break down into two fours, and even at the worst case scenario using public transport, Morton or Dumbarton facing Clyde, Airdrie or Albion Rovers isn't a journey which should take much more than an hour. Considerable less time than most of the others would take travelling to any of their 'local' opponents.

Further to this, f**k the Clydesiders.....split the Clyde north & south, and have Rangers Morton and St.Mirren in the same group along with QP. f**k the 'big club' shite, one's just been relagated, and another lurches from one disaster to the next on a daily basis. The potential idea of two matches of high magnitude early could catch some attention, as even could an upset (which seedings provide a far greater chance of occuring). The other 'north' Clyde group would have us against Dumbarton Airdrie and AR over two rounds.

Pasted from another forum,acknowledgement to original poster

Come on Boys,that game just brimmed with positives for Brora Rangers and whilst the season will be full of challenges I'm heartened indeed after that game last night. Yes it was a friendly but ICT had a strong team out all looking to book a European spot and the two trialist's giving 100%+ to literally secure their future. I was very impressed with ICT but they only got their third with the very last kick of the game in the 95min and Brora should have scored through Colin Maclean after 62mins. All in all a great first workout.

Looking at the Brora players some real eyecatchers. it goes without saying Ritchie Brittain will be a great capture. He was a bit all over the place yesterday but class tells and he has plenty.Likewise Stewart Kettlewell was awesome and he's looking sharp and has plenty of edge.His 60 mins was very positive indeed and he will play a key role in the season ahead. Of the new guard John Pickles from Orkney is a real prospect and Brora will just be a stopping point in his climb up the football ladder. He has great vision and can throw a ball,something we have been lacking.A big up also for Connor Lyle ex Ross County. He too will put his release disappointment behind him and kick on with his career.He's only young and not the finished article but has a bright future.

Ally MacDonald looked fit and also will be a big player this season with some telling runs from left back.Andrew Grieg was sharp and nippy and his awards from last season has given him plenty of confidence. Zander Sutherland looked sharp and up for it and with Ritchie Brittain in the team,it will encourage Zander to spread the ball around more. Gavin Morrison and Dale Gillespie will come on for their half each also.

Grant Munro still reads the game well but looked a bit slow last night,but he wont come up against a forward line like that each week.Not sure who was playing along side him but he looked good.

I'm sure the weekend game against Woodside Amateurs will allow a few of the other boys to kick off their season,but the two friendlies against Morton and Clyde will further aid management in sorting out their plans. It was so refreshing to see a Brora bench with plenty of players on it and more so them being used...............

I'm so looking forward to the coming season.

Throwing the ball represents grest vision, does it. I must have missed Rory Delap's Ballon d'Or nomination. Those ICT trialists needn't worry....McKay might need two labourers at £800 a week to play for his work's team at weekends if they don't get signed. Check their holiday bookings first, though.

Ironically in a regionalised Cup draw Alloa end up with the longest trip that they could get out of all the competing clubs - only in Scotland.

It's not really "only in Scotland" though, is it? This sort of thing can happen anywhere that there are regionalised competitions, and is basically impossible to prevent.

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy in England has North and South sections, and Peterborough are in the Southern section, where they could face Plymouth. Plymouth are further away than any other side in England - indeed they'd be quicker getting to Palmerston to play Queen of the South.

It's not really "only in Scotland" though, is it? This sort of thing can happen anywhere that there are regionalised competitions, and is basically impossible to prevent.

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy in England has North and South sections, and Peterborough are in the Southern section, where they could face Plymouth. Plymouth are further away than any other side in England - indeed they'd be quicker getting to Palmerston to play Queen of the South.

Some people just like a moan, ironically there are no Alloa fans complaining about the draw. A dear 4 weeks for the Alloa support though, two Highland games this weekend, Brora away next, Berwick away the next again weekend then Queens away to top it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically in a regionalised Cup draw Alloa end up with the longest trip that they could get out of all the competing clubs - only in Scotland.

Or England, where 'southern' teams in the Northern section also travel longer to face teams in the north than they would in the south.

Hope you Alloa fans enjoyed your trip to Brora. Too many highland shows and galas on which kept crowd down but a good match. Thought Brora were a tad unlucky not to get the draw and don't think any of you wasps would disagree. Just hope Brora can win the HIghland League now for the tiny highland hamlet.

A long day, but a great trip. Excellent setup at Brora and everyone very welcoming and friendly.

I thought we were clearly the better side and in control for most of the game, but needed to do a bit better in the final third. Should have really had it sewn up, but as the game wore on the lack of a cushion gave Brora belief. They put us under pressure at the end with some decent chances, in particular bringing out a fine stop from Davie Crawford. Their corners were bread and butter for Dougie Hill, and I was pleased with the way we defended.

Also looked a wee bit hard done by when Hamilton looked to have fouled when Brora were counter attacking, although I was too far away to see it clearly.

Geoff took his goal well and was always involved in the game- should have scored a second when he showed great composure to turn the defender and create the opening but shot instead of laying off to McAusland for a tap in. No problem with that- strikers are greedy by nature. Might have ended up costing us though.

I thought we pinged the ball about well in the middle. O Brien looks good so far. Good to get the win- but still plenty of improvement required before the league season starts, and I'm sure the manager knows this.

Archived