When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Unionism as opposed to Nationalism.
Still believe we (4 Nations) can make a decent fist of it together, outside the EU. No it isn't what I wanted, but better to try and now work with it in the best interests of the whole of the UK.

And the act of union was done and dusted three centuries ago. It created a nation. You might have noticed your dear leader, Ruthie, happily talks about "the nation" and "the country" when talking about the UK.

Glad to see you concede that you're turned separatist, though - because England and Wales have told you it's happening, and you'll naturally never question what the wider UK nation state tells you is happening.

Unionism is nationalism you fkn clown

It has a very different connotation with regards to the Union of GB & Northern Ireland as you well know Pep.
You're insults mean nothing, just that you're in a permanent state of anger, must be really tough.

But BritNats don't see borders - unless they're with non-British countries, in which case they build them. 

We've had an open border with the ROI long before signing up to the EEC, there's no reason we can't continue with the present arrangement.

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

We've had an open border with the ROI long before signing up to the EEC, there's no reason we can't continue with the present arrangement.

And so you're also conceding that an open border could be retained between a sovereign Scotland and a rUK. Pleasing.

Shame you're now keen to throw up borders against our other European neighbours, though.

By the way, I said "non-British". Ireland is geographically British, and was British long before the UK nation state decided to hijack the term as a political denotation.

Apologies if already mentioned, I don't have time to read the whole thread but I see there are scare tactics being readied for the next attempt at independence. The decommissioning of North sea oil infrastructure will be too expensive for Scotland .

Also, IF an open border can be maintained in Ireland after brexit  (which I doubt), then why not between Scotland and England after independence?

And the UK gov may not "give permission" for a referendum.

And so you're also conceding that an open border could be retained between a sovereign Scotland and a rUK. Pleasing.
Shame you're now keen to throw up borders against our other European neighbours, though.
By the way, I said "non-British". Ireland is geographically British, and was British long before the UK nation state decided to hijack the term as a political denotation.

Going round in circles here, I've never mentioned however, a wish to 'throw up' additional borders with EU neighbours and certainly not a border with England should Indy Ref2 go ahead and succeed. Again, I'd want to see the current arrangement with the ROI maintained.

2 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Apologies if already mentioned, I don't have time to read the whole thread but I see there are scare tactics being readied for the next attempt at independence. The decommissioning of North sea oil infrastructure will be too expensive for Scotland .

Also, IF an open border can be maintained in Ireland after brexit  (which I doubt), then why not between Scotland and England after independence?

And the UK gov may not "give permission" for a referendum.

Yeh. I heard that on Bbc radio scotland. They funnily swept under the carpet, the existing agreements for the private companies involved in the extraction to decommission and cleanup at their cost.

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yeh. I heard that on Bbc radio scotland. They funnily swept under the carpet, the existing agreements for the private companies involved in the extraction to decommission and cleanup at their cost.

The cost to the taxpayer is through the tax breaks these companies get for clearing up and decommissioning.

Basically the tax breaks amount to more than revenue from selling oil. So Oil production will soon have a negative impact  on UK finances, if that isn't the case already.

8 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

The cost to the taxpayer is through the tax breaks these companies get for clearing up and decommissioning.

Basically the tax breaks amount to more than revenue from selling oil. So Oil production will soon have a negative impact  on UK finances, if that isn't the case already.

Interesting......whats your source for this?

32 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting......whats your source for this?

I was reading it in a newspaper this  week.... the i newspaper . It was a report by Padraic Flanagan on Tuesday 10th Jan.

It was on page 12 under an 'industry' heading.

Ok....I just took a photo of the article on my phone but it's 2.1MB and this site will only let me upload 2.0MB so I cant upload it.

Edited by McSpreader

41 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I was reading it in a newspaper this  week.... the i newspaper . It was a report by Padraic Flanagan on Tuesday 10th Jan.

Ok....I just took a photo of the article on my phone but it's 2.1MB and this site will only let me upload 2.0MB so I cant upload it.

Ok no probs, but I could not find the link.

It is a nonsense claim though.

At current estimates the companies are liable for 53 billion of the cleanup cost. The tax payer will pay out an estimated 24 billion in tax relief. The cleanup and therefore tax relief is likely to be spread over 50 years. 50 years!!

It don't take too much calculating to work out that the ongoing North sea production during that period, along with the jobs, infrastructure and supply chain, is going to produce many times more tax revenue than the decommission cost to the taxpayer.

Plus. There is huge opportunity here to ensure Scottish yards get the business of decommission.

One man's opinion, which you can't find.... and you take it as fact. Oh dear. I see it's been branded as rubbish anyway...
Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the intellect of the Yoon.