When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Moving on, if somehow the UK Gov manages to play this out, at least to a mutually beneficial agreement with Europe, will the majority of Scots be happy to stay put within the Union.

Of course.  Independence has never been anything but a vanity project with no credible traction.

Hahaha.

You are fucking shitein yourself Robert.

Just you keep telling yourself it's all going to be ok

Guess I'd rather we didn't play out another Indy Ref Aye, but I'm reasonably confident the answer would still be No. The SNP are going to have to force the issue this time, I can't see they would get the same level of attention and cooperation if they pushed forward before Brexit is completely sorted. Not sure that's what most Scots want, but it's just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Not really, just think it's a fair assessment of Sturgeons current position, she IS in a corner now with an incredibly difficult judgement call to make.

Tbf I agree with this to a certain extent.

Sturgeon is a naturally cautious politician, I think she probably has quite big reservation's about calling an Indy ref so soon.

However she's also bright enough to know that she simply has no other choice. She's played a blinder throughout the all thing. She's acted in a reasonable and measured manner and is letting the U.K. Gov slit it's own throat.

Another referendum is coming, that's for sure. The result at this stage is far from certain, however.

Edited by Londonwell

On 1/16/2017 at 13:45, effeffsee_the2nd said:

why do people get worked up tho? tell the truth how many of your neighbours do you know well? there are 34 houses in my street and i know the names of 2 of mine and they are through the wall and across the road, second to that how much do you care about what your neighbours get up to? (so long as theyr not being c***s are breaking the law) i bet the answer is not many and not at all.  ive had the discussion with my own mum who isnt so tolerent, she likes to whinge about neighbours of hers not integrating , but who cares? she could not answer when i asked how much of a shite she gives about what all the white people near her get up to. after all its a free country.

Foreigners in large numbers bring their culture. Do you not agree? A few here or there sprinkled through a neighborhood is not a big deal. When they move in by the dozens people start to have issues where their culture rubs wrongly up against the host culture. This can be small things all the way up to big things. One absolutely true stereotype about Latin immigrants to the US is how they carry on at all hours without respect to their neighbors. In their country this isn't rude. In our country it is. It just has to do with how we were raised. When I was a kid all the boys in the neighborhood would stay up late in the summers playing various war games. We knew which houses and yards we were allowed near. If we went into the yard of a kid not involved or my parents could here us from inside the house I would get pulled inside an spanked. A Latin person grows up with neighborhood bashes that carried on to all hours of the night. That might seem small to most people, but it demonstrates cultural differences. Then you have big things like gender roles or sexual habits that can really look horrifying to white Americans or white British, but may not cause people from the 3rd world to think twice. For instance, in large parts of Latin America it's normal for girls at the age of 12-14 to start having sex with young adult men. One of my best friends had a drug addict mom and grew up in public housing in Houston, TX. They were the only white family. Here older sister started openly dating an adult Mexican at 13. They would hold hands and walk around the neighborhood. Nobody thought twice. She talked about how when she was 12 people regularly started making sexual advances to the point that she was scared to ever go outside. She got her mom to let her go live with her grandparents because of this. It doesn't really matter if you know your neighbors. If they share your culture you can largely expect them to abide by your own cultural norms. If you have a few foreigners they will mostly respect your norms to get along. If they become the majority or a large enough minority they will impose their norms on your home. That's just the way it is.

9 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

When I was a kid all the boys in the neighborhood would stay up late in the summers playing various war games. We knew which houses and yards we were allowed near. If we went into the yard of a kid not involved or my parents could here us from inside the house I would get pulled inside an spanked.

in large parts of Latin America it's normal for girls at the age of 12-14 to start having sex with young adult men. 

Just f**k off.  This isn't the forum for you to live out your homoerotic and child abuse fantasies.  Can some mod ditch this dross?

Foreigners in large numbers bring their culture. Do you not agree? A few here or there sprinkled through a neighborhood is not a big deal. When they move in by the dozens people start to have issues where their culture rubs wrongly up against the host culture. This can be small things all the way up to big things. One absolutely true stereotype about Latin immigrants to the US is how they carry on at all hours without respect to their neighbors. In their country this isn't rude. In our country it is. It just has to do with how we were raised. When I was a kid all the boys in the neighborhood would stay up late in the summers playing various war games. We knew which houses and yards we were allowed near. If we went into the yard of a kid not involved or my parents could here us from inside the house I would get pulled inside an spanked. A Latin person grows up with neighborhood bashes that carried on to all hours of the night. That might seem small to most people, but it demonstrates cultural differences. Then you have big things like gender roles or sexual habits that can really look horrifying to white Americans or white British, but may not cause people from the 3rd world to think twice. For instance, in large parts of Latin America it's normal for girls at the age of 12-14 to start having sex with young adult men. One of my best friends had a drug addict mom and grew up in public housing in Houston, TX. They were the only white family. Here older sister started openly dating an adult Mexican at 13. They would hold hands and walk around the neighborhood. Nobody thought twice. She talked about how when she was 12 people regularly started making sexual advances to the point that she was scared to ever go outside. She got her mom to let her go live with her grandparents because of this. It doesn't really matter if you know your neighbors. If they share your culture you can largely expect them to abide by your own cultural norms. If you have a few foreigners they will mostly respect your norms to get along. If they become the majority or a large enough minority they will impose their norms on your home. That's just the way it is.

Get yourself to fu*k with this nonsense.

7 hours ago, Deplorable said:

memberberries.gif

7 hours ago, Deplorable said:

kin hell swampy you have gone mental

Without a credible economic plan, it doesn't really matter how much of a pig's ear the Tories make of Brexit, Yes cannot win a referendum unfortunately. Unless the SNP have been working on something behind closed doors, they'd be daft to fire into another Independence referendum so quickly. As many have said, another No vote would be damning beyond compare for Yes.

If, and to me it's a fairly big if, there is a coherent economic and currency plan put in place then Independence really would be inarguable given the way the UK is going.

31 minutes ago, Afro said:

Without a credible economic plan, it doesn't really matter how much of a pig's ear the Tories make of Brexit, Yes cannot win a referendum unfortunately. Unless the SNP have been working on something behind closed doors, they'd be daft to fire into another Independence referendum so quickly. As many have said, another No vote would be damning beyond compare for Yes.

If, and to me it's a fairly big if, there is a coherent economic and currency plan put in place then Independence really would be inarguable given the way the UK is going.

We've just seen a vote to leave a political union without an economic plan (or any kind of plan) ...

But I do agree with you re: currency, especially.

I think the case for the union is going to have to be made far more strongly this time around.

Yes another perfectly sensible plan on setting out whether we should have money or not is required but, the onus is all on team yoon this time.

Implicitly No will not be a vote for the status quo (again) but beyond the inevitable lies and sweeties offered a case for the UK that Scotland will be a part of will have to be made.

And we'll laugh that shite out of town IMO.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nothing tangible. I go in and out of London a couple of times a week and there's a huge number of super-smart "Europeans" supporting our economy and adding grace, charm and good looks to it.  It is inconceivable that this won't continue.

Whatever White Van Man thinks London rules and there is no way any kind of Brexit will stop the free flow of smart people both ways.

:unsure2:

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You can bet your arse that things like fisheries will be dangled and then immediately withdrawn if we shit the bed, again.

Thankfully the vote wont be decided by daft fisherman and their incessant need to take everything from the north sea. We'll see how well they sell their langoustines if there's EU tarriffs in place.