When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Tbf I agree with this to a certain extent.

Sturgeon is a naturally cautious politician, I think she probably has quite big reservation's about calling an Indy ref so soon.

However she's also bright enough to know that she simply has no other choice. She's played a blinder throughout the all thing. She's acted in a reasonable and measured manner and is letting the U.K. Gov slit it's own throat.

Another referendum is coming, that's for sure. The result at this stage is far from certain, however.

She hasn't played a blinder......she should've kept her big fat cakehole shut.

By saying softbrexit or indyref she blew it. She should've kept quiet until AFTER May's speech this week. She gave May the opportunity to call for Hard Brexit  and therefore call her bluff and now Sturgeon has nothing left to play with and has painted herself into a corner. She's fucked. End Of! Sturgeon HAS to call a 2nd ref NOW, this week, or look forever weak and indecisive.

May has won this little battle in spectacular style.

By saying softbrexit or indyref she blew it. She should've kept quiet until AFTER May's speech this week. She gave May the opportunity to call for Hard Brexit  and therefore call her bluff and now Sturgeon has nothing left to play with and has painted herself into a corner. She's fucked. End Of! Sturgeon HAS to call a 2nd ref NOW, this week, or look forever weak and indecisive.

Atleast in your head she has.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

She doesn't have to do anything of the sort.Stop being a drama queen!

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

wow.....just wow :lol::lol:

When do you want your 2nd Ref Lichtie ? Wee Nippy is gonna need to know! Please can you round up the troops and agree amongst yourselves?

Many thanks

I don't care

I'll vote yes everytime, whether that's the next one or the one after, ill vote yes every single time until the inevitable. As I will do with the SNP

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't care

I'll vote yes everytime, whether that's the next one or the one after, ill vote yes every single time until the inevitable. As I will do with the SNP

The only inevitable if SNP call for another indyref is that they will lose and the only reason another one has not been called is that they know they will lose. However I admire your faith in them.  

10 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I think the case for the union is going to have to be made far more strongly this time around.

Yes another perfectly sensible plan on setting out whether we should have money or not is required but, the onus is all on team yoon this time.

Implicitly No will not be a vote for the status quo (again) but beyond the inevitable lies and sweeties offered a case for the UK that Scotland will be a part of will have to be made.

And we'll laugh that shite out of town IMO.

It'll be difficult for the SNP as well as they don't have the oil card to play this time.

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It'll be difficult for the SNP as well as they don't have the oil card to play this time.

The argument from better together the last time was that being part of the UK with its broadest of shoulders would safe guard north sea jobs. Look how that turned out, they don't have that argument this time either. Fact is if the UK government hadn't squandered all the revenue generated over the last 50 years we might have been able to protect those jobs.

Edited by AUFC90

It seems that UKplc is saying that if Scotland leaves so it can remain in the EU, it will be choosing 15% over the 70% it does with the rUK.

Do they not recognise this is an admission that the UK will be ceasing all trade with the EU, and that Scotland would be in the EU? Because they're also denying these two things at the same time as stating the above. 

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

It seems that UKplc is saying that if Scotland leaves so it can remain in the EU, it will be choosing 15% over the 70% it does with the rUK.

Do they not recognise this is an admission that the UK will be ceasing all trade with the EU, and that Scotland would be in the EU? Because they're also denying these two things at the same time as stating the above. 

And obviously conveniently forgetting how much trade the ruk does with Scotland,think we are there 4th largest trading partner;)

Without a credible economic plan, it doesn't really matter how much of a pig's ear the Tories make of Brexit, Yes cannot win a referendum unfortunately. Unless the SNP have been working on something behind closed doors, they'd be daft to fire into another Independence referendum so quickly. As many have said, another No vote would be damning beyond compare for Yes.
If, and to me it's a fairly big if, there is a coherent economic and currency plan put in place then Independence really would be inarguable given the way the UK is going.

There will be.

I think it's clear now that having an independent Scottish central bank with an iCurrency is the only real option - the sterlingisation route was a complete dog's breakfast and was, quite rightly, ripped to shreds during IndyRef1.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

And obviously conveniently forgetting how much trade the ruk does with Scotland,think we are there 4th largest trading partner;)

They want to trade deals with everyone. Free trade deals with the whole world.....apart from Scotland, who they share a land border with.....nae bother :lol::lol: