When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Unfortunately people like Glen, mcspreader and fash will be too thick to understand that post

That's a strange statement to make. I fully understand DeeTillIDie's post and I'm prepared to accept the figures but  I will disagree with your  conclusion.

The reason there is a perception that the SNP is obsessed with indyref 2 is because it's in their manifesto, they called for one the minute the result of the EU referendum was known even though that wasn't what the EU referendum was about, have spent taxpayers money swanning off to the USA and Europe sounding out the mood for an indy Scotland  and use every opportunity to slag off Westminster and the UK political system as justification for independence instead of engaging constructively, within the system they were elected to to fight for the betterment of the people they represent. It's also just about the only thing SNP supporters across all media bang on about.

All the Tories and Labour are doing is fighting fire with fire.......and they have obviously done a good job of it as recent election results have shown.

As for Ruth's day job......I'd say she is doing just fine.

As for the 169 surgeries.....that is probably a tour of village halls and a 30 minute slot at each one over 5/6 days....

If that stat is accurate then it's indefensible.

All on with the high politics and the radio and TV appearances. Lots of glad handing but a complete neglect of her constituency.

That's the sign of an utter shyster.

But like I say...if.

That's a strange statement to make. I fully understand DeeTillIDie's post and I'm prepared to accept the figures but  I will disagree with your  conclusion.

The reason there is a perception that the SNP is obsessed with indyref 2 is because it's in their manifesto

Which was backed by the Scottish electorate in May 2016 in a PR voting system which is much fairer than the archaic FPTP system which is currently allowing the Tories to do whatever they want across the UK and with international relations.(shady orange deal aside)

Yet you don't see a problem with this... strange

20 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Which was backed by the Scottish electorate in May 2016 in a PR voting system which is much fairer than the archaic FPTP system which is currently allowing the Tories to do whatever they want across the UK and with international relations.(shady orange deal aside)

It's pish.  SNP mentioned independence 8 times in their manifesto, Labour and Tory manifestos mentioned it 42 times between them.  There's only one side obsessed and in your face about the referendum.

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

But I've always seen a problem with this and have always stated my desire to see the FPTP system changed to a more proportional system of representation AND the H.o.L abolished forthwith and replaced by an elected assembly.

Does that mean I want indy........not as things stand and dissatisfaction with the Westminster system isn't all there is to life and the thought of having my life run by a petty ,little ,interfering, lefty-liberal clique in Edinburgh abhors me!

11 hours ago, McSpreader said:

The reason there is a perception that the SNP is obsessed with indyref 2 is because it's in their manifesto, they called for one the minute the result of the EU referendum was known even though that wasn't what the EU referendum was about, have spent taxpayers money swanning off to the USA and Europe sounding out the mood for an indy Scotland  and use every opportunity to slag off Westminster and the UK political system as justification for independence instead of engaging constructively, within the system they were elected to to fight for the betterment of the people they represent. It's also just about the only thing SNP supporters across all media bang on about.

All the Tories and Labour are doing is fighting fire with fire.......and they have obviously done a good job of it as recent election results have shown.

As for the 169 surgeries.....that is probably a tour of village halls and a 30 minute slot at each one over 5/6 days....

Theresa May is really helping to "engage constructively" by refusing to meet with the FM of Scotland - Let's also not confuse this with denying Nicola Sturgeon access to a meeting with no. 10 - the basis for the bar is that the level of MP our FM should be meeting with is that of SOSS.

Yet Arlene Foster (not currently in power in NI) and Ruth Davidson (not currently in power in Scotland and not in the Cabinet) are invited to regular meetings and cabinet meetings, respectively.

Our FM is not invited to the Brexit negotiations, nor was she consulted prior to article 50 being triggered and the document that the Scottish government put forward after the Brexit vote has not, to my knowledge, received any official response.

So that's your Tories, UK government and Theresa May there.  Engaging constructively.

21 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

But I've always seen a problem with this and have always stated my desire to see the FPTP system changed to a more proportional system of representation AND the H.o.L abolished forthwith and replaced by an elected assembly.

Does that mean I want indy........not as things stand and dissatisfaction with the Westminster system isn't all there is to life and the thought of having my life run by a petty ,little ,interfering, lefty-liberal clique in Edinburgh abhors me!

Much better a petty, little, interfering, right-wing clique elected by our betters and running us from Scotland's capital, London.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Ruth's 'day job,' is to represent her immediate constituents. Something which she clearly isn't doing.

She's great with soundbites. She's great with photo opportunities. She's great with banging on about her Unionist ideology. She's great at avoiding questioning when her masters at Westminster f*ck up again. 

What she isn't so great with is the 'details' of her job. Things like policies. Things like explaining what her party's choices mean for Scotland. Things like being honest with Scotland about what a Tory government in Westminster actually means. 

Nope...she's great at 'SNP baaad'. But she's pretty sh*t at everything else. 

Which is why she'll get no further than she's got already. 

Just now, Antlion said:

Much better a petty, little, interfering, right-wing clique elected by our betters and running us from Scotland's capital, London.

Personified by David Mundell promising that a DUP deal with the Tories, resulting in a £1 billion bribe, will result in more money for Scotland and trying to sell the. exact. opposite. scenario. one day later. because his masters hadn't given him the memo.

Thst is is simply the SOSS working on behalf of the Tories in Westminster to push their will in Scotland.  He is supposed to act for the betterment of Scotland at Westminster.  It is beyond any good reason that anyone would expect that to happen when you have a Tory as SOSS and the Tories in charge at Westminster.

It simply doesn't make sense and is but one small illustration of the idiocy of the constitutional mess that the UK is.

DFzhNODWAAEf2G_.jpg
Family of nations, union of equals, etc.

Maybe the English retirees in Scotland should be told the same. They haven't paid into our system but are taking all the care and free prescriptions they need. This is apparently why the soldier is being denied care, he isn't in the English system, but maybe Colonel tRuthless will sort this out for the poor guy, aye right...

On 25/07/2017 at 22:33, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The people who have been banging the drum for months about IndyRef2 are not the SNP but the Scottish Tories aided and abetted by the shitebags in the Labour Party.

SNP manifesto - 8 mentions of IndyRef2.

Scottish Tory manifesto - 43 - forty fucking three - mentions of IndyRef2.

Who's fucking obsessed?

8 >43

I read this article the other day - it's extremely unspecific in its explanation of what's happening but I *think* what's happened is that the English NHS is asking his home NHS Board to pay for the treatment which is how the system should be working and how it does work for Scottish people who require treatment in England and vice versa.

Reading between the lines, what I suspect might be happening is that NHS Scotland have said they won't pay for the English treatment as they can provide it in Scotland, and the guy wants to stay in England for whatever reason so is attempting to use the press etc to get them to back down.

He is ex service, treatment should be given

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He is ex service, treatment should be given

What difference does being 'ex service' make? He shouldn't be treated any differently because he's 'ex service'