When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that many in Scotland get their political knowledge from 20 second soundbites on TV, or newspaper headlines, it's hard to blame the Tories for making hay with this. The SNP would do exactly the same the other way round. 
The questions such as 'why did Sturgeon meet with Salmond several times after the accusations were public, and what was said ?', are perfectly valid. 
The whole thing has been very poorly handled by all parties, unfortunately. 

Yes why did the first minister meet with her predecessor and mentor on several occasions?
Dont get me wrong my respect for Salmond has eroded greatly but I sincerely do not think Sturgeon is complicit in any wrong doing here.

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes why did the first minister meet with her predecessor and mentor on several occasions?
Dont get me wrong my respect for Salmond has eroded greatly but I sincerely do not think Sturgeon is complicit in any wrong doing here.

I'm not saying she's necessarily guilty of any sort of wrong doing that should cause her to lose her job but if Alex Salmond is a sex pest then surely he is #cancelled?

I'm not saying she's necessarily guilty of any sort of wrong doing that should cause her to lose her job but if Alex Salmond is a sex pest then surely he is #cancelled?

Of course he should be, but he should also be entitled to a fair trial and not a media assassination. That said he could have taken the measures he had in a much lower key way. I still think he won’t be charged. I may be wrong, but how much of an investigation could there be, times passed so no dna evidence, from the narrative there is only one witness so no corroboration unless he makes admissions etc. I don’t see what the delay is, they will either have a positive line of enquiry or not.

3 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
When the government survives tomorrow's vote of no confidence, Nic should call the referendum

Ha ha ha ! Guid ane. Thought you were serious for a minute.

^^^ On the verge of breakdown imo.

I expect this to reflect all the yoons in Scotland whose heads are now well and truly gone.

Do you think Sturgeon will call a referendum after tonight's vote?
She will call it when it's a stick on win and not before. You can make your own assumptions when that's likely. That said she could go full JLD and call it today heralding an Argentina 78 style tear soaked fiasco before shuffling off much like her predecessor did. All I expect to hear is more sabre rattling much like Mays No Deal Brexit warnings. Even the slightly more grounded Nats must see the baws a bit deflated at the moment.

5 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Blue Passports. What's not to like?

My passport is up for renewal in March and I've a trip abroad booked for September. The big question is should I renew now or wait to get a shiny blue 1?

It's these big decisions that keep me awake

One of the Salmond or Sturgeon teams is bending reality a tad based on what's emerged over the last few days. Personally I'm sceptical that it's Sturgeon. 

In the meantime, Loondave's patter has upgraded to "frantic".