When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The ones she can remember that is..

I dunno I find blind loyalty to politicians to be pretty servile and pathetic but each to their own. 

Is that better or worse than blind loyalty to a fitba team that embraces, say, a Union flag?

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Is that better or worse than blind loyalty to a fitba team that embraces, say, a Union flag?

I don't think loyalty or blind faith in your favourite politician is wise or a positive trait to have. 

I think supporting a football team is completely different, I don't look at anyone negatively for loyally supporting their chosen football club. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Arguing to be an independent country being what, exactly?

Constant rows over the constitution and sovereignty are obviously political but they do rather diminish the likes of education, health, housing, the economy, welfare you name it.
Would much prefer debating these topics.

That’s why I’m keen to get this referendum over and done with, as its obviously going to happen some time.

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, I think we need to lance this boil.

Sooner rather than later.

Happy to get back out there for the Union.

Once things have been decided, hopefully we can get back to real politics.

Whether you like it or not, attempting to the redress the entirely anomalous and ridiculous state of affairs which sees us robbed, as a nation, of all meaningful decision making power by others, is "real politics".

Heres a question:

In your own opinion is an Indy2 more likely to be won asap so within 2 years, in 5 years or held sometime past that?

Lots of different pros and cons to each, brexit, tory governments, demographics

How do people see it and why?

Edited by BigDoddyKane

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

So that would be a yes then. Fair enough, I'm not sure how many of your fellow SNP fans hold the same confidence. 

SNP and Greens campaigned on having a referendum therefore they should have one within this session of parliament. At least a year or two to recover from the pandemic which should be a priority then hold a referendum any time they feel like it between 2023-25.

3 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Heres a question:

In your own opinion is an Indy2 more likely to be won asap so within 2 years, in 5 years or held sometime past that?

Good question.

From a unionist point of view, I would have it sooner rather than later.

Reasons

Scotland is receiving approx. £2000 more per person than the RUK through Barnett.

Scotlands budget deficit is terrible and worsening vis a vis RUK as per the SG’s GERS figures. 
Scotland has benefitted greatly from the UK’s vaccination programme.

EU is in disarray with  growth projected to be lower than the UK

Brexit will be shown to be NOT the horror story as predicted by the SNP

SNP will still have no viable policy regarding currency post independence.

Oil, although important, is now much less so as fossil fuels are seen as being a negative.

The importance of shared language and culture will be emphasised.

Just a few for starters.
Bring it on.

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Good question.

From a unionist point of view, I would have it sooner rather than later.

Reasons

Scotland is receiving approx. £2000 more per person than the RUK through Barnett.

Scotlands budget deficit is terrible and worsening vis a vis RUK as per the SG’s GERS figures. 
Scotland has benefitted greatly from the UK’s vaccination programme.

EU is in disarray with  growth projected to be lower than the UK

Brexit will be shown to be NOT the horror story as predicted by the SNP

SNP will still have no viable policy regarding currency post independence.

Oil, although important, is now much less so as fossil fuels are seen as being a negative.

The importance of shared language and culture will be emphasised.

Just a few for starters.
Bring it on.

😂

2024 feels right for me as well. I think much of it’s down to optics though. The process obviously begins now, but I think having a vote whilst the pandemic isn’t that far removed from us gives Unionists too much ammunition to use about “the day job” etc. 

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

2024 feels right for me as well. I think much of it’s down to optics though. The process obviously begins now, but I think having a vote whilst the pandemic isn’t that far removed from us gives Unionists too much ammunition to use about “the day job” etc. 

By 2024 much of what the Tories have been doing will be exposed.

Heres a question:

I know the consensus is that demographics will always push indy closer but I do get the impression that the longer things drag on, people solidify on their viewpoint and the no of swing voters reduces.

At the moment, those swing voters are only really hearing a vision from independence from unionist figures and the SNP are having a totally different argument and not really engaging with the specifics. The longer they go without a formal campaign, the attack lines on important issues are drawn without them.

There's a lot the indy campaign has in favour right now and I'm pretty skeptical it'll ever be at a point where you're going into a formal campaign with 55-60% of people polling in favour for indy and feeling like it's a sure thing.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Die Bedeutung einer gemeinsamen Sprache wie Wee Nippy und die Scottish Nazi Party wollen uns alle zwingen, Deutsch zu sprechen.

ftfy