When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What do folk make of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/12/boris-johnson-accused-of-plan-emasculate-uk-devolution

Seems to be pissing off all three devolved admins and presumably the tories are just counting on folk forgetting and moving on. I'd hope most Scots regardless of politics would be against the idea of devolution being frustrated or chipped away at given our generally better services up here.

The Brexit Party (remember him?) are also currently renewing their demands for the Welsh assembly to be abolished so that England can have direct rule over Wales. The links between Cummings, Farage, and Johnson are all too well known.

Brexit and its minions have always been about “taking back control” into the hands of a small cabal of London-based billionaires. None of this is a surprise, nor even particularly covert. UK “unionism” is now neo English imperialism in all but name, aided and abetted by the (shrinking) minority of cringing serfs in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who desperately want to be part of the great project.

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Careful now, don't want to be accused of being racist...

It’s a bit difficult to be accused of racism by racists like Johnson, Farage and their supporters - but, then, Farage has been trying to accuse supporters of equal rights for black people of being racist against pureblood whites like himself, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

What do folk make of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/12/boris-johnson-accused-of-plan-emasculate-uk-devolution

Seems to be pissing off all three devolved admins and presumably the tories are just counting on folk forgetting and moving on. I'd hope most Scots regardless of politics would be against the idea of devolution being frustrated or chipped away at given our generally better services up here.

This is undoubtedly going to happen. It's part of Cummings' plan to centralise power within a small group in Westminster. 

Devolution will be attacked from single (barely) legal angle. Given that it's already proven that Westminster overrules Holyrood on pretty much every aspect, the Tories will take full advantage of this. 

Next year's elections are absolutely vital, not just for the SNP, but for the whole existence of the Scottish parliament. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This is undoubtedly going to happen. It's part of Cummings' plan to centralise power within a small group in Westminster. 

Devolution will be attacked from single (barely) legal angle. Given that it's already proven that Westminster overrules Holyrood on pretty much every aspect, the Tories will take full advantage of this. 

Next year's elections are absolutely vital, not just for the SNP, but for the whole existence of the Scottish parliament. 

Biggest surprise there for me was that the Welsh are currently discussing an independence referendum  :blink:

Then again, nobody would've thought our referendum would've been so close a few years beforehand, so who knows.

34 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

And when Cummings’ puppets attempt to claim it’s just “nationalist grievance and scaremongering” - and they will - it needs to be pointed out that they did the same with:

The 2015 Tory government. Then it happened.

Brexit. Then it happened.

Boris Johnson. Then it happened.

No deal. Now it’s happening.

The Tories and their enablers are lying, verminous maggots, and they will, as a matter of course, try and dismiss everything they’re actively working towards as “scare-mongering grievance” that “will never happen”.

Edited by Antlion

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And when Cummings’ puppets attempt to claim it’s just “nationalist grievance and scaremongering” - and they will - it needs to be pointed out that they did the same with:

The 2015 Tory government. Then it happened.

Brexit. Then it happened.

Boris Johnson. Then it happened.

No deal. Now it’s happening.

The Tories and their enablers are lying, verminous maggots, and they will, as a matter of course, try and dismiss everything they’re actively working towards as “scare-mongering grievance” that “will never happen”.

I've honestly no idea why this should come as a surprise to anyone. 

The Tories, under Cummings, have long been set on destroying the pillars of British democracy that he sees as liberal, progressive and a threat to centralised power...effectively anyone and anything that was against Brexit for the last few years. 

So the civil service and it's many components will be dismantled, the BBC will lose its 'neutrality', and the devolved powers will be diluted to the point that they will become nothing more than council offices.

If people in Scotland are complacent and unaware of what's going on, we could sleepwalk into a point where Scottish 'devolution' is turned back 30 years or more. 

What I’m curious about: we know Johnson works for Cummings (his part of the deal seems to be fulfilling his right to prance about on the world stage as PM, as a creature of his class and ego believes itself entitled to do) - but who does Cummings really work for?

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

What I’m curious about: we know Johnson works for Cummings (his part of the deal seems to be fulfilling his right to prance about on the world stage as PM, as a creature of his class and ego believes itself entitled to do) - but who does Cummings really work for?

Maybe he's still on the payroll at that plane-less Russian airline.

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Maybe he's still on the payroll at that plane-less Russian airline.

My money is on Satan, but I guess Russia is a possibility.

(I’ve just noticed that when you type in Dominic on Google, the auto option is “Dominic Cummings - political leader”. Google knows the score in the UK at least.)

B23A08A8-BFEF-48EF-8BCC-54CD9DEF6455.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Biggest surprise there for me was that the Welsh are currently discussing an independence referendum  :blink:

Then again, nobody would've thought our referendum would've been so close a few years beforehand, so who knows.

Wales will become independent and we will be on hand to hand them Metal Gear Trident to protect them from English aggression.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

I don't think he is working for anyone else at least clandestinely. His years of blogging and plotting seem fairly self-motivated.

57 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I hope the SNP and others plan to launch legal attacks on this kind of thing rather than just moaning online and in the papers.

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I know. They despise the SNP too

ETA https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/families-sue-matt-hancock-over-coronavirus-care-home-deaths/ar-BB16CVQv?ocid=st

More murdering Tories. This is going very well for you.

It’s obviously not going very well for you. If the nasty Tories are going around murdering people, why are so many voting for them? That would tend to indicate that the other parties must be really shit. Given the “care home killing fields statistics” in Scotland, it looks like its actually the SNP that are murdering people.

22 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Wales will become independent and we will be on hand to hand them Metal Gear Trident to protect them from English aggression.

I may have a little heads gone to myself if Wales ever secedes from the Union and leaves us in the United Kingdom of England and Scotland.

Not quite a Glen Minter level of heads gone, but probably pretty close.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I may have a little heads gone to myself if Wales ever secedes from the Union and leaves us in the United Kingdom of England and Scotland.

Not quite a Glen Minter level of heads gone, but probably pretty close.

It would take spreading your cheeks and defecating over your keypad to reach Glen Minter’s latest “if the Tories are killing people then why did people vote for them” level of thickness. This is the Tory voter in Scotland now - so thick it can’t even stand up (but if there’s a Union Jack or a minor royal about, it’ll damn well try!).

813E8CCD-598F-447E-AC64-544BB8E51A69.jpeg

The tone of the Indyref2 campaign is increasingly militant - we've seen that in recent weeks.  Here's another example:

The upside is that the Natters on here can stop pretending it's civic nationalism and just get on with the job of hating the Basturt English.