When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

The 3% deficit target is contained within EU documentation, and also explicit in Andrew Wilson's Growth Commission Report. 

The 3% deficit is not one of the accession criteria for EU membership (Croatia joined with a 5% deficit) and the Growth Commission recommended reducing the deficit to 3% but didn't link it with joining the EU.

38 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Indeed a lot of 'If's but's and maybe's from you.  

You are wrong about the 4years 10 month best case.  

Wrong about the 3% to join the EU.  

Wrong about the five lines you've *offered us*  

Best I can ask you is how do you indeed voting if we have a 2nd Independence referendum?  If you don't mind sharing how did you vote in the 2014, 2016 referendums?  

As I have said before,I joined the SNP in 1984,that would be some 36 years of membership. As I have also said before I have actively participated in many an election campaign for the party,some of them in the early days with the YSN, and someone called Nicola Sturgeon (don't know how she got on after that)..you?

From that answer you might deduce that I voted Yes in 2014 (shock), and of, Remain in 2016. I know you have me down as an uninformed Yoon,maybe 36 years doesn't meet the criteria.

Its good that you disagree with Andrew Wilson and also the EU's various commissions and lengthy documentation about the 3% target (not my assertion,but theirs)

I can also only trust the EUs own documentation about 4 years,10 months but again as you say they must be wrong.

I presume that the 5 lines are references to the sticking point as between EU Scotland and outside England...again you.must be right...there should be no issues over laws,regulations,tariffs,borders, arbitration,fishing access etc.

Edited by Jedi

As I have said before,I joined the SNP in 1984,that would be some 36 years of membership. As I have also said before I have actively participated in many an election campaign for the party,some of them in the early days with the YSN, and someone called Nicola Sturgeon (don't know how she got on after that)..you?
From that answer you might deduce that I voted Yes in 2014 (shock), and of, Remain in 2016. I know you have me down as an uninformed Yoon,maybe 36 years doesn't meet the criteria.
Its good that you disagree with Andrew Wilson and also the EU's various commissions and lengthy documentation about the 3% target (not my assertion,but theirs)
I can also only trust the EUs own documentation about 4 years,10 months but again as you say they must be wrong.
I presume that the 5 lines are references to the sticking point as between EU Scotland and outside England...again you.must be right...there should be no issues over laws,regulations,tariffs,borders, arbitration,fishing access etc.

TOP DEFINITION
concern troll;
In an argument (usually a political debate), a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns". The idea behind this is that your opponents will take your arguments more seriously if they think you're an ally. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

TOP DEFINITION
concern troll;
In an argument (usually a political debate), a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns". The idea behind this is that your opponents will take your arguments more seriously if they think you're an ally. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets

Do you think that there is no need to be concerned about independence?

11 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Expand on that please.   Scotland is a massive net-contributor to the EU there's massive political will for Scotland (both here and in the EU to return).  I'm not convinced you're being honest.  There's loads of misinformation like the 3% max deficit that we here regularly banded about as factual.   

😂

10 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Indeed a lot of 'If's but's and maybe's from you.  

You are wrong about the 4years 10 month best case.  

Wrong about the 3% to join the EU.  

Wrong about the five lines you've *offered us*  

Best I can ask you is how do you indeed voting if we have a 2nd Independence referendum?  If you don't mind sharing how did you vote in the 2014, 2016 referendums?  

This is brilliant. Someone comes on in favour of SI yet is pointing out the nuanced arguments that need to be won, not doing so in the typical gung ho delusional fashion and everyone has a meltdown. Completely missed all the points and is generally rather rude

See what happens if you speak out against the cult. Don't tell them things they don't want to hear even if you support SI as this will trigger foaming at the mouth and hostility. 

"Hey, you know it may not be the quickest of processes rejoining the EU..

"DON'T SAY THAT, YOU FUCKING YOON" 

As you were.. 

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

TOP DEFINITION
concern troll;

Ahahha

Don't have any worries boys. Sip the Kool aid close your eyes and it'll all be okay. 

Edited by Stormzy

Good stuff....as I question one or two facets of Independence and am critical of SNP policy on schools,care homes, and obsession with polling numbers, I am therefore a troll...have never in fact been a member of said party, or indeed campaigned for and voted for Independence......can see the logic.

So, in conclusion,.....any criticism or questioning of SNP policy whatsoever=clearly trolling.

Open debate....love it.

Edited by Jedi

I find the rejoining the EU argument pretty tedious, but, it'll be up to the EU as to what timescale we rejoin. 

If they want us to jump through hoops and it takes 5 years, then that's what it'll take. If they want to bend rules, hand waive and fast track Scotland to spite the rUK and accept us immediately as a continuity member then they'll do that.

Anything else is just guessing, and the EU probably aren't really bothered about hypotheticals whilst we don't even have a date for any 2nd ref.