When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

All I've seen is opinion - any "evidence" has come from dubious sources.

I've stated my own view on the accusations regards the finances and the so-called "missing £600k" - it's pretty clear that it has been spent on 2 different election campaigns - there's not fraud as some are trying to imply.

That being said, I do think there needs to be more honesty regards this - particularly from Murrell.

I think that possibly is criminal fraud, but at best it’s not a good look and they are not being honest about it even now. 

I personally would like to know what £37.5 million in membership fees between 2014 and 2019 has been spent on. 

39 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I think that possibly is criminal fraud, but at best it’s not a good look and they are not being honest about it even now. 

I personally would like to know what £37.5 million in membership fees between 2014 and 2019 has been spent on. 

Do you mean that you personally want to know what that money was spent on, or that you want someone else to look through the accounts and do your research for you? 

If you really wanted to know, I'm sure that the accounts will be around somewhere.  Maybe you could look? 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Do you mean that you personally want to know what that money was spent on, or that you want someone else to look through the accounts and do your research for you? 

If you really wanted to know, I'm sure that the accounts will be around somewhere.  Maybe you could look? 

I’ve look at what I can see, and I asked the question internally. As yet, no response.

where do you reckon it went?

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

I’ve look at what I can see, and I asked the question internally. As yet, no response.

where do you reckon it went?

Well, a quick google gave me this for 2017... 

Office £401,387.00
Transfers out £623,545.00 Staff £952,000.00
Fundraising £167,916.00 Campaigning £1,538,464.00
Depreciation £196,067.00 Financing charges and taxation £102,246.00
Commercial activities £0.00 Conferences £598,831.00

What sort of detail are you looking for that you expect someone on a football forum to provide? Do you take as much interest in the detail of the other political parties' accounts or is this an example of a 'SNP probably bad and up to something' attitude?  I seem to recall that there are rules about accounts/documents/receipts etc which presumably the SNP will be complying with.  I'm sure that you will be enforcing whatever rights you have. 

I suppose if that's the kind of thing you are interested in, fine, good for you.  I could of course be wrong, but if there really are as many disgruntled ex-SNP members out there as folk seem to think, I suspect that someone would have caused a stink by now (maybe even with evidence?) if there were serious financial issues going back to 2014.   Or, it could be a Trumpian sort of '... well, I'm just asking questions.. a lot of people are saying...' 

I'm sure if you get a response you'll let us all know. 

(Before anyone strops up at me, I am not now, and never have been, a member of any political party.) 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The December 2019 Accounts are available to view on the Electoral Commission website.

They show £190 k in the bank  and total assets not much higher, as I recall.

I think all political parties should be treated the same, so if there is something dodgy in SNP accounts just like we slate the tories for being corrupt, then this should be cleared up. 

when this many of their own have questioned the lack of documents surely its a fair question to ask 

talking about other political parties seems to dismiss this as if it doesnt matter but who the feck would want to be like the tories or labour and when SNP is in SG its even more valid a question

everything keeps coming back to murrell being the liability here it seems, in something it would seem quite easy to clear up

20 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I think all political parties should be treated the same, so if there is something dodgy in SNP accounts just like we slate the tories for being corrupt, then this should be cleared up. 

when this many of their own have questioned the lack of documents surely its a fair question to ask 

talking about other political parties seems to dismiss this as if it doesnt matter but who the feck would want to be like the tories or labour and when SNP is in SG its even more valid a question

everything keeps coming back to murrell being the liability here it seems, in something it would seem quite easy to clear up

As an interested outsider, I have seen copies of letters sent to Mr Murrell asking all the relevant questions in a polite and correct manner. Unfortunately, he just ignores them. 
I would think that the next opportunity to quiz the executive will be at the AGM when the 2020 Accounts will be presented.

The people who have resigned have all tried to get the necessary information but to no avail.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, a quick google gave me this for 2017... 

Office £401,387.00
Transfers out £623,545.00 Staff £952,000.00
Fundraising £167,916.00 Campaigning £1,538,464.00
Depreciation £196,067.00 Financing charges and taxation £102,246.00
Commercial activities £0.00 Conferences £598,831.00

What sort of detail are you looking for that you expect someone on a football forum to provide? Do you take as much interest in the detail of the other political parties' accounts or is this an example of a 'SNP probably bad and up to something' attitude?  I seem to recall that there are rules about accounts/documents/receipts etc which presumably the SNP will be complying with.  I'm sure that you will be enforcing whatever rights you have. 

I suppose if that's the kind of thing you are interested in, fine, good for you.  I could of course be wrong, but if there really are as many disgruntled ex-SNP members out there as folk seem to think, I suspect that someone would have caused a stink by now (maybe even with evidence?) if there were serious financial issues going back to 2014.   Or, it could be a Trumpian sort of '... well, I'm just asking questions.. a lot of people are saying...' 

I'm sure if you get a response you'll let us all know. 

(Before anyone strops up at me, I am not now, and never have been, a member of any political party.) 

What a state to get yourself into. Just calm down please. We were simply having a conversation, and I was not asking a football forum to provide anything. 

there there.

25 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

You have to remember that Scotland is run by a husband and wife team.  The only two Party officials registered with the electoral  commission are the CEO of the SNP and his wife - the First Minister of Scotland.  And this is the sort of stylised but accurate  response you get when you ask Nippy to clarify it:

58 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

What a state to get yourself into. Just calm down please. We were simply having a conversation, and I was not asking a football forum to provide anything. 

there there.

Eh? You said "I personally would like to know" and "where do you reckon it went?"

Hardly "a state".   In two posts you seemed to be asking for info.  You can hardly complain if folk comment back! 

25 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Eh? You said "I personally would like to know" and "where do you reckon it went?"

Hardly "a state".   In two posts you seemed to be asking for info.  You can hardly complain if folk comment back! 

I was having a conversation with someone. It’s common.

4 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

If we treat every party the same then the SNP should get away with murder and blatant corruption with little media interference.

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

😂 Superb stuff! Glad you're back on top form.

Thanks, matey.  It's only the encouragement from decent posters like you that keeps me going.

Wee Dougie Ross was on form earlier.  Did you see this?

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thanks, matey.  It's only the encouragement from decent posters like you that keeps me going.

Wee Dougie Ross was on form earlier.  Did you see this?

Somebody tell DRoss that his letter includes zero content regarding powers over employment. Although you're certainly right, that's him "on form".

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's appallingly written.

And completely irrelevant and yet still it is true.  The SG have made a habit of requesting additional powers and then when they get then, either not using them at all or ignoring their previous commitments once they have the power to implement.  APD being a prime example.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

And completely irrelevant and yet still it is true.  The SG have made a habit of requesting additional powers and then when they get then, either not using them at all or ignoring their previous commitments once they have the power to implement.  APD being a prime example.

"Following the advice from the UK Committee on Climate Change in 2019 – and the new 2045 target for net-zero emissions adopted as a result – we came to the conclusion that the economic benefits we had sought through our policy of reducing ADT were not compatible with our new emissions targets.

The Scottish Government remains fully committed to introducing the ADT when a solution to the Highlands and Islands exemption issue has been found. Air connectivity is critical for the Highlands and Islands and the existing exemption must remain in place to protect remote and rural communities, and to ensure that the devolved powers are not compromised."

https://www.gov.scot/policies/taxes/air-departure-tax/