When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Who's making the accusations here?

The SNP treasurer has just released a statement to clear up the issue, admitted that the funds raised had been spent and that the remainder would be replenished from cash flow.  No accusations are required.

You will also notice that although you have once again tried to be a smart arse, you have quoted me quoting from the statement.

I even used inverted commas to show that it was a direct quote.

Got any literature around the fundraisers to support this or do we just accept that funds ring fenced for a referendum campaign are now earmarked to secure independence?  
Oh and have already been spent on matters not relating to either of the aforementioned wording.
I was going to ask the same regarding the publicity.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I would say ethically unacceptable.

Donors received an email inOctpber last year stating

“The Referendum Appeal Fund has a current balance of £593,501 and we can fully deploy those funds instantaneously - guaranteeing maximum impact when vital funds are needed most.

That was dishonest.

Some of the money was raised on the yes.scot website which even now states

The independence campaign is people powered and you can help to provide Yes campaigners with the materials to reach every part of Scotland.

Even a few pounds will make a difference. No matter how large or small, your donation will go direct to this campaign.

Doesn't mention SNP cash flows, using donations for general election campaigns or other SNP running expenses.

Edited by strichener

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Wat?

They don't have the cash.  They have spent it.  Are you seriously this idiotic or is it just the case that it is the SNP so the indefensible must be defended.  Either way I'm comfortable that if this had been any other party you would have been posting multiple links to articles.  I'll leave you to your unicorns and fairies.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Even the slanted Times story says "some" (not all) of the money has been used elsewhere. IIRC about £50k.:

1. The money exists and
2. the full amount will be spent on a future independence campaign.
3. Earmarked means the same as ringfenced. If it helps.

1. The money does not exist.  It has been spaffed on other things, including paying the large salary of the husband of Scotland's FM.
2. There may be £600K spent on any future indeyref but only if there's a new fundraiser.  "For every £10 we raise for IndyRef2, £5 will pay for Peter Murrell"
3. Only in Nippy's bizarre, Newspeak, NatNat Land.  In this context, 'earmarked' means, "We spent it but there's a Post-it on the bookkeeper's PC screen saying "IOU £600K".

But thanks.  "Earmarked means the same as ringfenced" did give me a laugh.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Where. Does. It. Say. That?

The £660k has been raised since 2017.  In the SNP accounts last year they had total reserves of < £300k which includes £416k of fixed assets.  The. Money. Has. Been. Spent.  In the statement the treasurer stated that only £50k of expenditure was attributable to this fund.  The SNP had cash of £97k so you tell me WHERE. IS. THE. MONEY?

54 minutes ago, strichener said:

The £660k has been raised since 2017.  In the SNP accounts last year they had total reserves of < £300k which includes £416k of fixed assets. 

I'll try again, Where. Does. It. Say. That?

C'mon, easy peasy lemon squeezy, the SNPzy have spent £600,000 illegally.

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I'll try again, Where. Does. It. Say. That?

C'mon, easy peasy lemon squeezy, the SNPzy have spent £600,000 illegally.

Where did you ask that previously?  Changing the question after having the previous one answered.

Here is one for you - where is the cash that the SNP claimed could they had £590k that they could deploy instantaneously and that it was in a fund.  Where is this money?

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Where. Does. It. Say. That?

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

Where did you ask that previously?  Changing the question after having the previous one answered.

Here is one for you - where is the cash that the SNP claimed could they had £590k that they could deploy instantaneously and that it was in a fund.  Where is this money?

Well.

The disappearance of the £600,000 is absolutely shocking and I see it is headline news worldwide.

Police should arrest Sturgeon and Murrell and charge them with treason with a minimum sentence of not less than 150 years each, also westminster should shut down the Scottish Government and disband the SNP party and throw all  125,000 members into prison and throw away the keys and seize all their assets and burn their houses down., any SNP members who manage to avoid being jailed should be hunted down and shot.

It was a successful project after Culloden and worthwhile repeating it.

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

But this has nothing to do with the Scottish Government, it's a party matter. 

The SNP are in government champ. And actually the money was raised not for party business and not all from party members or even supporters. 

10 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yes, "For the purpose of promoting a referendum on independence and campaigns intended to secure independence"

Nope, that's not what they said when they asked for the money. That's what they're saying now to facilitate them hiding the fact they've spent it.

I will leave the legalities of what the SNP have done for the judicial process to assess, although given that these are integral parts of the Scottish Government I'm not sure they will be all that impartial.

However, the use of this £600k for general  party business should sicken every independence supporter in the country. This is total exploitation of many people who have contributed their hard earned cash to a specific cause and has basically lined the pockets of people on very large salaries within the SNP. Meanwhile the independence cause has progressed not one inch.

People, however, can make their own minds up but if you think that this will make it easier to raise funds for indyref 2 when the time comes then you're deluded.