When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I'd hate to say that these were typical no voters but..........

.... you wouldn't want to describe the majority of the populace as knuckle dragging idiots surely. 

I knew this chavvy guy who said he was voting for Yes and when I asked him why he said "am Scottish" 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

18 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

.... you wouldn't want to describe the majority of the populace as knuckle dragging idiots surely. 

I knew this chavvy guy who said he was voting for Yes and when I asked him why he said "am Scottish" 

Not the majority but far too high a minority.

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The majority of the populace in Dundee voted "yes". Whilst these two do not represent the whole Dundee "no" vote, they are part of it

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

What a lovely unsubstantiated anecdote. Do you have any evidence to back it up?

10 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

The majority of the populace in Dundee voted "yes". Whilst these two do not represent the whole Dundee "no" vote, they are part of it

What a lovely unsubstantiated anecdote. Do you have any evidence to back it up?

You want me to provide evidence of a casual conversation I had nearly a decade ago. 

You're absolutley wired to the moon aren't you? 

24 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You want me to provide evidence of a casual conversation I had nearly a decade ago. 

Have you never heard of rhetorical questions? My point was that you can't prove that this alleged conversation ever happened.

Like most Yoons on here, you continually fall into the trap of posting opinion as fact or posting statements without ay evidence to back them up

24 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You're absolutley wired to the moon aren't you? 

That's twice in a row that you've resorted to personal abuse when responding to me. Can I politely remind you about Div's advice at the top of this forum.

The behaviour in this particular section of the forum is causing more issues than anywhere else on the board.

We accept that the nature of politics is that we get very differing opinions on subjects and that arguments can become heated but please be assured that if you resort to over the top personal abuse we will put warnings on your account and if you repeat offend we'll remove you from the forum.

You can disagree with another persons views without resorting to being abusive.

Play nice. Please.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Have you never heard of rhetorical questions? My point was that you can't prove that this alleged conversation ever happened.

Like most Yoons on here, you continually fall into the trap of posting opinion as fact or posting statements without ay evidence to back them up

That's twice in a row that you've resorted to personal abuse when responding to me. Can I politely remind you about Div's advice at the top of this forum.

What's a rhetorical question? 

I'm sorry I've previously upset you for pointing out how stupid and pointless your replies are to me. Perhaps stop quoting me with silly responses if you're easily upset by my replies? You can't act like some passive aggressive moon unit and then screech like a victim when someone responds in the same manner to yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I'm sorry I've previously upset you for pointing out how stupid and pointless your replies are to me. Perhaps stop quoting me with silly responses if you're easily upset by my replies? You can't act like some passive aggressive moon unit and then screech like a victim when someone responds in the same manner to yourself. 

Stop trolling.

Alternatively, why not put me on your ever-expanding ignore list.

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Are you daft?

Sturgeon's been in the job for too long.   She's run out of tricks and knows Independence can't be delivered.   All she's doing is working from Holyrood to Westminster to Council elections kicking the can down the road to keep her cronies in power.

14 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Isn't it about time you put the tablet down?

On 21/03/2022 at 12:16, Detournement said:

How is it the fault of anyone else but the SNP that they have went cold on independence?

It is gone but that isn't the worst of your false apotheosis.

I actually agree that once in a generation is not too far from fair. Given that and all that has happening since the loss in 2014, I'd rather a win in the middle of this decade than the inevitable despair after an impetuous plebiscite.

I've got some admiration for the posters on here that can see through the SNPs nonsense. 

At least the Alba supporters on here actually seem to want Independence rather than keeping their favourite politican in power. 

"Aye well maybe next election we win she'll actually offer us a referendum" - repeat ad infinitum

Theres an argument with brexit still causing chaos, the most unpopular PM since Thatcher and a particularly horrible tory party. Next year is the best time for indy2.

Its a difficult call though. Whenever its held the result will decide what was correct. At the moment though it does feel it should be easy to win indy2 with all thats happened and whos in power in UK.

30 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Theres an argument with brexit still causing chaos, the most unpopular PM since Thatcher and a particularly horrible tory party. Next year is the best time for indy2.

Its a difficult call though. Whenever its held the result will decide what was correct. At the moment though it does feel it should be easy to win indy2 with all thats happened and whos in power in UK.

Sadly for you I think that's wishful thinking otherwise we would see some of it reflected in polling. 

My andctodal experience is that the energy has ran out. What with cost of living crisis and Ukraine instability everybody is a lot more cautious. The SNP haven't advanced any of their economic arguments and the appetite doesn't seem to be there to fight any sort of battle. 

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Sadly for you I think that's wishful thinking otherwise we would see some of it reflected in polling. 

My andctodal experience is that the energy has ran out. What with cost of living crisis and Ukraine instability everybody is a lot more cautious. The SNP haven't advanced any of their economic arguments and the appetite doesn't seem to be there to fight any sort of battle. 

Those other issues may have an impact but I think the polling should be higher for indy than it is but the SNP seem to lack any sense of positivity and are quite boring to listen to.  

4 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

4 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Those other issues may have an impact but I think the polling should be higher for indy than it is but the SNP seem to lack any sense of positivity and are quite boring to listen to.  

With polling generally being around the 50/50 mark for 7 years, I have to agree with Albus Bulbasaur that certain factors will have a negative effect on any future indyref.  Any soft no's that could have switched will be more inclined to vote for the status quo, and anyway the Snp have had 7 years to convince them to change to yes, so are there any soft no's left? Maybe there wouldn't be had campaigning for Independence stopped in 2020. 

I don't think there will be an Indyref in 2023 or for quite a while yet, nor am I sure I want one.  There is a danger that if Nicola Sturgeon feels she has to hold a referendum then what concessions will be made to Westminster to get them to agree the section 30 request.  We could end up with a very dangerous situation where a referendum actually harms Scotland.  

I have no confidence whatsoever in this Snp/green government to negotiate anything, let alone the terms of an Independence referendum.  They were useless in negotiations for Scotwind where we got £28 per GW compared to the £470 per GW that New York got for a smaller area.  Poverty in Scotland has increased since 2014, not improved.  2015 polling showed a landslide election victory for the Snp and Nicola Sturgeon said a vote for Snp not a vote for Independence, where 56/59 mps were elected and a huge rise in membership, and a majority in both parliaments. 

Add to that pausing campaigning in 2020 due to covid.  Everyone was at home, what better time to prepare a campaign.  The Scottish energy company that members overwhelmingly voted for that is now off the table, that would be real handy right now.  The Snp dont listen to their members. 

Not to mention the ferries debacle.  Or the ongoing political covid response. And the constant blaming Westminster for everything that is wrong, where if they had the balls they could have done something about it earlier.  

And voting Alba won't change it.  I will though because the Snp have become too centralised and I have no other options.  

We have been left at the quayside, watching the Indy ship sail off into the sunset.  

Edited by Kenneth840