When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FTFY. We are now the "scroungers" of the UK who actually pay in more than we get out, and have been democratically sidelined

Sorry but that isn’t the view of most other Unionists across the UK that I have either encountered or have experience of Bob.

Couple of points.  I've never called anyone a traitor or coward. I have called some Craven, as some like red hand Rob (long may they reign over us) are utterly craven.

Scotland is a colony.  It is governed as one, thought of by our Imperial masters as one and was designed as one.

The Scottish parliament voted for a referendum.  A rock solid democratic mandate.  We were told no by a government in another country we categorically rejected.  

The SNP wrote to British government proposing to hold one between October this year and march next year.  Nothing has remotely changed with regards to that. The only stumbling block is a government we didn't elect in another country refusing to budge.

Read the claim of right,do some joined up thinking and you will realise there is no question Scotland is a colony that does not have democracy.

You'll note cretins like jmothefanny slink away when they tell blatant lies like we have the ability to determine our own future when the above is pointed out to them, and the genuinely craven like red hand Rob state they are happy with this situation.

The truth is I'm not controversial I just don't couch my words in moderate terms like most on here as I don't give a fk what anyone here thinks about my posting style and amnot trying to impress anyone.  The truth is the reality of Scotland's position is outrageous, not my posting style.

One more point.   Those stating Scotland was a happy bedfellow in colonising the world through the empire are once again, surprisingly enough, talking utter shite.

'Scotland' has never done anything of the sort.  Individual Scots have.  We have no idea how 'Scotland' would have acted as 'Scotland' has never been able to act on the international scene at all since 1707. 

There is no doubt, for example, an independent Scotland would pursue a very different foreign policy to the UK.  A good example of this came in 2014 when the Scottish government released a statement expressing solidarity with the Palestinians on the same day the UK government was increasing arms sales to Israel.  Scotland has never colonised anyone.

Red hand Rob also refers to us above as an 'integral partner' in the UK.  Given the contempt shown for our democratic wishes the last few years and most especially just this week, anyone who can type pish like that let alone actually think it is utterly, utterly craven. 

The democratic wishes of Scotland as a nation were answered in September 2014. Until there is a second Independence vote, do you expect a Ref on every aspect of government as a devolved administration? It isn’t craven to accept the political/parliamentary system you voted in support of. How does that work!??

If IndyRef 2 happens and the result changes that, then so be it.

You can rant and rave all you want in the meantime and I’m sure you will.

As for being an integral partner of the UK, if you cannot see the importance and value of our contribution, again that’s your issue to deal with. I cannot interpret that for you.

I’m done Pep, just going round in circles, I don’t think there’s much else to add.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

The democratic wishes of Scotland as a nation were answered in September 2014. Until there is a second Independence vote, do you expect a Ref on every aspect of government as a devolved administration? It isn’t craven to accept the political/parliamentary system you voted in support of. How does that work!??

If IndyRef 2 happens and the result changes that, then so be it.

You can rant and rave all you want in the meantime and I’m sure you will.

As for being an integral partner of the UK, if you cannot see the importance and value of our contribution, again that’s your issue to deal with. I cannot interpret that for you.

I’m done Pep, just going round in circles, I don’t think there’s much else to add.

Uh huh.  And ignored in 2016, 17 and 18

Democracy is for life Wes not just for Xmas, or when you win.  You can accept the whole system or none of it.  We have a cast iron rock solid unassailable mandate for a referendum.  But Theresa said no, even though we said no to her.  If you weren't so craven you'd be raging.

Of course I see the value of our contribution, two trillion worth of oil and zero input to policy.  Only the truly craven would describe that as Integral.

We haven't actually asked for a referendum yet for May to say no to, and don't imagine we will for a wee while yet. If Holyrood DO put through a second indyref and she says no, then you can complain about it. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if she did.

24 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
52 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
There is, it's called the home secretary.  Cause in the UK England is home.  The colonies like Scotland have their colonial governor general just like in the Raj.  Same as the home counties.

I was being ironic... Home office and Home Secretary. Scottish office and Scottish secretary. Mmmmmmm.

It's OK though cause craven Rob says we're an integral partner in this glorious union and various posters on this thread say it's ridiculous to call us a colony.

Btw just today a Tory MP was found to have made racist remarks about Scottish people.  From the party that governs the UK.  Do you think he will be kicked out of the party?  I wouldn't hold your breath.  Integral and valued partner though.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Genuinely worried for the auld fella. Hope he's keeping well.

Me too. Hopefully he just got fed up of not being taken seriously. Or has been quietly disappeared after crawling through the Balmoral undergrowth with a  Sgian Dubh between his teeth.

Edited by welshbairn

In 2016 Scotland exported £6 billion worth of goods and services south of the border.  Didn't get paid for it like.  And we're the subsidised ones apparently.

The people taking thirty quid a week off disabled people who regularly make racist and derogatory remarks about us are desperate to keep us cause they love us.  Honest it's altruism, nothing to do with two trillion pounds of oil no siree.

Uh huh.  And ignored in 2016, 17 and 18

Democracy is for life Wes not just for Xmas, or when you win.  You can accept the whole system or none of it.  We have a cast iron rock solid unassailable mandate for a referendum.  But Theresa said no, even though we said no to her.  If you weren't so craven you'd be raging.

Of course I see the value of our contribution, two trillion worth of oil and zero input to policy.  Only the truly craven would describe that as Integral.

Go on then I’ll ask. When, since 2014 have the Scottish electorate demanded a 2nd Ref that has been rejected by Westminster, or did I miss it during a wee break from P&B?

Just to add, North Sea Oil isn’t ‘ours’ any more than natural resources developed in other parts of the UK, ‘belong’ to Wales, England or Northern Ireland.

Perhaps you might question how International law dictates the state ownership of natural resources. At present it recognises the United Kingdom as a sovereign nation.