When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

There shouldn't be a second vote.

Leave won by a smaller percent and that vote is being honoured. As unpopular as this will make me so should the independence referendum result.

My opinion of course is completely invalid as I was born in Northern Ireland and moved to Scotland days after the referendum was held.

It has been honoured champ.  Scotland didn't become independent.  If you can show where on the ballot paper or Edinburgh agreement it said forever or put any time limit on anything then you can say it hasn't been honoured.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
Actually champ not voting was giving no your vote.  Good job Einstein x

Shut up p***k

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
Actually champ not voting was giving no your vote.  Good job Einstein x

Shut up p***k

Good job voting no champ.  Thañks for Brexit.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think so. Why should a referendum's result bind the country for a generation, and a GE result only for a few years? People change their minds, circumstances change. 

Because changing a government every 4 years is possible. 

Doing the hokey cokey with the EU every 4 years just isn't going to work - as you well know, sir.

I use the Brexit analogy here because the northern regional 'Indy' referendum results would always be NO, just as it was in 2014.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Because changing a government every 4 years is possible. 

Doing the hokey cokey with the EU every 4 years just isn't going to work - as you well know, sir.

I use the Brexit analogy here because the northern regional 'Indy' referendum results would always be NO, just as it was in 2014.

This is why I'm not against another referendum.

Other pro Union folk should be open to this. 

Will almost certainly increase the vote share as well. 

2 pro union referendum results in a row would anger SNP Voters so much they would vote for some stupid pish like SSP or RISE which would pave the way for a Conservative Scottish Government. 

15 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

This is why I'm not against another referendum.

Other pro Union folk should be open to this. 

Will almost certainly increase the vote share as well. 

2 pro union referendum results in a row would anger SNP Voters so much they would vote for some stupid pish like SSP or RISE which would pave the way for a Conservative Scottish Government. 

I’m pessimistic that Yes would win a second referendum and am a bit surprised that more unionists aren’t in favour of a referendum just beacuse it would likely put the issue to bed for a long time but your scenario is pure fantasy.

The tories would never get enough to get an overall majority, SNP wouldn’t prop them up, neither would labour if they had any form of sense which after what happened post referendum they just about would and neither would the miraculously raised from the dead SSP/RISE. The only chance of it happening would be the Lib Dems joining up but given how small their vote is it would be incredibly unlikely. Most likely scenario if the SNP vote did collapse would be some sort of Labour/Lib Dem/Greens coalition.

In which case the Tories would be fucked as without screaming about Independence/Referendums and telling the SNP to stop talking about Independence/Referendums their own support would plummet as they have nothing to offer anyone else but the staunchest of staunch.

Edited by Rodhull

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

I’m pessimistic that Yes would win a second referendum and am a bit surprised that more unionists aren’t in favour of a referendum just beacuse it would likely put the issue to bed for a long time but your scenario is pure fantasy.

The tories would never get enough to get an overall majority, SNP wouldn’t prop them up, neither would labour if they had any form of sense which after what happened post referendum they just about would and neither would the miraculously raised from the dead SSP/RISE. The only chance of it happening would be the Lib Dems joining up but given how small their vote is it would be incredibly unlikely. Most likely scenario if the SNP vote did collapse would be some sort of Labour/Lib Dem/Greens coalition.

An overall Majority is 'impossible' (I know the SNP achieved it in 2011 but that was an anomaly and I don't think we will see another majority for a long time) but what isn't fantasy would be to have a Scottish election return the Conservatives as the largest political party in Holyrood.

They could operate (albeit under very difficult circumstances) as a minority government like the SNP do right now. 

Still a long shot, yes.

However back to back No votes could very well see this scenario much closer to a reality in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

An overall Majority is 'impossible' (I know the SNP achieved it in 2011 but that was an anomaly and I don't think we will see another majority for a long time) but what isn't fantasy would be to have a Scottish election return the Conservatives as the largest political party in Holyrood.

They could operate (albeit under very difficult circumstances) as a minority government like the SNP do right now. 

Still a long shot, yes.

However back to back No votes could very well see this scenario much closer to a reality in my opinion. 

So what are the good things the conservatives have been doing whilst in government since 2010 that you'd like to see done here?

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

So what are the good things the conservatives have been doing whilst in government since 2010 that you'd like to see done here?

1. Tax me less.
  2. Leave the price of Alcohol.
  3. Improve our education system.

A lot more but very late to be typing up endless lists. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I really can’t take anyone from Lanarkshire serious who Votes conservative considering Thatcher decimated the fucking place.

She decimated Motherwell. 

Got a lot of time for someone like that.

Hamilton if anything thrived after Thatcher. 

People from Glasgow used to come to Hamilton it was THAT good.

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

She decimated Motherwell. 

Got a lot of time for someone like that.

Hamilton if anything thrived after Thatcher. 

People from Glasgow used to come to Hamilton it was THAT good.

Gangsters, the previous Labour MP, the current SNP MP and the current SNP MSP are the ones who ruined/are ruining Hamilton. 

I see.  Astonished you have fk all except basically you're a bigot.

I am absolutely not that.

You are embarrassing yourself and the independence posters with that kind of drivel.

However if you have sufficient reasoning or evidence to support that I am in fact a bigot go ahead.