When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They still exist. What policy would you like? They will have one to suit you. Not a chance they'll recover their vote.

Think Big Mikey, cemented that at the last GE despite showing some signs of trying to reach out to opponents out with the DUP & SF. Remember him reporting from the game at Windsor back in the 80’s, maybe should have stuck to that!?

Nesbit should be admired and he will be remembered well as their leader. He tried to move NI on, sadly it wasn't to be and too early to move minds from their tribe , but him and the SDLP are talking about issues rather than colours. 

Edited by Kejan

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

No, the easier it is to say "it's going to be worse after independence", too easy for the unionists to convince the thick and cowardly among us, and we do have more than our share of both.

Speaking of thick and cowardly, where's kevthedee been recently?

51 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I voted Con in the last GE and LD previously to that in 2015. Both candidates supported remaining in the Union and the EU. If you seriously believe that’s a separatist, divisive choice and one that offers unconditional support to leaving Europe, then I cannot change that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5414869

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

You’re contributions offer nothing mate, repetitious, trite and mostly unreadable, inedible guff, I doubt you’ll merit any future response.

I don't know if you're simply trolling, or if you do actually believe the utter mince you come out with on here. If it's the latter, then please get yourself some help. The sheer level of mental gymnastics you perform in an attempt to justify your position to yourself is alarming and akin to that of a serial killer.

I voted Con in the last GE and LD previously to that in 2015. Both candidates supported remaining in the Union and the EU. If you seriously believe that’s a separatist, divisive choice and one that offers unconditional support to leaving Europe, then I cannot change that.
Who are you voting for next time?

2 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Which party looks like it would be the most catastrophic failure in the next term of Government? It'll be that one.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

No, the easier it is to say "it's going to be worse after independence", too easy for the unionists to convince the thick and cowardly among us, and we do have more than our share of both.

They are going to say that no matter when indyref2 is called. That's just standard rhetoric from the Brit Nats.

If the Yes movement get some sort of guarantee from the EU that we will get easy access to join as an independent State it would be an absolute game changer. 

The iron is hot and it's about to get a lot hotter  over the next few weeks - we MUST be ready to strike and call indyref2

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It is. It was right there in their manifesto: a pledge to separate from the EU according May’s hard red lines which further exacerbated divisions between remainer and leavers which continue to this day. You enabled it. Own it, separatist.

40 minutes ago, jakedee said:
3 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

Whichever candidate is against a decisive 2nd Indy ref i would think.

He’s Ruth Davidson’s prime voting fodder.  The Tories in Scotland have come to realise they can depend on an unthinking sectarian block of dolts who will give them a vote, regardless of policy, as long as they appeal to their identity.

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

He’s Ruth Davidson’s prime voting fodder.  The Tories in Scotland have come to realise they can depend on an unthinking sectarian block of dolts who will give them a vote, regardless of policy, as long as they appeal to their identity.

You could argue the same about many SNP voters.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could. But it's pretty pointless when their view point can still be backed up with a degree of logic. There is absolutely no logic at this stage for thinking that Scotland is somehow better off in an independent UK system without single market access.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I am sure there are SNP voters who vote purely along identity lines. The question then arises of what kind of identity you want to be associated with - the kind the SNP target or the kind the Ruth Davidson branch office targets. When I see Colonel Cosplay straddling tanks, aping the military, and pandering to Ulster unionists and the Orange Lodge, I know which I’d prefer. 

Whichever candidate standing at the time who presents a stance that is the closest to my own general view on both local and national issues. Isn’t that how most people select their choice, or do you (not you personally) just look at the colour of their rosette and blindly follow them without question, surely no one still uses that approach at the ballot box?

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Whichever candidate standing at the time who presents a stance that is the closest to my own general view on both local and national issues. Isn’t that how most people select their choice, or do you (not you personally) just look at the colour of their rosette and blindly follow them without question, surely no one still uses that approach at the ballot box?

You wouldn't think so, but then again, there is you.

It is. It was right there in their manifesto: a pledge to separate from the EU according May’s hard red lines which further exacerbated divisions between remainer and leavers which continue to this day. You enabled it. Own it, separatist.

She picked up a hand that had already been dealt by a recognisable majority in the EU Ref after Cameron had bolted. I’m not sure how she could have stood for the leadership of the party and as a ‘stand in’ PM on the premise that she would simply overturn the vote. In hindsight, she was perhaps ill advised to go for a snap re-election in 2017 to only reduce her majority, but it’s pretty clear why she did it; to strengthen her position with the Tory hardline backbenchers on Europe and those with a similar view on the opposite side in the Labour Party.
If she HAD won an increased majority she just might have been able to negotiate a much softer Brexit as a ‘remainer’, which she most certainly was from the outset. I get it that you despise the Tories, but most rational observers at least recognise some of the reasoning behind her current, almost impossible situation.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

She picked up a hand that had already been dealt by a recognisable majority in the EU Ref after Cameron had bolted. I’m not sure how she could have stood for the leadership of the party and as a ‘stand in’ PM on the premise that she would simply overturn the vote. In hindsight, she was perhaps ill advised to go for a snap re-election in 2017 to only reduce her majority, but it’s pretty clear why she did it; to strengthen her position with the Tory hardline backbenchers on Europe and those with a similar view on the opposite side in the Labour Party.
If she HAD won an increased majority she just might have been able to negotiate a much softer Brexit as a ‘remainer’, which she most certainly was from the outset. I get it that you despise the Tories, but most rational observers at least recognise some of the reasoning behind her current, almost impossible situation.

So what you're saying is. All the decisions she made weren't for the interests of the UK, but for her own self interests and grab to power? Something you've backed by voting for her party?

Cool.