When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You make no point whatsoever.   It's a simple fact that 85% of English people who live here voted no last time and 45 thousand English people move here every years.   Those two things are just facts.

WHICH means statistically the not vote increases by about 500 per week.   Just a fact,  making them statistically the biggest threat to a successful yes campaign.   If you find facts unpalatable I pity you, but in your case I did already. 

The biggest increase in no voters was when Sturgeon decided against true independence and instead has chosen to be aligned with the Eu. Another threat will be youngsters who have grown up a bit and can see the economic arguments are high school level. 

I've had my disagreements with him but what's been said here in absolutely no way lives up to the words you're putting in his mouth and the hysterical faux-outrage from yourself and Rob.

It was pointed out that new younger voters and perhaps a switch in the voting intentions of EU nationals could benefit the Yes vote. He is correctly pointing out that English people moving here, who studies have shown to be in the extreme majority No voters, is an offsetting factor in terms of Yes's chances in the future. Those are indeed facts. His assertion that they all vote that way because of nationalistic reasons is an opinion but given Rob immediately backed it up by saying his Englsih wife voted No for nationalistic reasons, it's hardly the biggest slander of the century. Certainly, nobody's apart from yourself is going on about the "enemy within" or any such hysterical pish.

Incidentally, I'm in favour of the residency rule for these things. Including rUKers who will vote 80-90% against is a disadvantage to the Yes side but that's something that has to be factored in and accepted for the sake of giving the people who live here a free choice on our future. Shame the UK Government weren't so open-minded with their Refendum,

Mm...45000 English coming north are a "threat" to YES.They are "ethnic nationalists"."they voted NO because they are English". Walks like a duck quacks like a duck....Its the tone of it that speaks volumes for me.Pep sees the English as a problem i reckon ,only resolved by changing their voting habits.

Don't think I'll take that shite seriously from someone who admits numerous times they are trolling.

I thought i only admitted that once to be honest.If i was trolling i would have said something like "Pep literally cums swastikas" that type of thing.

15 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Mm...45000 English coming north are a "threat" to YES.

Erm, yes. And?

New voters and EU nationals are a threat to No next time. "Enemies within"? No. Demographic factors, weighed up by evidence.

They are "ethnic nationalists".

Think what Peppino was going for there was a parroting of Unionists' hyserical language to make his point. Not what I've gone for but certainly not something that the likes of yourself can greet about.

"they voted NO because they are English".

They voted 85% the same way. A more consistent vote than any other group iirc. It certainly looks like voting on nationalistic lines was a big factor here. Rob's wife voted out of affinity to family down there for example. I've got family in England and Northern Ireland too. Wasn't really an issue because family isn't about passports to me.

I think deep down you recognise the difference between the civic nationalism of the Yes movement compared to England's xenophobic nativism and are looking for any excuse to point fingers and claim offence. Either that or you just saw the word England and excitedly thrased out the stock cliche's. Either way, dry your eyes.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I thought i only admitted that once to be honest.If i was trolling i would have said something like "Pep literally cums swastikas" that type of thing.

Only once :lol:

This is third time you've tried it when you've been asked. It's a "go to" for when you talk utter shite and need a fall back. I don't think you troll. I think you're just thick as f**k.

They voted 85% the same way. A more consistent vote than any other group iirc. It certainly looks like voting on nationalistic lines was a big factor here. Rob's wife voted out of affinity to family down there for example. I've got family in England and Northern Ireland too. Wasn't really an issue because family isn't about passports to me.

I think deep down you recognise the difference between the civic nationalism of the Yes movement compared to England's xenophobic nativism and are looking for any excuse to point fingers and claim offence. Either that or you just saw the word England and excitedly thrased out the stock cliche's. Either way, dry your eyes.

I recognise YES is built around civic nationalism but i don't think that covers everybody onboard which i suppose is to be expected to be fair.

I recognise YES is built around civic nationalism but i don't think that covers everybody onboard which i suppose is to be expected to be fair.

Well if you think it is to be expected that a small amount of yes voters and of course no voters are indeed ethnic nationalists then shut up about it. It's boring.

If I was to put money on it I would say there were far more nasty nationalists draped in union jacks during the referendum than anything else. Who cares ? There's arseholes anywhere. Stop your whining

Well if you think it is to be expected that a small amount of yes voters and of course no voters are indeed ethnic nationalists then shut up about it. It's boring.

If I was to put money on it I would say there were far more nasty nationalists draped in union jacks during the referendum than anything else. Who cares ? There's arseholes anywhere. Stop your whining

Aye Ok fair enough.Peps still an arse though.[emoji6]

Wes himself regularly describes Scottish nationalists as East he enemy within and enemies of the union.  It's not me using that language,  I pointed out two simple provable facts which affect the demographics in play, and suggested a residency rule of ten or fifteen years could be applied exactly as it often is in similar referenda. 

You make no point whatsoever.   It's a simple fact that 85% of English people who live here voted no last time and 45 thousand English people move here every years.   Those two things are just facts.

WHICH means statistically the not vote increases by about 500 per week.   Just a fact,  making them statistically the biggest threat to a successful yes campaign.   If you find facts unpalatable I pity you, but in your case I did already. 

My daughter voted Yes, and I'm pretty sure my eldest boy went likewise, they take no influence from me.