When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fucking ridiculous isn't it, where do people think they got the figures from?  And as it turns out, there is, surprisingly enough, much much more oil left than we were told in 2014.  Which means long term the value of the asset is much higher than predicted, even if revenue year to year drops due to a temporary drop in prices.

All those YES supporting 'cranks' who talked about a massive secret oil field in Clair Ridge have been proven correct, for example.  There have been several other finds in addition to that one, and a couple of massive gas fields too.  And that's without even exploring the west coast yet due to Trident.  We're sitting on a fucking goldmine.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

HM Treasury – taking the Scottish Government’s White Paper forecast but applying the OBR’s independent forecast for North Sea oil and gas receipts in Economic and fiscal outlook, December 2013; OBR [N.B. this will be updated again at next week’s Budget 2014, published on 19 March]

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Read the White Paper, it quotes them directly.  That's where they got the figures from, they lifted them straight out of the OBR projections they didn't just make it up.

I wasn't a huge fan of Alex Salmond's SNP but I am now with Nicola in charge.

The truth of the matter is that Salmond was caught with his pants down over some of his crazy predictions at that time.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

23 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Again the SNP are not oil economists and don't make oil predictions.   

Alex Salmond was an oil economist prior to making a career in lying. The SNP also hired a team of experts from the oil industry prior to the publication of the White Paper. They all told the leadership of the SNP they believed the figures quoted were wildly inflated. The SNP decided to ignore their advice and published the "fully costed" white paper. Had Scotland voted Yes theyd have had to find £13Bn per annum to in austerity cuts or they would have had to find a way to raise the total tax take elsewhere. 

Its true to say things are a bit different now but Ireland are telling anyone who will listen that they'll be fucked if there is a no deal Brexit. Only the SNP and their anti English mob of supporters would see all that and think we'll have be fine with a hard border. 

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Alex Salmond's SNP but I am now with Nicola in charge.

The truth of the matter is that Salmond was caught with his pants down over some of his crazy predictions at that time.

He didn't write the White Paper himself, they were hardly his predictions.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

He didn't write the White Paper himself, they were hardly his predictions.

Try this one...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/mar/11/alex-salmond-scotland-oil-boom

Quote The new Scottish government paper, produced by its civil servants, has been published after Salmond weathered a difficult row last week after a pessimistic economic assessment by the Scottish finance secretary John Swinney was leaked.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Try this one...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/mar/11/alex-salmond-scotland-oil-boom

Quote The new Scottish government paper, produced by its civil servants, has been published after Salmond weathered a difficult row last week after a pessimistic economic assessment by the Scottish finance secretary John Swinney was leaked.

They're still not his actual predictions are they?  He didn't come up with them himself

Just now, This time Perthshirebell said:

Instead of making up complete bullshit like the above, can you explain why (financially/fiscally) Scotland any our greater GDP per capita - and the richest country in the UK, would be best served losing Barnett and being dragged out the Single market?   

Scottish independence is the sensible option if you strip away your pro-English agenda.   

If its so sensible feel free to convince me. Show me how my family will be better off than we currently are when you put a hard border and a no deal Brexit between all of us and the Head Offices of the companies we work for

Just now, This time Perthshirebell said:

Stating "the truth of the matter" after getting things wrong is rather wired behaviour.  

The SG doesn't make oil projections.  The UK Gov doesn't make oil projections.   

Why are you making this up out of thin air?   

Wherever the predictions came from the SNP did not fully cost its Independence White Paper. Thats indisputable now we've seen the actual revenues in the years since. Independence would have been catastrophic 

3 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Stating "the truth of the matter" after getting things wrong is rather wired behaviour.  

The SG doesn't make oil projections.  The UK Gov doesn't make oil projections.   

Why are you making this up out of thin air?   

Why don't you shut the f**k up.

Malky's making a better case for the Union than you are for independence.

13 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Instead of making up complete bullshit like the above, can you explain why (financially/fiscally) Scotland any our greater GDP per capita - and the richest country in the UK, 

So Scotland is the richest country in the UK?  You are off your fucking tits.  But keep it up.  I like utter twats like you making a case for independence.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

So Scotland is the richest country in the UK?  You are off your fucking tits.  But keep it up.  I like utter twats like you making a case for independence.

I'll bet you do.

c***s like him could almost make me question my commitment to the SNP and my hopes for a future independent Scotland.

1 minute ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Said the poster to dim to understand the Minister of finance doesn't construct oil projections.    

It's quite straightforward stuff to most folk.   

I think you mean TOO dim, you thick c**t.