When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pretty sure you quoted the daily mail the other day.

The bulk of his shite comes from the Daily Mail.

I'm quite happy to see him post on here all the same. He probably has the same effect on the Scottish Electorate as David Cameron had, when he used to make these trips to Scotland just prior to Indy1.

Alex Salmond used to describe him as the best recruiting tool the SNP ever had!

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The bulk of his shite comes from the Daily Mail.

I'm quite happy to see him post on here all the same. He probably has the same effect on the Scottish Electorate as David Cameron had, when he used to make these trips to Scotland just prior to Indy1.

Alex Salmond used to describe him as the best recruiting tool the SNP ever had!

And the honour for that now rests with BoJo 😁

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

f**k me - another Nationalist quoting Wikipedia. 🤣

Wiki can be very reliable if you double check with the quoted sources.

image.png.93abaf25feee281e1afa3f6e0e809b81.png

https://www.longfinance.net/media/documents/GFCI_25_Report.pdf

Don't really understand why you're so keen to portray your country as an unsuccessful shithole.

28 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

f**k me - another Nationalist quoting Wikipedia. 🤣

Wikipedia isn't a primary source grandad.... see that wee reference section at the bottom of the page?

Even if it was, I'll take Wikipedia over some gammon's notes from "The University of Life".

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

I see SNPs biggest financial backer Jim McColl has said the SNP is incompitent and abusing their power. No doubt Nationalists will tell us Clyde Built Ships are shite too..... 

The SNP are now talking of taking over the Ferguson shipyard.

Bear in mind that the SNP gave Fergusons a loan of £45 Million to save the yard, since then the initial costs of building the vessels has increased by $44 Million and is now way behind schedule, Ferguson's via Jim McColl  have repeatedly asked then Sottish Government to intervene, which probably means financially, and they have refused.

The incompetence imo does not lie with the government but with the failure of the yard to deliver two vessels within budget and on schedule.

Sadly we lost Clyde shipbuilding way back when the South Korean and Japanese yards undercut us on budgets and schedules, BTW I worked in shipyards in SK and they are now having to import Chinese labour as the locals do not want to work in yards preferring the nice clean Samsungs and LG.

As far as I know it has never been disclosed how much the right wing Monaco based tax exile McColl gave to the SNP, whatever he contributed  will be a loss, however as we all know the SNP  has over 125, 000 members, the majority of which, including my wife and myself, give a generous monthly contribution so they are financially sound.

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The SNP are now talking of taking over the Ferguson shipyard.

Bear in mind that the SNP gave Fergusons a loan of £45 Million to save the yard, since then the initial costs of building the vessels has increased by $44 Million and is now way behind schedule, Ferguson's via Jim McColl  have repeatedly asked then Sottish Government to intervene, which probably means financially, and they have refused.

The incompetence imo does not lie with the government but with the failure of the yard to deliver two vessels within budget and on schedule.

Sadly we lost Clyde shipbuilding way back when the South Korean and Japanese yards undercut us on budgets and schedules, BTW I worked in shipyards in SK and they are now having to import Chinese labour as the locals do not want to work in yards preferring the nice clean Samsungs and LG.

As far as I know it has never been disclosed how much the right wing Monaco based tax exile McColl gave to the SNP, whatever he contributed  will be a loss, however as we all know the SNP  has over 125, 000 members, the majority of which, including my wife and myself, give a generous monthly contribution so they are financially sound.

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy - you can't kid a kidder. Gordon Brown saved shipbuilding on the Clyde when he ordered an air craft carrier we couldn't land planes on with UK taxpayers money back when he was still PM. Currently BAe Systems on the Clyde has an order book that lasts them well into 2030 - thanks to the Royal Navy and the UK Government. 

Fergusons Shipbuilding Yard has had one customer for decades now. That customer is the Scottish Government. You say that the incompetence lies with the yard. Jim McColl cites repeated client interference. Who should I believe? A guy on a football forum or the owner of the company?  If, and presumably when, it closes the blood will be all over the hands of a government that is incapable of operating any project successfully. 

Two years ago the SNP hailed Jim McColl as a hero. Previously Alex Salmond appointed him to his team of economic advisors.  For years now Nationalists have quoted the words of Jim McColl as though they were prophecies from a bible and the party gladly took every single penny he donated - yet today you label him as a right wing tax exile! 

Sandy, perhaps you would care to tell me who will have to cover the losses on the contract on these Scottish Government ferries if the SNP do indeed intend to Nationalise the yard? Maybe while you are at it you can tell me when the SNP plan to get the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh opened after yet another SNP bungled project went wrong. 

Edited by Malky3

I see SNPs biggest financial backer Jim McColl has said the SNP is incompitent and abusing their power. No doubt Nationalists will tell us Clyde Built Ships are shite too..... 
A simple Google search returns that exact language (incompetence and abusing power) from a hot interview by Mccoll to the Mail on Sunday, and happily regurgitated by The Record and Telegraph.
How utterly predictable in every way.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

A simple Google search returns that exact language (incompetence and abusing power) from a hot interview by Mccoll to the Mail on Sunday, and happily regurgitated by The Record and Telegraph.
How utterly predictable in every way.

I agree. Anyone who has business dealings with this SNP Government knows how incompetent they are. That is completely predictable. 

BTW it was also happily "regurgitated" in the Herald, The Scotsman and The Sun. 

Edited by Malky3

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Nobody in this thread has had a single business dealing with the SNP

You sure? Anyway you have misquoted me. I said with "this SNP Government". I'm sure there are more than a few of us who have had that misfortune.  

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Wiki can be very reliable if you double check with the quoted sources.

image.png.93abaf25feee281e1afa3f6e0e809b81.png

https://www.longfinance.net/media/documents/GFCI_25_Report.pdf

Don't really understand why you're so keen to portray your country as an unsuccessful shithole.

Oh! I'm kind of sorry I missed this. 

Yep that was one of the reports I referenced earlier. You'll have noticed, no doubt, that London, Zurich, Frankfurt, Paris, Geneva, Luxemburg, and Monaco all appear higher up in the GFCI 25 listing, and that Dublin, Munich, and Amsterdam  can all be added to those 7 if using the GFCI 24 rating. All of which, ofcourse, confirms that Edinburgh is not the 4th largest Finance Centre in Europe and that only a complete zoomer referencing a Wikipedia post with a citation to an out of date dodgy Word Press blog would think otherwise. 

Scotland isn't an unsuccessful shithole and I don't think I portray it in that manner. Scotland has actually been really fortunate to have enjoyed all of the advantages of being part of the British Empire, the Commonwealth and of the United Kingdom. All three have made Scotland what we are today and will continue to be so long as we aren't daft enough to turn off the money tap from the South East of England. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Scotland isn't an unsuccessful shithole and I don't think I portray it in that manner. 

You kinda do though. Not just you. It's a unionist thing.

You guys portray Scotland as sucking on the UK teat for sustenance but if Scotland excels in anything, it's because we're part of the union and couldn't manage without it.

So shallow.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy - you can't kid a kidder. Gordon Brown saved shipbuilding on the Clyde when he ordered an air craft carrier we couldn't land planes on with UK taxpayers money back when he was still PM. Currently BAe Systems on the Clyde has an order book that lasts them well into 2030 - thanks to the Royal Navy and the UK Government. 

Fergusons Shipbuilding Yard has had one customer for decades now. That customer is the Scottish Government. You say that the incompetence lies with the yard. Jim McColl cites repeated client interference. Who should I believe? A guy on a football forum or the owner of the company?  If, and presumably when, it closes the blood will be all over the hands of a government that is incapable of operating any project successfully. 

Two years ago the SNP hailed Jim McColl as a hero. Previously Alex Salmond appointed him to his team of economic advisors.  For years now Nationalists have quoted the words of Jim McColl as though they were prophecies from a bible and the party gladly took every single penny he donated - yet today you label him as a right wing tax exile! 

Sandy, perhaps you would care to tell me who will have to cover the losses on the contract on these Scottish Government ferries if the SNP do indeed intend to Nationalise the yard? Maybe while you are at it you can tell me when the SNP plan to get the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh opened after yet another SNP bungled project went wrong. 

You have lost me completely when you quote Westminster government military orders what the feck is that got to do with Fergusons and the Scottish Government.

As I mentioned before, which you chose to ignore, I have worked in various positions in yard throughout the world, Hapag Lloyd in Bremerhaven, Blohm and Voss in Hamburg, Verolm's in Rotterdam when old Mr Verolm owned it, plus as I said already numerous others in the Far East, and even Scott's in Greenock back in 1986.

I mention this as I am well aware of over runs in yards when there are no further orders, and that is the crux of the matter with regards to Fergusons and the budget/costs problem.

As for Jim McColl as I said I am disappointed in his turnaround but that is his perogative, pity he doesn't pay any personal income tax into Scotland.

Anyway it is more than obvious that you are anti SNP and they are the Government unlike the minority party you obviously support, and that's the way it will remain for a long long time.

If you don't like it I strongly suggest you get to feck out of my country.

1 hour ago, Anonapersona said:

You kinda do though. Not just you. It's a unionist thing.

You guys portray Scotland as sucking on the UK teat for sustenance but if Scotland excels in anything, it's because we're part of the union and couldn't manage without it.

So shallow.

Unionist tory melt: "SCOTLAND IS A NATION OF SUBSIDY JUNKIES!"

So presumably you're into that, as you want it to remain?

Unionist tory melt: "NO I DIDN'T SAY THAT! SCOTLAND NEEDS TO PAY IT'S OWN WAY AND STAND ON IT'S OWN TWO...OH f**k"

They're an absolute fucking parody.

Edited by JamieThomas

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You have lost me completely when you quote Westminster government military orders what the feck is that got to do with Fergusons and the Scottish Government.

As I mentioned before, which you chose to ignore, I have worked in various positions in yard throughout the world, Hapag Lloyd in Bremerhaven, Blohm and Voss in Hamburg, Verolm's in Rotterdam when old Mr Verolm owned it, plus as I said already numerous others in the Far East, and even Scott's in Greenock back in 1986.

I mention this as I am well aware of over runs in yards when there are no further orders, and that is the crux of the matter with regards to Fergusons and the budget/costs problem.

As for Jim McColl as I said I am disappointed in his turnaround but that is his perogative, pity he doesn't pay any personal income tax into Scotland.

Anyway it is more than obvious that you are anti SNP and they are the Government unlike the minority party you obviously support, and that's the way it will remain for a long long time.

It is MY country too Sandy. That's what people like you don't understand. Being a Unionist doesn't make you any less patriotic. I want what is best for Scotland and for our people. I just happen to think that Independence would be a rip roaring disaster - especially if it was inflicted on us by the SNP and by many of the Nationalists - like you - who want to make all opposition disappear. What a strangely fascist way to behave! 

I too am familiar with ship building industry. The reason for referencing BAe Systems is that it is on the Clyde and it is still very much in business - and it's not reliant on the Scottish Government. 

It is MY country too Sandy. That's what people like you don't understand. Being a Unionist doesn't make you any less patriotic. I want what is best for Scotland and for our people. I just happen to think that Independence would be a rip roaring disaster - especially if it was inflicted on us by the SNP and by many of the Nationalists - like you - who want to make all opposition disappear. What a strangely fascist way to behave! 
I too am familiar with ship building industry. The reason for referencing BAe Systems is that it is on the Clyde and it is still very much in business - and it's not reliant on the Scottish Government. 

No im sorry its not your country. Unionists don’t treat Scotland like a country, you can never claim Scotland to be your country, it’s just a region to people like you.

lol what a weird thing to say