When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Would be interested to see when the independence referendum would be held in relation to a second referendum on the EU. Wonder what's strategically better for Yes.

Depends what you think would happen with the EU vote. If it's a re-run of 2016 and Scotland was dragged out against it's will that likely guarantees a yes vote. But if you think that we'd vote to remain, that probably means you'd want the independence vote first.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Depends what you think would happen with the EU vote. If it's a re-run of 2016 and Scotland was dragged out against it's will that likely guarantees a yes vote. But if you think that we'd vote to remain, that probably means you'd want the independence vote first.

A referendum which rules out No Deal potentially dilutes the stakes of an independence referendum.

Just now, Donathan said:

Care to elaborate?

A referendum on the EU that doesn't have an option that brings about a lack of medicines, stockpiling food, and turning Dover into a car park makes the threat of leaving less troubling and potentially weakens the vote that may turn out for independence to prevent a disastrous total break from the EU. 

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Hate to break it to you lads, but I doubt there will be a referendum on either anytime soon.

Are you suggesting we won't be meeting up for the inaugural Hibsbollah meeting in defiance of the Tory government and bringing about UDI?

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A "gentle friendly chat" where I was directly responding to one person who had referred to me as an odious c**t?  :lol:

Not sure why YOU are taking up the battle on his account though. You've clearly been triggered by something.

Like all bullies, you guys don't like taking it back do you? "Banter" and insults are only allowed to flow one way eh?

Told you. I might have left that council estate decades ago but I still know your type inside out. I can still smell your poisonous outlook on life.

By the way, I'm not an "ultra unionist" at all but you feel free to wire in with whatever insults help you temporarily feel better. :lol:

The absolute state of this c**t 😂

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think there's a chance of a Scottish referendum until after the Holyrood election. If there's a second EU referendum it'll be in 2020, unless we leave and try to get back in in later years.

50+  MPs at Westminster would give them a very strong shout, Shirley. 

Eta....  Given that Nicola's fighting the GE on an Indyref2 ticket.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Are you suggesting we won't be meeting up for the inaugural Hibsbollah meeting in defiance of the Tory government and bringing about UDI?

The Supreme Soviet of the People's Republic of Leith have agreed to grant us refuge comrade.

It is from there that we will strike the final blow against the imperialist infidels and liberate our brothers and sisters.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think there's a chance of a Scottish referendum until after the Holyrood election. If there's a second EU referendum it'll be in 2020, unless we leave and try to get back in in later years.

I might have misheard but isn't Sturgeon's condition a referendum in 2020? Or is that a negotiating tactic that lets Labour compromise on "win a pro-indy majority in Holyrood and you can have it"?

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I might have misheard but isn't Sturgeon's condition a referendum in 2020? Or is that a negotiating tactic that lets Labour compromise on "win a pro-indy majority in Holyrood and you can have it"?

That's my thinking.  Even Alistair Jack hinted today that an Independence  majority in Holyrood in 2021 would justify signing section 30.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The Supreme Soviet of the People's Republic of Leith have agreed to grant us refuge comrade.

It is from there that we will strike the final blow against the imperialist infidels and liberate our brothers and sisters.

Just like in Braveheart when the Irish joined the good fight, count the Fifers in for the Peoples Republic of Leith army contre les tories

I think the Tories will win an overall majority, not by as much as is being suggested now, but I think they'll get at least 330. This means we're fucked.

Jack's comments can be taken with a healthy dose of salt. The Tory Uncle Tam's will have no say in it.

Don't believe the polls! The goodies have to win again eventually, and this Tory lot are the worst bunch of useless craven nonentities there's ever been. Hung parliament with SNP holding the power to anoint our new ruler. Got to be.

Don't believe the polls! The goodies have to win again eventually, and this Tory lot are the worst bunch of useless craven nonentities there's ever been. Hung parliament with SNP holding the power to anoint our new ruler. Got to be.
I want to believe but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Just like in Braveheart when the Irish joined the good fight, count the Fifers in for the Peoples Republic of Leith army contre les tories

You'll want to be watching out for them Fifers. They're not right in the head......

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I want to believe but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

I don't think the Anderson Shelter will work this time.