When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, AB de Villiers said:

Spain have flipflopped between vetoing and not vetoing Scotland’s entry. Scotland also isn’t getting independence duirng Boris’ reign, so you’re looking at close to 2030 before indyref2. We have absolutely no idea how the EU will look at that time, and the UK may have inspired several other countries to break away.

Right, so Spain might  not let us in. That's the only tangible reason you've given there, "It'll be 2030" and "we don't know what the EU will look like then" aren't reasons we wouldn't be welcomed into the EU. You admit yourself Spain can't seem to make their minds up, so it's a bit baffling that you've reached this "likely to remain outside the EU" conclusion.

2 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Thus far, it is. I never said it would happen, but you cannot predict what the EU will be like around 2030, which is around the earliest Scotland is likely to achieve independence, if at all. Basing your entire campaign on maybe being allowed to join a Union that you have no clue of the make-up of. That doesn’t sound like the safety and security I need in my life, and thus I shall not be backing it.

For a start, I think it’s very unlikely that Scotland will gain independence, they just haven’t shown the support aside from around a few big events. With one of the most powerful players in the EU leaving, it’s likely to go downhill rather than up. 

You simply can’t base your entire campaign around a possibility.

There's safety and security in being part of an isolated rock in the North Atlantic? There's safety and security in letting the crack team of Conservative Party negotiators deal with the US and China on their own?

5 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

With one of the most powerful players in the EU leaving, it’s likely to go downhill rather than up. 

You simply can’t base your entire campaign around a possibility.

Looks like you're basing your argument on the possibility of the EU falling apart.

1 minute ago, AB de Villiers said:

The Conservative Party have, and will continue to deliver what the public vote for.

If you think the UK is an isolated North Atlantic rock then I can’t help you, you clearly are agenda driven.

I didn't take issue with the Conservative Party delivering what (non-Scottish) public voted for, I inquired on what terms are they better negotiating the UK's own deals with the US and China than the EU would be?

I was not banned ‘for nonsense I spouted in the politics section’ and the reason the likes of Malky were banned were pretty unjust.

It’s mind-boggling that a Nat is saying Unionists are the ones not providing a positive reason, when it’s the Nats who haven’t posted a single positive thing about independence. The lack of self-awareness is staggering there. Nats’ number 1 tactic is to say ‘we can make our own decisions’ and ‘We hate the Tories’. If that doesn’t work they go straight to personal insults.

If you go back to my reply to Pandarilla on the previous page, you’ll see that I have outlined several reasons why I would be worried post-independence. I have posted these views several times, and none have been answered.

The real reason that Unionists are labelled as trolls on this site is that the Nats can’t come up with positive arguments to discredit what the Unionists are saying. It’s very narrow-minded to only listen to your own views.

What were you banned for then?

If you don’t think Malkys ban was appropriate then you’re a fucking idiot. The guy spent every hour of every waking day talking about the Barnett formula, he was a waste of space and he won’t be missed.

Anyway - you are talking nonsense again. The positive case for independence has been presented time and time again and your line about being unable to discredit unionists [emoji23] brilliant stuff, they usually do a good job of doing that themselves.

You say you want guarantees - there were no guarantees with Brexit yet many unionists are on board with that.

I wasn’t banned. 

Malky was banned for the German Hitler references, which I totally get, but it has been used the Nat posters Bob Mahelp and pawpar in the past as well, and they are still posting. Malky was also banned at a time where posters ‘git-intae-thum’ and ‘MixuFixit’ were being far more abusive, and both only got off with warnings. 

I wasn’t a hard brexiteer, but that’s another discussion. The positive case for independence hasn’t been shown on here at all. It’s all anti-Tory nonsense and anti-English bile. I have presented my worries about independence to @pandarilla a few pages back, however no Nat has been able to acknowledge them, let alone provide an answer. 

I did. Page or so back. 

Mentioning ‘non-Scottish’ clearly shows you are agenda driven. Scotland voted to stay in the UK, and the UK voted for Brexit.

How many Scots voted for the Conservative Party and how many Scots voted for Brexit? Thus flagging it as 'non-Scottish'. 

2 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

I’m afraid you’ll find that isn’t relevant. We vote as the UK, not Scotland. If we wanted to vote as Scotland, we’d have voted for independence.

I'm afraid you'll find it is, and forms the basis of why nobody's buying agenda-driven Unionists posting in bad faith and arguing themselves into ever decreasing circles any more. 

Edited by carpetmonster

I’m afraid you’ll find it isn’t. The UK voted for Brexit democratically, you don’t like it, but you’ll have to accept it. I’m grateful to live in a democracy, you should be too.

I live in the US mate. Being paid in USD has benefited me enormously. I fucking love it. 

41 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What do you think folk like Malky do after getting banned? Do you think he's on some tiddlywinks forum arguing that red ones ping further than blue ones or something to keep scratching that itch?

He’ll continue with his green ink letters to local newspapers decrying anything Scottish.

I was not banned ‘for nonsense I spouted in the politics section’ and the reason the likes of Malky were banned were pretty unjust.

First point correct - second point miles off.

Malky was banned for comparing me to the Nazis and being a supporter of genocide.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

It’s mind-boggling that a Nat is saying Unionists are the ones not providing a positive reason, when it’s the Nats who haven’t posted a single positive thing about independence. The lack of self-awareness is staggering there. Nats’ number 1 tactic is to say ‘we can make our own decisions’ and ‘We hate the Tories’. If that doesn’t work they go straight to personal insults.

If you go back to my reply to Pandarilla on the previous page, you’ll see that I have outlined several reasons why I would be worried post-independence. I have posted these views several times, and none have been answered.

The real reason that Unionists are labelled as trolls on this site is that the Nats can’t come up with positive arguments to discredit what the Unionists are saying. It’s very narrow-minded to only listen to your own views.
You are Malky. It's hilarious and tragic at the same time. Mibbe you'll manage to keep your SNP nazi patter in that thick skull of yours this time.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

On the currency point, I would personally welcome using the Euro in the longer term, and pegging a Scottish currency to the pound in the interim.

That is the intention so far, the pound in the transition period and then a new currency, whether it will be the euro or a wholly Scottish currency is still debatable, bear in mind we do print our own notes at the moment and legally the english pound is illegal in Scotland.