Players you got wrong

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Tansey, first time around. Hyped him just a bit on here with his ability to score goals from distance and being ex Liverpool a younger version of Steven Gerrard. Had a decent start then looked very light weight as our opponents found out they could easily out muscle him on the ball, seemed to lose confidence and faded then left. Came back to us at the start of last season a more confident and stronger player both physically and mentally and along with Ross Draper formed one of the best central midfield pairings in the Premiership.

Tade - my opinion of him changed more times than I change socks.

Gregory Tade, I thought he was rubbish, how wrong I was, .....no I was right first time, no....he's genius, ''eh.. what?... he really is an enigma'', ''um....he's quick, ''er...Oi!, the goal is that direction Gregory'', ''that Tade is some player, good skill and pace on the lad''. ''Why did he try to take the wing mirror of that lorry on the A9,..was that really a shot on goal?''.

Tade was quick and a handful for any defence, but the lad had no sense of direction,....which explained his move to St. Johnstone. :P Had Tade not left we might never have seen goal machine Billy McKay.

Adam Morgan, had high hopes for him until I realised he searched his own name on Twitter and seemed to make a living off playing one game for Liverpool :lol:

Did he not make some comment on Twitter after a Liverpool game saying they'd have won if he'd been playing, and then got absolutely slaughtered for it?

Did he not make some comment on Twitter after a Liverpool game saying they'd have won if he'd been playing, and then got absolutely slaughtered for it?

I think he said he would've scored a hat trick if he'd been presented with the chances Sturridge had missed.

Morgan even got consoling words from Ian Beale on Twitter after being sent off for our development squad. He's a goalscoring superstar. In his own head.

Ian Beale :lol: I forgot about all that

We should get him back for the entertainment tbh, his warm up in Inverness early on was hilarious. Smash shots from outside box, miss target every time. Smash shots as hard as you can from 6 yards away, hit the back of the net, then stare at the fans as if you've made a point :lol: Absolutely made my day

Pretty much everyone signed by Gerry Collins based on 2 pre season games where we beat Ayr 6-1 and Bradford 4-2. Thought they were all going to be magnificent bar James Grady who would be shite. Grady scored about 15 goals in a dreadful team, and some of the guys I thought would be great:

Jean-Yves Anis, Stephane Bonnes, Jakup Mikkelsen, Stuart Taylor etc etc.

More recently based on his first season with us I thought Aaron Muirhead was going to be a star, he's not a total diddy but struggled badly with the step up.

He did :lol: the best thing was Liverpool fans telling him he was a failed player and to f**k off :lol:

Tade - my opinion of him changed more times than I change socks.

Gregory Tade, I thought he was rubbish, how wrong I was, .....no I was right first time, no....he's genius, ''eh.. what?... he really is an enigma'', ''um....he's quick, ''er...Oi!, the goal is that direction Gregory'', ''that Tade is some player, good skill and pace on the lad''. ''Why did he try to take the wing mirror of that lorry on the A9,..was that really a shot on goal?''.

Tade was quick and a handful for any defence, but the lad had no sense of direction,....which explained his move to St. Johnstone. :P Had Tade not left we might never have seen goal machine Billy McKay.

He was top goalscorer in the Romanian Liga 1 this season with 18 goals for CFR Cluj (he scored 2 the season before, in roughly the same amount of appearances, but half were from there bench). They finished 3rd and he'd be playing European football next season if they never declared insolvency half way through the season and got papped out of Europe for that.

Tade :wub:

I'll always remember him for missing about thirty one-on-ones against Aberdeen before scoring the most difficult one, and for absolutely rag dolling the Celtic defence in the 2-1 win that kick started that season, one of the most dominant performances from a Saints striker I've ever seen against them.

Sergio. The first Brazilian forward to play in the Scottish top flight, brought in at great expense, then scored a colossal 3 goals in a season before Jim got on the phone to the authorities who refused to let him bad into the country.

Recently, Skacel deserves a mention is despatches.

Eh? Sergio was excellent, it was the rest of the team, or rather the manager, which was shite. Sergio arrived in January and scored 4 goals in 16 games, two of which (away to Falkirk and Hearts) were absolute beauties.

Unfortunately he played in the most disorganised, hapless United team of the past 35 years. Not the worst United team, it was chockfull of very good players, but it was an absolute shambles and led by an idiot.

Brian Kerr. He'd the pedigree of being at Newcastle, and (I think) a Scotland cap, so I had high hopes. Despite a rocket of a goal against Celtic in a 4-4 draw, he was largely pish. Got the impression he just couldn't be bothered with little things like teamwork, application, effort - total haddie.

Josh Law is the opposite - signed with little fanfare from the English Conference with much speculation of him only getting picked up due to Stuart McCall being friends with his dad. Suffered badly from some ridiculous team selections (probably every position other than goalie) but once settled into a RB slot under Baraclough he's looked a lot more assured. Will be interesting to see if he can push on a bit this season.

Caballero second time around. Shadow of a player from his first spell.

Simon Ferry seemed to do well for Swindon a couple of season ago. Come to us last summer via Portsmouth and turned out to be injury prone horseshite.

Agree regarding Greg Tansey. He was so timid during his first spell at the club. He's the first name on the team sheet these days. Absolutely strolls through games, particularly against the jobber clubs like Kilmarnock, Ross County, Hamilton Accies etc.

Archived