The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Did anyone catch the Sportscene result show yesterday!?

Sandra Brown started to fluff her lines, couldn't get out of her stutter and then just blatantly said 'cut it off' so there was then no live update from the QotS game. :lol:

Did anyone catch the Sportscene result show yesterday!?

Sandra Brown started to fluff her lines, couldn't get out of her stutter and then just blatantly said 'cut it off' so there was then no live update from the QotS game. :lol:

I heard that. I thought she'd said, 'I've been cut off' but that wouldn't have made sense - why would we have heard her say that? Your version makes more sense.

#deafauldchunts

Only just seen them tonight but last night's tweets from Neil Sargent are doing my fucking head in. I take it he's a news hack because he doesn't have a clue about football. Although, I suppose that wouldn't necessarily rule him out of being a sports journalist here.

On my phone so can't be arsed copy and pasting - but he's basically saying teams like Ross County, Inverness CT and St. Johnstone shouldn't be in the "elite league" due to their attendances.

I can't stand journalists who clamour for Rangers and Hibernian to get "back where they belong" at the expense of teams like Hamilton. Rangers were fucking liquidated because they were reckless with their finances and Hibernian were relegated for on the pitch matters only (they were just pish, with pish players). Hamilton meanwhile bring through academy players and don't spend recklessly, but "for the good of the Scottish game" we need them down and the 'big clubs' back. What a load of nonsense.

Only just seen them tonight but last night's tweets from Neil Sargent are doing my fucking head in. I take it he's a news hack because he doesn't have a clue about football. Although, I suppose that wouldn't necessarily rule him out of being a sports journalist here.

On my phone so can't be arsed copy and pasting - but he's basically saying teams like Ross County, Inverness CT and St. Johnstone shouldn't be in the "elite league" due to their attendances.

I can't stand journalists who clamour for Rangers and Hibernian to get "back where they belong" at the expense of teams like Hamilton. Rangers were fucking liquidated because they were reckless with their finances and Hibernian were relegated for on the pitch matters only (they were just pish, with pish players). Hamilton meanwhile bring through academy players and don't spend recklessly, but "for the good of the Scottish game" we need them down and the 'big clubs' back. What a load of nonsense.

Football journalists up here seemingly think the 12 teams in the top league should consist of the teams with the top 12 attendances.

I've not bought a paper in tears due to the utter shite they spout.

Football journalists up here seemingly think the 12 teams in the top league should consist of the teams with the top 12 attendances.

I know how you feel mate. Xoxo

Maybe we should just have a vote at the start of the season to decide who's going to win the league and who'll get relegated. It would save us playing all those matches.

He also claimed we "need" Falkirk and Raith Rovers in the top flight as both are bigger than RC, ICT and us. And them taking our places in the league would "undoubtedly" see crowds increase. Before comparing County/ICT and Rangers/Hibs to Yeovil/Halifax and Man U/Chelsea :lol: Boys a fucking nutter

He also claimed we "need" Falkirk and Raith Rovers in the top flight as both are bigger than RC, ICT and us. And them taking our places in the league would "undoubtedly" see crowds increase. Before comparing County/ICT and Rangers/Hibs to Yeovil/Halifax and Man U/Chelsea :lol: Boys a fucking nutter

Who's the nutter? The boy whose object is to get as many hits as possible on his blog, so he keeps it controversial or the the boys who read it just to get upset?

IIRC, Sargent claimed Raith Rovers should be in the topflight ahead of County. It was then pointed out that even in the First Division County had a higher average attendance than Rovers. He then started talking about "blah blah fucking blah COMMUNITEH CLUBS HAVE NO PLACE IN THE TOPFLIGHT blah blah blah".

I always wonder if the Spanish sporting press went into meltdown when Eibar got promoted? "THUV GOAT LESS THAN SIVIN THOOSAN FANS".

c***s

Who's the nutter? The boy whose object is to get as many hits as possible on his blog, so he keeps it controversial or the the boys who read it just to get upset?

Maybe you should actually reas what we're talking about before charging in. Seeing as hes posting it on Twitter and not any blog.