The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Isn't he an agent, too?

Suddenly seems everywhere on BBC.

Indeed he was on Wednesday's Sportsound from Prague.

His big reply to a question about Scotland's last campaign and future prospects was almost verbatim... stats, metaphors, et al... that of Darren Fletcher from a press conference earlier in the day, which by coincidence they played almost right after.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Isn't he an agent, too?

He was but he had to give it up when he joined United. He might have gone back to it since of course but his work with the home for struggling ex-Old Firm players suggests otherwise.

I'm sure he was recently declared bankrupt.

Thankfully for him, you can always rely on the publicly-funded BBC to dig thick, ex-footballers out of financial holes thanks to their 'jobs for the boys policy'.

At least he comes with a guarantee.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Isn't he an agent, too?

Suddenly seems everywhere on BBC.

Indeed he was on Wednesday's Sportsound from Prague.

His big reply to a question about Scotland's last campaign and future prospects was almost verbatim... stats, metaphors, et al... that of Darren Fletcher from a press conference earlier in the day, which by coincidence they played almost right after.

Ha I heard that and also thought the same. What a tit.

Thankfully for him, you can always rely on the publicly-funded BBC to dig thick, ex-footballers out of financial holes thanks to their 'jobs for the boys policy'.

I doubt he is contracted to the BBC. Probably gets a fee on a pay per talk shite basis but as the Beeb funding for fitba is atrocious I imagine we are talking small numbers.

Just saw Michael Stewart doing the advert for the 'One Big Switch' campaign.

Then it says at the end 'registration closes 25th March'. Good one, what a waste of everyone's time. Wrong thread to put this in, I realise.

I reckon this also explains Andy Ritchie's bewildering arrival on the BBC airwaves. He's been irrelevant for decades and offers little in terms of meaningful punditry... but he's now landed himself a few gigs on Sportsound for no apparent reason. The idea of bringing in proper journalists or credible experts to assess a match ahead of moronic ex-footballers is clearly not part of the Beeb's hiring and programme quality agendas.

I reckon this also explains Andy Ritchie's bewildering arrival on the BBC airwaves. He's been irrelevant for decades and offers little in terms of meaningful punditry... but he's now landed himself a few gigs on Sportsound for no apparent reason. The idea of bringing in proper journalists or credible experts to assess a match ahead of moronic ex-footballers is clearly not part of the Beeb's hiring and programme quality agendas.

Are you earning an honest wage yet?

"Chick Young's World of Football" deserves a mention on this thread.

The idea of a world football show with a Scottish slant is actually a pretty decent one, but the choice of host and delivery of this one is atrocious. It feels like you've stepped back in time... On a recent show e.g. they went to China to speak to Ryan McGowan. As it was a discussion on the Chinese Super League, what else would be the musical introduction rather than...

:bag

"Oh now we're off to sunny Spain..." before Spanish chat; Stereotypical Parisian music before French chat... That kind of nonsense belongs in the 70's and 80's along with Chick Young himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3511815/Leigh-Griffiths-claim-key-role-attack-Scotland-Gordon-Strachan-s-prepare-World-Cup-qualifiers.html

"Ross McCormack (left) impressed for Scotland as he scored the only goal in their 1-0 win over Czech Republic"

02_24213855_cdef34_2761116a.jpg

A great opener from Ross McCormack to secure the win in Prague, according to the Daily Fail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3511815/Leigh-Griffiths-claim-key-role-attack-Scotland-Gordon-Strachan-s-prepare-World-Cup-qualifiers.html

"Ross McCormack (left) impressed for Scotland as he scored the only goal in their 1-0 win over Czech Republic"

A great opener from Ross McCormack to secure the win in Prague, according to the Daily Fail.

He's looking good, these days.

I notice they've changed it. However, not to amend the wrong scorer... But to change it to a picture of Ross McCormack and they remain adamant he scored :lol:

Previews and team news as Scottish Premiership leaders Celtic host Hearts while struggling Motherwell travel to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Motherwell 'struggling' into the top six after 'struggling' to win five out their last six.

Fucking BBC.

The Sunday Sun never fails to disappoint.

Provan back to his 'diddy-bashing' best today. Queens Park being the latest team to feel his wrath.

Then you have Richard Gough saying he still doesn't understand why Rangers were placed in League Two.

That makes two of us Richard, mate.

I don't buy the paper so can't comment on the article in question - but what always strikes me (with the notable exception of 'Off the Ball' yesterday tbf) is how poorly informed pundits or columnists are on Hampden. It is owned by Queen's Park. They aren't playing there on sufferance, nor as some kind of unwelcome squator. It belongs to them, and they lease it to the SFA, through Hampden Park Ltd which is owned by SFA.

Expecting them to move to Lesser Hampden - which could need significant work done - or to groundsharing Firhill or whatever is expecting them to move out of their own ground.