The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Davie Provans weekly page in the sun insists "the footballing world is drooling over" the upcoming old firm game :lol:

They'll never learn. I thought the fact theres not been a single mention of them being involved in a European super league, but the likes of Olympiakos are being mooted, would've woken folk up to the fact they're nothing outwith this Country.

Untitled_zpssbvodpbw.png

At least the BBC are building hype up for the Major Cup Final on today and not shoving it in the corner to talk about Celtic instead...

Sky sports this afternoon had one of their presenters standing in front of a video of Ross County celebrating, pointed to it, and then said Falkirk had won the league cup for the first time in their history.

Davie Provans weekly page in the sun insists "the footballing world is drooling over" the upcoming old firm game :lol:

It's worth buying The Sun for his column alone.

To be fair to Davie boy - at least he's consistent.

He never misses an opportunity to spraff about his two favourite subjects;

- Old Firm.

- How Scottish football is perceived in England.

He gets well paid to talk about and watch football, taking in big English Premier games and International games all over the world, but he's still too bitter and consumed with hate to appreciate it.

What a pathetic, wretched old fool.

Edited by Hammer Jag

It's worth buying The Sun for his column alone.

To be fair to Davie boy - at least he's consistent.

He never misses an opportunity to spraff about his two favourite subjects;

- Old Firm.

- How Scottish football is perceived in England.

He gets well paid to talk about and watch football, taking in big English Premier games and International games all over the world, but he's still too bitter and consumed with hate to appreciate it.

What a pathetic, wretched old fool.

This is not just Provan, it is all red top columnists and it drives me up the wall.

"Folk down in England just don't to watch Inverness vs Partick Thistle"

And?  Probably an extra 100 tune in for their beloved old firm.  When are they going to wise up to the fact that no one down South gives two fucks about Scottish football, Old firm or otherwise.  I have lived there, seriously they don't care.

So how about Scottish football focuses on what Scotland wants from the game, not England.

I've told this story before on here, but I was down in London in early 2011, there was an Old Firm game on at the same time City were playing Spurs at the Etihad.  As you'd expect, the sports bar I was in had the City game on all the big screens dotted about and the place was packed with Spurs fans watching.

They had a shitty wee joke of a tv above one of the bars that was showing the Old Firm game on it, and as standard, there wasn't a single soul watching it. Think it was eventually changed over to cricket or something.

Thinking adults reading The Sun I just don't get that one at all.

A guy last week took great delight in showing me the story the sun had printed about Scotland being bust this week if we had voted for independence.

He shoved it in my face with a "see, I knew we couldn't trust the SNP"

I didn't know where to start.

I think the biggest worry for me is that people believe everything they read.

• 2 weeks later...

Darren Jackson's rating of Alan McGregor against Czech Republic, 'I'll give him a 9 but it was a "10" performance'.

Link.

Darren Jackson last night: 'Other referees would be handing out yellow cards like, eh... Christmas cards'

Jonathan Sutherland - 'confetti?'

Jackson - 'eh, aye. Confetti'

Darren Jackson last night: 'Other referees would be handing out yellow cards like, eh... Christmas cards'

Jonathan Sutherland - 'confetti?'

Jackson - 'eh, aye. Confetti'

I'm pretty sure that during the half-time break of Motherwell vs. United a few weeks back, he was lamenting the harsh sending off of a key United player right on the stroke of h/t - who had only been booked iirc.