The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I'd say Strachan will have see it Robertson > Tierney > Wallace > Shinnie.

Tierney ahead of Wallace because he plays for Celtic.

In reality of course, Shinnie is a better player than both.

Whittaker will be ahead of Shinnie as well. Not sure whether he'll be ahead of Wallace now that Wallace will be back in the top flight.

This is the first time in about 2 years that Strachan has called Wallace up.  Shinnie and Tierney were unavailable for this fixture which meant he had to go scrambling around to his 4th choice.  He picked Shinnie over Wallace before.

If Wallace plays well next season, he'll most likely be in the squads. Whether that's in addition to or ahead of Shinnie, I don't know.

I don't really have a problem with people calling Wallace the best Scottish based left back, but only if he proves it next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Some bloke called Gerry Gay (for once named) on the BBC Scotland web page has written the most toe-curling sycophantic "review" of Willie Collum's performance. It's horrible to read.

Edited by Savage Henry

I thought that the Scottish media's desire to pander to the OF knuckle draggers that can actually read had bottomed out with stuff like 'Rangers players says Rangers manager is great' and 'Celtic player says Celtic player is awesome' but they've managed to do the impossible and lower the bar even further with... 

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton is jealous of Celtic because he wants to play for them, according to former Parkhead captain Tom Boyd. The Englishman made headlines last week for his comments about Celtic captain Scott Brown, but Boyd reckons Barton would "rather be pulling on the hoops than a blue jersey".(Various)

'News' now includes a middle aged man resorting to the playground level of argument used by spotty teenagers on the internet. You're just jealous. Really? Good grief. In the balanced world of bigot brother reporting, expect a 4 page 'exclusive' to appear shortly with Terry Butcher declaring that his dad's bigger than Craig Gordon's.

I thought that the Scottish media's desire to pander to the OF knuckle draggers that can actually read had bottomed out with stuff like 'Rangers players says Rangers manager is great' and 'Celtic player says Celtic player is awesome' but they've managed to do the impossible and lower the bar even further with... 

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton is jealous of Celtic because he wants to play for them, according to former Parkhead captain Tom Boyd. The Englishman made headlines last week for his comments about Celtic captain Scott Brown, but Boyd reckons Barton would "rather be pulling on the hoops than a blue jersey".(Various)

'News' now includes a middle aged man resorting to the playground level of argument used by spotty teenagers on the internet. You're just jealous. Really? Good grief. In the balanced world of bigot brother reporting, expect a 4 page 'exclusive' to appear shortly with Terry Butcher declaring that his dad's bigger than Craig Gordon's.

Was thinking that last night.  It was a 2 page spread in the Sun I was reading at work yesterday (I know, I know). It basically read as you've described it; 'He's just saying that cos he want's to play for Celtic, know wha'a mean big man?'

Like you say, I've now checked and their are various OF rimming red-tops running the story.  Petty insults and continuous games of one-upmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously though, the BBC is an absolute farce, absolutely no idea how they can make so many basic errors so often...

2qao57c.jpg

Gordon Parks seems to think Kilmarnock have some sort of obligation to play their youth players for the benefit of Scotland rather than look after themselves by trying to stay in the Premier League.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/gordon-parks-kilmarnock-abandoned-duty-8335408#WYm0oOhx8h30ZGqM.97

Gordon Parks seems to think Kilmarnock have some sort of obligation to play their youth players for the benefit of Scotland rather than look after themselves by trying to stay in the Premier League.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/gordon-parks-kilmarnock-abandoned-duty-8335408#WYm0oOhx8h30ZGqM.97

Who is Gordons club of choice?

My favourite part is 'provincial clubs need to stick to youth development'.

Obviously the old firm have a responsibility to win everything while the rest of us need to protect the future of the national side.

Fucking yawn.

Obviously the old firm have a responsibility to win everything while the rest of us need to protect the future of the national side.

Fucking yawn.

How does that work with Strachan in charge? If you havent been at one of the ugly sisters you dont get near the squad