The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 02/08/2024 at 11:36, Salvo Montalbano said:

The BBC in particular have no excuse. They used to run an advert with the tagine "due to the unique way we are funded, we can do all this and more" and there is absolutely no reason for them to chase clicks etc. 

Apologies for a late response. Not a thread that I delve into often. 

Hope all enjoy the iconic colour footage from CBGB's, the iconic home of punk in the USA.....

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Call me stupid, but what am I missing here?

33 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

He's not the second fresh face.

Aye. They've signed Schmeichel and Sinisalo, neither of whom were at the club last season, already.

On 29/08/2024 at 07:42, Dan Electro said:

Apologies for a late response. Not a thread that I delve into often. 

Hope all enjoy the iconic colour footage from CBGB's, the iconic home of punk in the USA.....

And tagines as well. Sounds like the BBC Food website has taken a nosedive as well.

On 26/08/2024 at 22:27, camer0n_mcd said:

I hesitate to call this journalism but either way it's a riddy of an article.

I haven't read this article, but I love that they've accompanied it with three separate images that have been Photoshopped into one fake, misleading image, with the clincher being that all the empty seats depicted in the fake image are actually in the away end.

Tom English: "It was a comment that will draw the same kind of blank expressions you see when historians are asked about the location of the Holy Grail or the resting place of the Mary Celeste."

The Mary Celeste didn't go missing. It was found with no crew on it. We know where its resting place was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwy7d4p9mpgo 

On 26/08/2024 at 22:27, camer0n_mcd said:

I hesitate to call this journalism but either way it's a riddy of an article.

Fantastic, still grinding their gears that the diddies have had the cheek(sic) to shun the OF shilling. FTOF and all who cling to their coat tails.