The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 6/7/2018 at 08:13, JTS98 said:

This level of output is  consistent with Kenny McIntyre's dramatic shouty voice on Sportsound.

KM: Motherwell lost 1-0 at the weekend, (begin dramatic shouty voice here) Michael Stewart, WILL they be relegated, SHOULD the manager be shot, and CAN Motherwell be allowed to continue to exist as a town?

MS: (As ever, sounding quite baffled by his cartoonish colleague) Well, Kenny. I'm fairly sure Motherwell will continue to exist as a to...

KM: But SHOULD it, Michael? SHOULD it?

MS: Well, I don't see why not. It's home to tens of thousa...

KM: That's all well and good, Michael. But DOES the continued existence of the town not mean that EVERY ONE of those residents is complicit in the SHOCKING performance of THEIR football team last weekend? Surely, it MUST be wiped FROM. THE. MAP?

MS: (sigh)

This is pretty good, but it should really finish with Kenny saying "And now to Rangers..."

On 07/06/2018 at 07:47, Swello said:

They're definitely heading that way - but they'll only truly reach tabloid nirvana when they are cranking out 8 pieces a day that have the same picture of Gerard and follow the headline formula

"<Ex-Rangers Talking Head> says <something fucking obvious about Steven Gerard>"

"Dado Prso says Steven Gerard must sign some players"

"Erik Bo Andersson says Steven Gerard needs to challenge Celtic"

"Derek Johnstone says Steven Gerard must mime along to the sash at supporters club do's"

Close...

“Rangers should not rely on loan signings, says Kris Boyd”

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

From the "Daily Record's terrible copy editing" files

image.png.7dd681844243cd62f4912302bde3d962.png

I missed the part about Martin Skrtel switching nationalities, pretty sure he's Slovakian...

Nobody notice *Rangers target Connor "Gleeson" getting a mention at the bottom there?

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

lol ok then

Given that your Club is already running at a loss and relying on "soft" loans to make it through the season, I'd say paying that kind of fee as well as adding to the already crippling wage bill is rather an insane method of financial management.

10 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Why does The Daily Rangers constantly refer to the lad from Brighton as a star? Am I the only one who has never heard of him?

No, but everyone will when his wages end up the one that breaks the second cammals back.

15 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Why does The Daily Rangers constantly refer to the lad from Brighton as a star? Am I the only one who has never heard of him?

It's not just them, a lot of other news organizations throw around the word "star" and "ace" far too liberally.  I've seen Kundai Benyu referred to as a Celtic Ace for example.