The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

A wife beating jakey alcoholic bigot mess who's most famous goal was against Scotland for England.

A Scottish football legend right enough.

As (I think) Joe Tortalano said to the referee after he booked Gazza for booking him, "it's a  joke".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-45765237
No mention by the BBC of which club the coin thrower in the Rangers section at Livi supports. No mention of which section it came from. I'm shocked and stunned.

That's because it is a court report and you can only report what's said in court. So if it wasn't mentioned that he is a Rangers fan (and it wouldn't be at this stage of proceedings) it shouldn't be mentioned in court reports

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Yet again BBC Sport website excels itself. Apparently Rangers beat Saints 3-1 at full time. No wonder we're getting humped by Celtic, can't be in two places at once!

Has any other team been simultaneously pumped by the old firm at the same time?

Not to mention concurrently.  ;)

The factual inaccuracies are only the most glaring problem with this article. The deeper problem is the way if presents someone with cerebral palsy as childlike. What relevance does his favourite game or favourite goal to do with his shambolic treatment? Is it normal, when reports of fans being treated appallingly at football grounds, to be asked what their favourite goal was?

I thought it was appropriate as it contrasts how much enjoyment can be derived from the game with how bad this treatment was.

18 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Do Sky make similar errors on English football or they  reserved for Scottish matters?

Sky only know of and care about two teams in Scotland. Their radio service summed it up perfectly recently.

What I should have heard was -
Newly promoted Livingston continued their excellent start to the season with a 1-0 win against Rangers that took them into 3rd place, level on points with Hibs.

What I actually heard was -
Steve Gerrard's Rangers failed to move into 2nd place after they surprisingly lost 1-0 at Livingston. 

Plus ca change.

Yet again BBC Sport website excels itself. Apparently Rangers beat Saints 3-1 at full time. No wonder we're getting humped by Celtic, can't be in two places at once!

Has any other team been simultaneously pumped by the old firm at the same time?
40 clubs are being f****d by the 'old firm' on a continuous basis...

2 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

40 clubs are being f****d by the 'old firm' on a continuous basis...

If only there came an opportunity for them to finally end it and take control into their own hands...

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

My word.  The United and Partick references means that the reporter actually believes they're in the Championship.

He even bring up the fact Aitken only "kept them up for two seasons after joining in 2015"