The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

11 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Jeff Stelling reads out the results of the Scottish Cup 2nd Round. A competition that his employer pays broadcast rights fees for.

I can't make out what he's saying there?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Darren said:
I can't make out what he's saying there?

Me neither. Someone enlighten us?

Says I’m sure everyone is excited for these results. As the rest of the panel sit sniggering. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Says I’m sure everyone is excited for these results. As the rest of the panel sit sniggering. 

About as excited as I am for the Vanarama results, then. Or whatever it's called.

About as excited as I am for the Vanarama results, then. Or whatever it's called.
Anyone would think they hadnt ruthlessly devalued every single part of their game outwith the EPL in the pursuit of worldwide approval for their one and only semi decent competition. Of course, nothing will be said about it.

The SSN panel is full of alcoholic morons anyway. Wouldn't bother my arse with their opinion.
There is that. I used to have it on regularly. Flashscores has slowly but surely put them firmly where they belong though.

I like Stelling generally too, but patter like that on a platform like that is no use.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Rangers blogger Kris Boyd laying into the Aberdeen fans something chronic in yesterday's Sun.

At this point the desperation from Boyd to get himself out there and be controversial is tiring more than anything. At least Sutton has a bit of wit about him when he’s trying to wind people up. Boyd’s schtick is pretty much just that of a forum troll.

Edited by Rodhull

Is Stelling still referring to Leagues One and Two in Scotland as the first and second division? He's definitely been doing that for the last few years but don't think I've seen Soccer Saturday this season.

Anyone who watches Soccer Saturday really is a complete c**t, you should be at a match.

This piece by Provan is ridiculous.

In one line he's saying that he thinks Dundee made a 'knee jerk' decision disposing of McCann and the next he admits he hasn't watched Dundee as he says he doesn't know who Kevin Holt is despite him featuring 37 times under McCann.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3377041/jim-mcintyre-dundee-neil-mccann-davie-provan/

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In one line he's saying that he thinks Dundee made a 'knee jerk' decision disposing of McCann and the next he admits he hasn't watched Dundee as he says he doesn't know who Kevin Holt is despite him featuring 37 times under McCann.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3377041/jim-mcintyre-dundee-neil-mccann-davie-provan/

Davie Provan is an absolute imbecile.

A cretin without knowledge or insight.  

He is fucking SEETHING there [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

It's the old pals act which makes up the Scottish written and spoken media.

They all drink together and go on swallys together watching football, so when the fans, who the clubs really belong to, speak out or stand up against one of their pals, they throw the toys out the pram.

Christ even for him that’s a dreadful article.