The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It's strange wording that makes the meaning not super obvious but they aren't incorrect there. They are saying that we've scored at least 3 against you in 3 out of the last 4 meetings so including all the ones this season plus the 1-3 at Tynecastle in April 2019.
Not sure how you're getting that? It says in the article that Rangers have put at least three goals past them in the last four games, not three of the last four. Unless they've changed the online article.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, TavTastic said:
It's strange wording that makes the meaning not super obvious but they aren't incorrect there. They are saying that we've scored at least 3 against you in 3 out of the last 4 meetings so including all the ones this season plus the 1-3 at Tynecastle in April 2019.

Not sure how you're getting that? It says in the article that Rangers have put at least three goals past them in the last four games, not three of the last four. Unless they've changed the online article.

My apologies you are correct. Absolutely a case of terrible journalism then.

The Sunday Mail can f**k right off. Proper gutter stuff, this.

EPMNIcgX0AAUfEL.thumb.jpeg.0093c991b2630faefd855a5e1a9b90e4.jpeg
Hes a Scottish Football man, but not involved with either cheek. Prime pull his pants down, point and laugh material for the football media up here.

Vile, yet totally unsurprising.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes a Scottish Football man, but not involved with either cheek. Prime pull his pants down, point and laugh material for the football media up here.

Only they've  previously  slaughtered Ian Black and Steve Simonsen for gambling problems. 

Typical tabloid sensationalism. 

Anyone going to the BBC's main football page right now would not see anything about the big result at Tynecastle today. However they would see:

Dons / St Mirren story
Lots of FA Cup stuff
Two stories about Eriksen going to Inter
A story about Spanish football
A story about Italian football
A story about a Norwegian scoring in Germany
Women's FA Cup stuff
Something about Peter Crouch
And more

Absolutely f**k the BBC.

7 hours ago, TavTastic said:

That's fucking shocking from them. Rice has shown a lot of courage and gets shat on with that. Who cares what specific bets he's made and how have they even acquired that information?

There might have been some justification for that sort of coverage if they’d found that he was betting against his own team. And I think every fan would care about specific bets like that. But obviously the journalist hasn’t found anything like that.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bullshit. They've got previous for the same sort of behaviour with people on either side of the arse.

Bullshit. They've got previous for the same sort of behaviour with people on either side of the arse.
Well we shall have to agree to disagree then. In the past you might be right I am prepared to bet that thanks to both sides increasingly tear stained demands and statements, the media cow-towing is at an all time high and no one on either side will be subjected to what Rice is getting in future, unless they so happen to have the ammo to hand to "keep it even".

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Well we shall have to agree to disagree then. In the past you might be right I am prepared to bet that thanks to both sides increasingly tear stained demands and statements, the media cow-towing is at an all time

Which cows have been towed from where?

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Well we shall have to agree to disagree then. In the past you might be right I am prepared to bet that thanks to both sides increasingly tear stained demands and statements, the media cow-towing is at an all time high and no one on either side will be subjected to what Rice is getting in future, unless they so happen to have the ammo to hand to "keep it even".

I remember some paper putting the boot into Scott Brown for sitting in the street steaming. They'll take the chance if they get it. There was no case for evening it out that time 

1 minute ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

I remember some paper putting the boot into Scott Brown for sitting in the street steaming. They'll take the chance if they get it. There was no case for evening it out that time 

End of the day if I am wrong then fair enough. I think things have changed though. I think the papers are brimming with sycophants and I dont believe either Gerrard or Lennon would ever get what Rice got whilst in post at either cheek. That's just my opinion, if no doubt there will be some scummy behaviour from someone soon enough to test the theories.