The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

10 hours ago, Oscar P said:

No, that’s just my screenshot - it was simply that they weren’t even in alphabetical order.

Aye, I noticed that, too, no idea why.

11 hours ago, Oscar P said:

No, that’s just my screenshot - it was simply that they weren’t even in alphabetical order.

Makes it worse that they can't be bothered putting any of the leagues' fixtures in the alphabetical order.

We have this from the report on the Dundee Derby. Scored 18 goals in the 3 league cup games after the Falkirk win did we?

Beat Stenhousemuir 3-0, Ayr United 2-1 and Buckie Thistle 2-5. That is only 10. I know it's 3 numbers but how hard is it to add 3+2+5??

Screenshot_2024-08-04-18-25-28-451_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

We have this from the report on the Dundee Derby. Scored 18 goals in the 3 league cup games after the Falkirk win did we?

Beat Stenhousemuir 3-0, Ayr United 2-1 and Buckie Thistle 2-5. That is only 10. I know it's 3 numbers but how hard is it to add 3+2+5??

Screenshot_2024-08-04-18-25-28-451_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

They're confusing the two of us again because we scored 18 in our group. Shambles.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

They're confusing the two of us again because we scored 18 in our group. Shambles.

FFS!! It isn't difficult is it? Are these written by AI? Because of they aren't it is pathetic and so very easy to research.image.gif.92be9632a8c736eaa5080f95795ea0d0.gif

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In the same article they then went on to say just that.  

What an utterly confusing article......

There are a fair few rumours swirling around Liverpool in this transfer window.

Sky Germany, external are reporting that the club have rejected several offers 22-year-old Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg. Hoffenheim, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Mainz, Borussia Monchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen have all registered their interest.

Meanwhile, Liverpool target and Spain midfielder Martin Zubimendi, 25, is also being spoken to be Real Sociedad - according to The Times, external.

And French defender Billy Koumetio, 21, is close to signing for the Reds from Dundee, as reported by the Athletic

Andrew Petrie of the BBC is just making things up.  Ross Callachan missed all of last season.  And is shite.  

Aidan Denholm drove them on superbly from midfield, offering the energy and endeavour that Ross Callachan used to provide.

Edited by Savage Henry

This is a pet peeve from Sportscene Result show. They have the results from the Highland League and Lowland League combined and in alphabetical order across two sections with 9 scores on each.

Each league had 9 fixtures over the weekend so I can't see any real reason for them to be combined like this and not in two separate sections.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 105048.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-12 105111.jpg

28 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I can't see any real reason for them to be combined like this and not in two separate sections.

Cause they're so ignorant they probably don't even know who's in which league.

30 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

This is a pet peeve from Sportscene Result show. They have the results from the Highland League and Lowland League combined and in alphabetical order across two sections with 9 scores on each.

Each league had 9 fixtures over the weekend so I can't see any real reason for them to be combined like this and not in two separate sections.

f**king hell 🤣

WHy would you combine any leagues whatsoever? They're separate leagues. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

49 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Looking them forward to putting Macclesfield Town and Manchester United's results back to back next week.

18 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

It'll be the BBC not wanting to offend anybody by putting one league first given both are the same level. As seen in other posts, alphabetical order is so last century so is being phased out.

Pretty sure they don't/won't do thst with National League North and South.

Not sure what my favourite Peter Grant Sportscene moment was.

His thoughts that Miovski - who is about to sign for the team that finished third in La Liga - is good enough to play for Rangers.

Or that St Mirren will find it tough on Thursday against Brondby.