Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

Unsurprising defeat, we'll now quietly go about finishing above Hearts again when our actual defence is fit to play.

^^^ spewing

You won't finish above us. McKay, Craig, Sutton et al. Fucking gang. :lol:

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsurprising defeat, we'll now quietly go about finishing above Hearts again when our actual defence is fit to play.

While Hearts will go about scoring goals on demand ;-)

Hearts season will rest on Walker and Nicholson, both look capable of winning games on their own. Not convinced you should be judging Juanma on that though, Scobbie is a fucking awful centre half, and was being partnered by Agent McKay

Like the look of the boy Rossi. Gets a 10/10 just for volleying the ball straight into the linesman's coupon.

Wouldve been my highlight if BT Sport hadn't opened up the second half with a Hearts fan giving everyone the "V" sign on both hands :lol:

Hearts season will rest on Walker and Nicholson, both look capable of winning games on their own. Not convinced you should be judging Juanma on that though, Scobbie is a fucking awful centre half, and was being partnered by Agent McKay

Stop it ffs. :lol:

Anyway:

Although annoyed at the manner of the goals his side lost, Robbie was sanguine about the matter, insisting once the team gets to play together more, things would look much tighter in defence. He also highlighted the lack of pre-season action the likes of the back four and Prince Buaben had experienced over the summer.

“You’re always annoyed to lose any goals, and the ones we lost were poor, but I know that won’t be a regular thing. That back four has never played together before, a lot of them haven’t had a chance to play together yet as a unit, so that chemistry will come later.”

“The team today was patched together,” he continued. “Some players haven’t had a pre-season really. Buaben’s only trained five days, after I told him I needed him. He said he was struggling at half-time, I asked him for 10 more minutes and he finished the game. I knew we’d struggle in the last half-hour.”

Stop it ffs. :lol:

Anyway:

You shouldn't be too hopeful about your defence either tbh, you conceded a goal to someone who almost blinded himself putting on a trackie top

wiurgvbshdviosbaovahn

That was a struggle. :lol: I think if anyone deserved that win it was us - we showed more in the final third than Saints. I'm very happy with the three points.

As I posted at half-time, we were howling in the first half. We were lucky that McKay fucked up to let Juanma in. Saints pressed up high, but we insisted on playing it out from the back; which consisted of just one phase then punting it, as Sutton, Craig, and O'Halloran were lurking. Walker and Nicholson were anonymous as the ball was going long most of the time; and they naturally drifted inside, so they weren't offering themselves as an option or outlet out wide. Paterson is good going forward but Rossi isn't - as has been pointed out already he's a centre back by trade. To his credit, he still made himself available and did his best. Buaben looked like he had only five days worth of training prior to the game; and Gomis was irrelevant, as the ball was going long, and he wasn't making himself available anyway. Juanma and Sow get a pass as they weren't given much to work with, but they still were making a big effort.

The second half was obviously much, much better. We started giving the ball to Walker and Nicholson all they ran Saints ragged. They played mainly between the midfield and defence, roaming around, and Saints didn't pick them up at all. Juanma's touch (orgasmic) and run for the penalty was superb. Paterson's determination and Walker's timing of the pass made the third goal. Paterson's ball for Nicholson's goal was a real treat as well.

We were a shambles defensively for the most part. Alexander was just not right in the head today. I'm not too concerned about the defence yet; I'll give them time to play together more before losing my shit.

Rossi was solid, and attacked everything in the air. Augustyn was a bit ropey, and was pressed into playing the long ball more often than he would've liked I thought. Juanma was the boy today, though: got under the skin of Scobbie and McKay; made himself available for balls in the channel and in the air; showed some nice touches; and obviously put away his goal. We'll be seeing more goals from him this season.

Saints were lucky were weren't there defensively - then didn't really show anything for other teams to be too concerned about. O'Halloran has a bit of pace, and after that I'm struggling. I don't think you guys will concede four again this season though; especially once you get Anderson, Wright, and MacKay back to the first team.

I thought Rossi looked solid again today and I'm fairly sure he's naturally meant to be more of a centre-back than a left-back. Augustyn looked like the sort of no-nonsense player at the back we've been missing for a while too. Attacking will certainly be more of a strength for us than defending this season but I'm sure we'll tighten up as the season goes on.

Levein and Neilson will sort the defence out for sure. Alexander looks like he needs a bit of time getting used to a CH who wants to attack every ball after having Danny Wilson in front of him :lol:

And that augurs well considering the threat we pose to the other end from all over the park.

Goals throughout the team.

Very encouraging to think we still have Pallardo, our best CM and Oshiniwa, to come into the side.

Hearts fans seem quite seething about the fact that we're going to finish above them this season.

It is quite amusing how they all seem to genuinely believe they were a fair bit ahead of us there, all very similar to Dundee last year

Some howling defending on show from both teams but understandable in the circumstances. Neither back 4 has had much time together on the park. Tactical change after half time made a big difference to us going forward and we missed some great chances as well as getting the 4 goals.

Good start and hopefully more to come once Oshinawa and Pallardo are available.

Liam Craig still a fucking bellend obviously.

It's quite amusing how St Johnstone fans seem to think they're going to finish above the famous, despite us toying with them today.

I'm not saying you won't but we absolutely horses them last season, literally took the piss for 90 minutes, come away with the three points and somehow the fuckers still finished comfortably above us.

I'm not saying you won't but we absolutely horses them last season, literally took the piss for 90 minutes, come away with the three points and somehow the fuckers still finished comfortably above us.

Last season's results:

St. Johnstone 0-1 Dundee

Dundee 1-1 St. Johnstone

St. Johnstone 1-0 Dundee

Dundee 0-2 St. Johnstone

Archived