James McClean

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twitter fool is failing to grasp the concept that McLean's actions could equally be viewed as 'racist'.

Totally unnecessary behaviour all round. Absolutely no need for national anthems at club level, especially in a friendly and given most clubs nowadays barely have any home nationals. However, McLean is just being a try-too-hard attention seeking fuckwit.

I don't think he's attention seeking, I think it's pretty clear he feels pretty strongly about his stance.

Not sure what I'd do if I had to stand to GSTQ. Would most definitely just stand there and do nothing, afterall it is ONLY a song but I wouldn't like having to do it. My mate in the army said to me they had to sing it a lot and if you didn't you got sent on runs. Not sure how true that is.

The Twitter fool is failing to grasp the concept that McLean's actions could equally be viewed as 'racist'.

Totally unnecessary behaviour all round. Absolutely no need for national anthems at club level, especially in a friendly and given most clubs nowadays barely have any home nationals. However, McLean is just being a try-too-hard attention seeking fuckwit.

It would only be a complete fucking idiot that would view that as racist.

Milesy proving to be a complete and utter moron once again.

Read the below article, sums it up pretty well, in my opinion. He's not some brain dead attention seeker or "racist" (lolwut?), he's a man that believes something and has succinctly and intelligently stated that on numerous occasions before when the brain dead "giv iz wages 2 da soldiers" brigade have taken a strop.

http://surrealfootball.com/post/124501199807/james-mcclean-should-be-respected-for-his

The "y duznt e go back 2 iz own cuntry" nonsense is also dealt with.

His antics yesterday was pathetic IMO. Regardless of what his stance and beliefs are, why bring the attention to himself like that? He could have faced the same direction and just stood in a similar fashion rather than facing away

His employers are British and he was representing them. Pulis will have a word I'm sure

His antics yesterday was pathetic IMO. Regardless of what his stance and beliefs are, why bring the attention to himself like that? He could have faced the same direction and just stood in a similar fashion rather than facing away

His employers are British and he was representing them. Pulis will have a word I'm sure

Doubt it, they signed him knowing about the poppy carry on

He won't ever change McLeans mind either so it would be pointless

:lol:

What word would that be? Force political beliefs on him? i'm sure the PFA would have a field day

:lol:

What word would that be? Force political beliefs on him? i'm sure the PFA would have a field day

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-warned-west-brom-6097986

Unless of course you think the manager of a player in this instance wouldn't acknowledge it at all, obviously Pulis would talk to him about it

"So wot if ez Muslim, e wurks in a British office, e shud eat a bacon roll like da rest ov us" type post, IMO.

Threads like this are brilliant for outing morons and their prejudices.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-warned-west-brom-6097986

Unless of course you think the manager of a player in this instance wouldn't acknowledge it at all, obviously Pulis would talk to him about it

I still don't understand how the club could take any discipline action again him for his political beliefs. It's not as if they hadn't been well known prior to him signing.

f**k all WBA can do about it

I still don't understand how the club could take any discipline action again him for his political beliefs. It's not as if they hadn't been well known prior to him signing.

f**k all WBA can do about it

They can't and won't. They signed him knowing about the poppy incident. All that is just being said to keep the public happy.

Not sure what I'd do if I had to stand to GSTQ. Would most definitely just stand there

I'd certainly hope you would, otherwise you'd be an utter simpleton getting wound up by a piece of music. As I've said elsewhere, McLean has turned his back as he's trying to make a point (IMO) what that point is, I've no fucking idea considering his taxes go to the upkeep of the Army and the Queen. If he was that upset/angry, he'd just fuckoff abroad, but he's not. He's an attention seeking ring piece.

post-35024-0-04906300-1437335134_thumb.j

Having said all that: this is a bit of a bell end move. Loads of national anthems are w**k. Talking about spilling the blood of your enemies, "God" rising you to your country's destiny of glory and all that pish. Just ignore it and let them have their wee moment. It's a bit disprespectful.

If someone did the same to the Scottish National Anthem (any of them... we have a few) I'd say "He's a bell end." but I wouldn't be spitting feathers over it and he's well within his rights to do it. Still a bell end.

Totally worth it for the tears and snotters brigade tho'

No surprise you've completely missed the point but in response to your above post - Exactly.

In an era where political correctness is completely bonkers, it's pretty safe to say there'll be some self-righteous arses ready to play the 'Oh that's racist against Britain' card, and McLean should have thought about how his actions may have been viewed.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427761954.573069.jpg

Why would he care about what people who supported the actions of the military during the troubles think about him and why would he want to save a monarch for a country that's against his beliefs?

It's only a matter of time before he signs for Celtic, mainly because he is pish rather than the republican stuff.

Archived