SPFL board elections

Ann Budge hasn't been elected.

Find that very strange despite the breath of fresh air she has been to the Scottish game since she came in.

Do the blazers feel threatened? Very disappointing as she has a fantastic approach to football.

I know. Fancy that?

She's proven herself in football as well as in business. It'll be years until the dinosaurs and eejits that run Scottish fitba allow the likes of Budge, or Dempster, anywhere near the controls.

Hearts have only just been promoted into Premiership, and (AFAIA) Budge has only been involved in football since last summer.

Doesn't really surprise that she failed to unseat existing members, tbh.

Was going to post this but you beat me to it.

It will something else for Paulo to have a gripe about.

Hearts have only just been promoted into Premiership, and (AFAIA) Budge has only been involved in football since last summer.

A fair point.

Question, though. How long was Stewart Regan involved in football before becoming SFA Chief Executive?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like Ann Budge?

I think we're all indebted to BigFatTabbyDave for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech.

A fair point.

Question, though. How long was Stewart Regan involved in football before becoming SFA Chief Executive?

Unsure... IIRC, he did sports sponsorship for a brewer - Bass? set up the OF Carling deals? - then ran one of the English cricket counties.

As regards 'blazers', business, lack of experience and crusty old dinosaurs - neither Stephen Thomson nor Duncan Fraser fit that stereotype, IMO.

Eric Riley of Celtic is a long-serving committee-man.

Really struggling to care about this. She'd have brought a fresh insight and a different perspective on board, but I suppose there's a case for continuity on the board as well. Plus she can now continue to concentrate fully on the job she's got to do at Hearts, one which she's currently doing a great job of.

Was going to post this but you beat me to it.

It will something else for Paulo to have a gripe about.

Ooft. You'll have to try again there, champ.

I also saw Rangers put forward someone for a Championship seat but he failed to unseat the existing Alloa or Raith reps.

That's elicited little comment.

You'll need to get promotion to the Championship first.

Archived