World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, 2 Aug 2015

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utd v dons might have the makings of a great match. We will be underestimated by Aberdeen so we might be able to spring a surprise if the players are up for it. However, Aberdeen will be up and running after a few competitive euro games.

The only definite is that a 3.30 pm kick off means that the Aberdeen fans will be more excited than usual and will all be behaving like p***ks...

Tannadice does tend to bring out the sizeable nugget element in our support more than most away days. So much so I tend to stay in the city centre and get a taxi up to the ground half an hour pre KO as I can't be fucked with them either.

Really? I'm being honest when I say that's as poor a united team as I've seen. Past shite United teams have always had one or two players that you knew where going to cause you problems but there's nobody there that falls into that bracket. It's very "meh".

It doesn't really rhyme with mango army Stan. Disappointing.

Rhymes with Bongo army. Worryingly I have seen it used since as an actual insult and no ban followed. Worrying lack of consistency from the mods IMO.

Really? I'm being honest when I say that's as poor a united team as I've seen. Past shite United teams have always had one or two players that you knew where going to cause you problems but there's nobody there that falls into that bracket. It's very "meh".

Maybe you should wait and see the team in action first?

I suspect that the outcome of this game will very much depend on how we do on Thursday.

My personal feeling is that we'll still be "in" the Euro tie after the away leg and DM will use several "squad players" on Sunday in the starting line up (with some "big" names on the bench) and go fairly defensive in his line up. Better to into a Euro second leg after a really dull and dour 0-0 (my prediction) than with a loss to our name.

I suspect that the outcome of this game will very much depend on how we do on Thursday.

My personal feeling is that we'll still be "in" the Euro tie after the away leg and DM will use several "squad players" on Sunday in the starting line up (with some "big" names on the bench) and go fairly defensive in his line up. Better to into a Euro second leg after a really dull and dour 0-0 (my prediction) than with a loss to our name.

Unfortunately, one of your "squad players" will be Adam Rooney if Goodwillie starts in the Euro games. He's a braw player...

Unfortunately, one of your "squad players" will be Adam Rooney if Goodwillie starts in the Euro games. He's a braw player...

Tru Dat

I think we can all agree that Rooney is a cert to start this game, if you take his goal record against utd into account it's actually worse for you. I reckon there is a decent chance that Smith might start this game also. Braw player also imo.

Just hope we can handle the route one football that Aberdeen play. If we can I think it will be 2-1 United.

We do on occasion hit it up the park but if you think that's the only way we attack then you are hugely mistaken. We have a very mixed style of play and it seems to be working well for us at the moment.

Any idea how ticket sales for this are going?

Was hoping it might be close to a sell out, I think we will take at least 3,500 down for it. We will fill the Shed, Fair Play upper and lower, and maybe a bit of the Jerry Kerr.

Was hoping it might be close to a sell out, I think we will take at least 3,500 down for it. We will fill the Shed, Fair Play upper and lower, and maybe a bit of the Jerry Kerr.

Everyone knows that - admit it, you only asked the question do you could have a wee crowd w**k didn't you.

Only 90 seats left of our whole allocation. Shed and Fair Play all sold out, just our section of the Jerry Kerr left.

Archived