World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, 2 Aug 2015

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll plump for a cheeky 1-1 for the 17,000th thousand times between the sides.

Thursday may take a fair bit out of us and United aren't as bad as their fans think.

Without Euro trip would have been confident of a comfortable win for the Dons. However long round trip to Almaty combined with heat out there makes me fear that we will lose narrowly this weekend now. Anyway ticket bought and train travel booked. Cannot wait.

Think McInnes has already hinted he'll make a few changes for this, which he never did last year after the Sociedad game.

After Taylor sold the jerseys in that one, we had no energy to mount a comeback and were picked off.

Hopefully it works out better this time round, and it was nice of the SPFL to give us an away fixture this weekend............help your European entrants.

The players are flying back straight after the game and will get back to Aberdeen for about 4am UK time. Rest day on Friday and a light session on Saturday and they'll be raring to go. I noticed McInnes has also chosen to keep the players operating by UK time and training at night while over there to prevent jetlag. Game is at about half 3 UK time so that should work in quite well.

I am just delighted the football is final back. Hopefully this will be a great opening game and a cracking atmosphere. Don't have too much confidence for this season but I think we might get a decent result on Sunday (before the rest of the season turns to shit). Huge first few games for McNamara and the team, it could be make or break for him.

Archived