Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

I'm struggling to follow this so far no one is standing out as overly suspicious to me. I tend agree that it makes sense for the Mafia to keep their heads low in the early stages but the more experienced players will know this and potentially play a double bluff.

Anyway I'm going to vote Gingersaint no real reason I should be more involved in the game tomorrow been out of the office today and I'm a bit sleepy. It is getting late for me as I am an old dinosaur

Interesting.

You're not someone who normally flies under the radar at any point in mafia games. That reasoning is particularly weak and you've even justified it in your explanation.Appreciate your saying you're tired, but with only 6 pages to read (and only really 5 of them game related) I'm sure you could've come up with better than this.

Hardly unrelated! With 2 Arbroath fans in the game, it's reasonable to establish that we're away at Hearts tomorrow night. I doubt I'll be able to post during the day, and I'm not likely to be home before 1 am.

My thoughts so far - I'm not really buying the 4 or 5 way spat, so staying out of it. I would guess there's at least 1 mafia involved, but far too early to tell who.

Turbo is sticking his neck out a bit, so I'm considering voting for him. Apart from that, I might just stick with a random vote for someone with a low post count.

Will vote nearer 11

Equally - this seems a bit of a cop out to me, but on the opposite side to what I've mentioned above. Looks like someone who'll happily bandwagon jump close to the deadline, whether it's for the person going out for some the person sitting second on the voting.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost word for word the same.

Also eager to find out why you aren't voting right now, lichtgilphead. Are you waiting to see if Turbo is going to be lynched then jump on the bandwagon to look like you were against him? Might as well wait it out in case he isn't going to be lynched, then you can make the brave decision to stand back and not get involved.

Hardly "word for word the same"!

If you read it properly, Turbo specifically names a group of 6 which he says he's involved in, whilst I refer to staying out of a group of "4 or 5"

In answer to your question, I'm not voting right now because I don't have to. I can wait until nearer 11. I do wonder why you're poking for a reaction though.

Hardly "word for word the same"!

If you read it properly, Turbo specifically names a group of 6 which he says he's involved in, whilst I refer to staying out of a group of "4 or 5"

In answer to your question, I'm not voting right now because I don't have to. I can wait until nearer 11. I do wonder why you're poking for a reaction though.

It's not the same because Turbo was specific and you were vague. Just like your vague reason for voting/not voting. "I might vote Turbo because he has caught my attention, but I might vote for somebody else for no reason at all." Tell us what you really think.

Thingy - Ludo unvoted me.

Who are we waiting for to vote? Only an hour and a half left to deadline.

Will deadlines always be this late - normally in ma bed by then :(

Same here. Since I last played a mafia game I have become an 62 year old man who is in his bed by 10pm.

Gilp has always been a bit of a bandwagon player if I remember rightly. He was decent at other games, Survivor and Apprentice in particular but mafia games were never his strong suit :lol:

Which is probably a point in his defence in fairness. His style hasn't changed significantly. NOW has made his usual day one blunder, but that doesn't make him automatically guilty either (in fact, I think he's made 2 so far).

diamonds2002 is the one I'm looking at with interest tbh - that vote is not his usual style. He's been pretty quiet too, which isn't really like him either.

I'm going to vote diamonds2002 at the moment, just in case I don't get on later. His reasoning behind voting GingerSaint didn't make much sense as I really don't think he's been suspicious to be honest. It was an 'under the radar' style explanation and I don't think that's really necessary choice when there's been so much activity on day 1. Appreciate people have lives outside of this game, so apologies if you've just not had much of a chance to review the game.

True colours begin to get shown as the deadline approaches.. Contrary to what some others have said, I'm suspicious of quite a few people right now.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated TRS.

True colours begin to get shown as the deadline approaches.. Contrary to what some others have said, I'm suspicious of quite a few people right now.

Spill the beans.

VOTE COUNT

Turbo_dee (4) - DavidMcG, GingerSaint, Albino Rover, CountyFan

DavidMcG (1) - Turbo_dee

Ludo *1 (2) - number one wasp, Bonksy+HisChristianParade

number one wasp (2) - The Real Saints, Airdrie Onions

Airdrie Onions (1) - DarkBlue62

GingerSaint (1) - diamonds2002

diamonds2002 (1) - Kyle

With 19 players, it's 10 votes for an early lynch.

Deadline is at 11 PM. Remember to also get your night actions in before that.

It's not the same because Turbo was specific and you were vague. Just like your vague reason for voting/not voting. "I might vote Turbo because he has caught my attention, but I might vote for somebody else for no reason at all." Tell us what you really think.

So why is it the same then? Because we both said there was a likelihood of there being at least one mafia in a group of 5? Is that all your case is based on?

Interesting.

You're not someone who normally flies under the radar at any point in mafia games. That reasoning is particularly weak and you've even justified it in your explanation.Appreciate your saying you're tired, but with only 6 pages to read (and only really 5 of them game related) I'm sure you could've come up with better than this.

Equally - this seems a bit of a cop out to me, but on the opposite side to what I've mentioned above. Looks like someone who'll happily bandwagon jump close to the deadline, whether it's for the person going out for some the person sitting second on the voting.

To be honest most of the stuff early on is a lot a pish so I don't feel I missing out much.

Goodnight y'all

So why is it the same then? Because we both said there was a likelihood of there being at least one mafia in a group of 5? Is that all your case is based on?

It was an interesting tid bit that I thought warranted attention. The hesitation to vote is what has piqued my suspicion.

Turbo,

I don't think it is any worse strategy than any other day 1 tactic to be honest. At least with the chatty, noisy guys, they are going to be easier to catch in a lie at a later date. Those quiet, sleekit guys are not as easy to catch out as the game progresses and people can become more and more paranoid.

I also don't understand why you decided to detail some of the interesting posts from these quiet players but then miss out at least two of them? Kyle and Mr Brightside spring to mind here as just as two obvious ones, in fact you previously mentioned Mr Brightside in passing on another post but then didn't decide to include him in your more detailed break down here?

Just curious, did you miss them or is there something about there posts that don't concern you as much?

Just in now and catching up on the thread, but the reason I didn't have them in my post is because the post has a limit on the number of quotes I can post in the one reply and I didn't have time to make a separate long post. I had eleven quotes, including kyle and Mr. Brightside but had to take them out. Bit annoying really as it probably seems a cop out.

I may have been all over the place earlier, I'll put it down to rustiness, but yeah I'm not saying it's a bad tactic for day one, just that I thought if I could make something happen or get the quieter players to be more vocal then there was more chance of a mafia slip up. Just trying a different approach really, I don't really like random voting. Speaking of which, and I haven't caught up on the full thread, but TRS and DarkBlue62 voting for people completely out of the blue when me and David were tied on two votes each reeks of trying to distance themselves from the lynch and not wanting to get involved. Not the sign of an innocent imo. Could be that they have their own read on the thread I suppose.

Archived