Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was looking over things, because as I said I was wanting to target the people who were being quiet etc. even though Turbo doesn't like that strategy :)

What interested me when looking at this was NOW. It was highlighted by TRS that he was being quiet etc. and it took TRS mentioning this for him to pop into the game and vote. When his voting choice and reasoning was then queried it all became a bit of a mess in my opinion and after one half hearted defence of his opinion he just ducked out again like he wanted to avoid any further discussions on it.

I can't decide if this is just an overeagerness and him misinterpreting things or not.

However, with the deadline approaching, he does kind of fit the bill of what I am looking for in a vote.

Vote Number One Wasp

Just in now and catching up on the thread, but the reason I didn't have them in my post is because the post has a limit on the number of quotes I can post in the one reply and I didn't have time to make a separate long post. I had eleven quotes, including kyle and Mr. Brightside but had to take them out. Bit annoying really as it probably seems a cop out.

I may have been all over the place earlier, I'll put it down to rustiness, but yeah I'm not saying it's a bad tactic for day one, just that I thought if I could make something happen or get the quieter players to be more vocal then there was more chance of a mafia slip up. Just trying a different approach really, I don't really like random voting. Speaking of which, and I haven't caught up on the full thread, but TRS and DarkBlue62 voting for people completely out of the blue when me and David were tied on two votes each reeks of trying to distance themselves from the lynch and not wanting to get involved. Not the sign of an innocent imo. Could be that they have their own read on the thread I suppose.

Thanks for that, it makes a bit more sense. Do I believe you or not though? :P

Vote DavidMcG

His posting style early on just seemed very aggressive which is really unlike his usual style.

That's precisely his style is it not?

Not entirely comfortable with this bandwagon against g2g tbh. Turbo reappears, then all of a sudden two people vote for him, one without any semblance of an explanation?

What I think goes in NOW's favour - is that he has an absolute horror showing almost every time he plays - it usually doesn't reflect on him being any role in particular.

What I will say is that, and I've said it when we've played before, is that NOW can sometimes be a hindrance to the village side even if he's a villager himself.

I'm not sure that me sticking my neck out on day one is suspicious. Mafia have a free pass on the first day if they can avoid drawing attention to themselves but just do enough to get by. Doesn't look like it's worked well for me though! Just don't see why people think I would risk myself getting lynched by being defensive and getting discussion going if I was mafia. Contrary to this evening's evidence, I'm not that bad a player! We've got to vote for someone though.

Mafia have a free pass on the first day if they can avoid drawing attention to themselves but just do enough to get by. Doesn't look like it's worked well for me though!

Is this a confession?

Turbo_dee, on 29 Jul 2015 - 22:09, said:

I'm not sure that me sticking my neck out on day one is suspicious. Mafia have a free pass on the first day if they can avoid drawing attention to themselves but just do enough to get by. Doesn't look like it's worked well for me though! Just don't see why people think I would risk myself getting lynched by being defensive and getting discussion going if I was mafia. Contrary to this evening's evidence, I'm not that bad a player! We've got to vote for someone though.

Are you admitting something?

what the fcuk is this bullsh*t :lol:

Bandwaggon central here. If I do go out then you need to look at these people.

Come on people, it's first day so I appreciate there isn't alot to go on but people like Turbo and number one wasp have looked guilty. Whats the most someone has on me - 'a different style to how I used to play'

I'm not sure that me sticking my neck out on day one is suspicious. Mafia have a free pass on the first day if they can avoid drawing attention to themselves but just do enough to get by. Doesn't look like it's worked well for me though! [\b]Just don't see why people think I would risk myself getting lynched by being defensive and getting discussion going if I was mafia. Contrary to this evening's evidence, I'm not that bad a player! We've got to vote for someone though.

OOFT! :lol:

Surely not!?

That's precisely his style is it not?

Not entirely comfortable with this bandwagon against g2g tbh. Turbo reappears, then all of a sudden two people vote for him, one without any semblance of an explanation?

He's never been a aggressive player in the past, I could be wrong but on the first day unless someone majorly messes up it's always going to be little things that get people votes.

He's never been a aggressive player in the past, I could be wrong but on the first day unless someone majorly messes up it's always going to be little things that get people votes.

I always have g2g down as a player who tries to create conversation if he's village and someone who's a bit quieter if he has a role.

You might be right to be fair, but didn't really stick out much to me.

Archived