Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

He only mentioned the investigator after a few people called him out on what is now a couple of different things. Hinting at the investigator role could be a desperate attempt to save himself.

And now a scrambling attempt to implicate me for somehow saving him. IMO he's made himself look more guilty but I want things to play out a bit more.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on a minute here though- if he is innocent, we've potentially lost a very skilled player AND the investigator... That would be a disastrous start.

Do you think if he really was the investigator he would be coming out and saying he is the investigator. Nobody would do it that obviously.

He is doing it to draw out the real one for his mafia friends

I'm not sure that me sticking my neck out on day one is suspicious. Mafia have a free pass on the first day if they can avoid drawing attention to themselves but just do enough to get by. Doesn't look like it's worked well for me though! Just don't see why people think I would risk myself getting lynched by being defensive and getting discussion going if I was mafia. Contrary to this evening's evidence, I'm not that bad a player! We've got to vote for someone though.

I'm not convinced that this is a mistake or a confession. Without the mafia line in the middle, all Turbo is saying is that he's stuck his neck out and got targeted.

IMO, he's just phrased it badly. I'm not going to vote for him. At the moment, I don't know who to vote for.

He only mentioned the investigator after a few people called him out on what is now a couple of different things. Hinting at the investigator role could be a desperate attempt to save himself.

It's not like Turbo to go down the desperate route though?

It's difficult to comprehend such a mistake on turbo's part though. I understand why people are voting for (potentially NOW's third mistake on day one) but I'm not entirely convinced turbo would've typed that if he is mafia...

MarkoRaj, on 29 Jul 2015 - 22:36, said:

The last 2 posts from Turbo and DavidMcG have confirmed David's innocence and Turbo's guilt in my eyes.

It's done the opposite for me. It's made me think Turbo is actually being lynched with his own noose but without just cause. David is still screaming mafia to me.

My thinking from what appears to be my lynching is that if GtG is an innocent as well then the village have screwed up big time and the mafia have played it well. Perhaps the independent, if he gets a kill tonight, should go after him and then when both our roles are revealed then the people on either side will be easier to place. Of course, the people voting for random people at this stage have no excuses, there has been plenty to go on. Either vote for me or vote for another person that's been suspicious and could potentially be lynched. That way of voting really doesn't help the good guys. No excuses for it. It's hardly been an uneventful first day, has it? :lol:

I'm not seeing the turbo = Mafia thing either, awful sentence structure aside. However I'm not sure g2g is offering anything other than his view either.

This is hard :(

It's not like Turbo to go down the desperate route though? It's difficult to comprehend such a mistake on turbo's part though. I understand why people are voting for (potentially NOW's third mistake on day one) but I'm not entirely convinced turbo would've typed that if he is mafia...

I've played in a few of these games without an enormous amount of success, and I certainly don't know enough about the various playing styles to make the sort of point you're hinting at.

I would say though, if people were indicating that they thought I had a particular 'style' in these games, I'd do the exact opposite of what that perception was. Would others (I.e Turbo) do the same? No idea.

Persinally, I'm going on what I've seen in this game and this game only. I've already voted for Turbo and nothing I've seen since would make me reconsider that.

VOTE COUNT

Turbo_dee (6) - DavidMcG, GingerSaint, Albino Rover, CountyFan, number one wasp, MarkoRaj

DavidMcG (3) - Turbo_dee, gy diamond, Mr. Brightside

number one wasp (4) - The Real Saints, Airdrie Onions, ArmadaleKillie, Ludo *1

Ludo *1 (1) - number one wasp, Bonksy+HisChristianParade

Airdrie Onions (1) - DarkBlue62

GingerSaint (1) - diamonds2002

diamonds2002 (1) - Kyle

With 19 players, it's 10 votes for an early lynch.

Deadline is at 11 PM. Remember to also get your night actions in before that.

The last 2 posts from Turbo and DavidMcG have confirmed David's innocence and Turbo's guilt in my eyes.

Confirming anything at this stage of the gmae would be naive. Especially when there hasn't been a deadline yet and David is the next in line if everyone switches their vote from Turbo.

I'm not convinced that this is a mistake or a confession. Without the mafia line in the middle, all Turbo is saying is that he's stuck his neck out and got targeted.

I agree with this analysis of that post. No one would make it that obvious. But it's the most recent in a number of weird posts from Turbo, who I suspect has tried way too hard not to go under the radar on day one.

In any case, it's hard to judge each other by what we say. The hard evidence is in what we do and how we vote.

Hmm, first days are never all that easy are they. I do think that GTG has been quite aggressive in a few of his posts thus far, granted it's been years since we've done this, but I never particularly remember his coming with this style of play? And that post by Turbo, I just don't bye it. He's an experienced player and I'm sure he wouldn't make a mistake like that, especially so early on in the game. Though on the other hand, I don't know what he's playing at or why he's doing it. It's certainly at least raised suspicions on him. And as for NOW, some of his play looks very dodgy, but so does his play in most games! :P Think it's generally just his style, so I'm not all that convinced with arguments against him.

Honestly not that convinced that any of them are mafia at the moment. I was thinking of voting Bonsky at this point as he's made several posts so far in this game, and none of them have really been all that constructive whatsoever. However, I reckon that might just mean he's got a boring civi role and is just trying to have a bit of a laugh with it.

Looking at the voting, whilst not convinced that NOW is mafia, I'm gong to vote NOW, to tighten it up at the top as I don't think Turbo is either.

Archived