andriod boxes / Kodi

Does anyone have an app which serves as a remote control for their box? Basically I'm looking for something to replace the temperamental keyboard and remote which came with the box. Something which will do a reverse casting and allow me to move the cursor via my phone and use my phone's keyboard etc. Any ideas?

Loads of them in the app stores, just search for Kodi remote. I'v used a few in the past and they work pretty well

But if you find one that works, report back :)

"Sybu Kodi" in the app store. Working fine for me and far better than the infuriating remote. When you open the app it gives you brief instructions on how to set up your box but it's simple enough.

Google app store?

I don't know if it will be there. I got it from my apps. iPhone. Surely be in google apps though, or even just type in the name in the search engine and it will surely give you a link.

But if you find one that works, report back :)

The ones I used before were on my old windows 8 phone, just got an Android phone now but I'm still playing about with it, will maybe try some the night.

Quick question. What are you supposed to do when you're not using your box? I unplug mines but not sure how good that is for it as there's no shut down process to do first.

I was turning mine off at the wall each night. In a couple of weeks the box stopped working. Now the two things may or may not be related.

Its an android device, pretty much like a tablet in a different form. As they are fine just being put into "standby" I reckon thats the best thing for the boxes too.

Struggled again to get a BT Europe stream last night. Bulldogs streams crashed every two minutes, Robocops in navi-x were fine for a few minutes before buffering and the ones under UK Sports in NJM just didnt work. Eventually found a pretty good one in NJM Soccer, but under Extra Time (I think!). It was a stream of Fox Sports who actually turn out to have better commentators than BT  :lol:

ETA - I have another problem. Kodi wont keep my settings. The installed add-ons are there but changes to the theme reset everytime I go into it.

Edited by Mr X

I just hold down the On/Off button.

Mines doesn't have an on/off button :lol:

I was turning mine off at the wall each night. In a couple of weeks the box stopped working. Now the two things may or may not be related.

Its an android device, pretty much like a tablet in a different form. As they are fine just being put into "standby" I reckon thats the best thing for the boxes too.

Struggled again to get a BT Europe stream last night. Bulldogs streams crashed every two minutes, Robocops in navi-x were fine for a few minutes before buffering and the ones under UK Sports in NJM just didnt work. Eventually found a pretty good one in NJM Soccer, but under Extra Time (I think!). It was a stream of Fox Sports who actually turn out to have better commentators than BT :lol:

ETA - I have another problem. Kodi wont keep my settings. The installed add-ons are there but changes to the theme reset everytime I go into it.

How do you get yours into standby?

Sorry I can't help you with your problem as I've never had it. Hopefully someone else in the thread can.