St. Johnstone v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

A spoony/Davidson combo sounds like a disaster to be honest.

I thought that last season when that was the central midfield pairing in the 1-1 draw at home to Aberdeen in January. We ended up outplaying them and it being one of our better performances of the season, with those two being excellent.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a lot of protection for the defence there though, unless you ask Craig or Muzz to sit a bit (or Spoony)

Not sure what they will need protection from. Certainly not us!

Hearing muzz is more likely to be on the bench.

I'd like to see Shaughnessy start again, his throw ins will cause a lot of problems this year.

Striker wise, I'd go with Sutton and Kane.

ICT seemed like our bogey side last year, no idea if they actually were. Yogis style of play seemed the only way to successfully, regularly, get the better of our stoic philosophy. Sounds like TW is determined to stick with the more gung-ho style we had against Hearts though, and I'm not sure how Caley react to that style.

No Shinnie, Watkins or McKay removes the fear factor of playing this lot too. In saying that Ryan Christie and Aaron Doran are still immensely dangerous players, and Hearts showed that two dangerous players can win games on their own.

Optimistically going for a 3-1 win.

I'm wondering where you think our goal might come from.

I'd rather we didnt play Muzz tomorrow tbh, would just continue the cycle of him getting injured, being rushed back, getting injured again. Last time we gave him a proper recovery period and it seemed to have a positive effect, so I'd rather see him sit out for the next couple of games if it'll be the best option.

I'd rather we didnt play Muzz tomorrow tbh, would just continue the cycle of him getting injured, being rushed back, getting injured again. Last time we gave him a proper recovery period and it seemed to have a positive effect, so I'd rather see him sit out for the next couple of games if it'll be the best option.

he is fit though and raring to go. Seems daft to exclude him in that scenario especially when tomorrow will likely be too soon for Chris Millar. It's not the same Injuries he keeps on getting. Medical staff at McD have the final word so if they say he is fit, you got to trust them.

I think the club are maybe putting a special programme together for Davidson to strengthen the muscles around his knee to try and protect them a bit more. Do you not play him until that starts to show results, despite the fact he's fit?

Millar will be back training next week, if he isn't already.

A truly awful XI for us. Not sure how we'll line up?

------------------Fon Williams-----------------

--Raven---Devine----Draper---Horner----

----------Tansey-------Polwarth-----------

----Williams-----Christie--------Mutuombo--

---------------------Lopez----------------------

Williams might play at full-back, Raven could cover left-back.

Certain defeat for us. Makeshift back four, Polworth isn't good enough in midfield and Lopez hasn't looked up to it.

Archived