Pish Adverts

Is this the “winner stays on” one?  Or is that on the radio?

As Mark Radcliffe pointed out on 6 Music the other day, the winner doesn’t stay on. The winner wins the cup, both teams go home and the whole thing starts again next season.

Probably. It’s one of those street poetry efforts. Absolute shite and makes me cringe inside. Brought to you by the kind of pathetic welts who cry at the football and who hop team every few seasons so they are always following success. I want to get medieval on the c**t who came up with this*. Gouge out their eyeballs then cut out their tongue. Maybe chop their fingers off too just to be sure they can never have any future opportunity to influence creative direction at the BBC ever again.

*I don’t really but the advert does really grate on me.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Probably. It’s one of those street poetry efforts. Absolute shite and makes me cringe inside. Brought to you by the kind of pathetic welts who cry at the football and who hop team every few seasons so they are always following success. I want to get medieval on the c**t who came up with this. Gouge out their eyeballs then cut out their tongue. Maybe chop their fingers off too just to be sure they can never have any future opportunity to influence creative direction at the BBC ever again.

.... and relax.

I’ll have a word today and make sure today is the last time they’re aired.

It’s already too late. Something inside me has snapped. I’ve just abandoned my shitty Volvo on the Motorway and am walking into a shop in Inverkeithing to buy a can of Coke. I hope it’s not too expensive.

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s already too late. Something inside me has snapped. I’ve just abandoned my shitty Volvo on the Motorway and am walking into a shop in Inverkeithing to buy a can of Coke. I hope it’s not too expensive.

Nothing in inverkeithing is expensive.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

They’ve had various of these adverts throughout the season. Please make them stop.

BBC Scotland keep showing one where the figure on top of the cup jumps down and kicks the ball around until the night watchman comes in to see what the noise is. The commentator claims that the cup only leaves the Hampden museum once a year, on Cup Final day. Does this mean that the winning team don't actually hold it in their own trophy room until the following year's final?

BBC Scotland keep showing one where the figure on top of the cup jumps down and kicks the ball around until the night watchman comes in to see what the noise is. The commentator claims that the cup only leaves the Hampden museum once a year, on Cup Final day. Does this mean that the winning team don't actually hold it in their own trophy room until the following year's final?

They also toured the Scottish Cup around various shopping centres. Was that a replica?

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

They also toured the Scottish Cup around various shopping centres. Was that a replica?

Must be.  IN the middle of Dundee the other week there was a wee stand with the Open Claret Jug standing on it and folk standing there getting their photos taken alongside it.  THere were two "bouncers" guarding it and quite frankly, I think even I could have battered both of them and nicked the trophy.

Im guessing it was more likely:

https://www.trophystore.co.uk/resin-st-andrews-claret-jug-golf-award-21cm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg4iC6eGb2wIV6rXtCh2dewD-EAQYASABEgLKG_D_BwE

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Must be.  IN the middle of Dundee the other week there was a wee stand with the Open Claret Jug standing on it and folk standing there getting their photos taken alongside it.  THere were two "bouncers" guarding it and quite frankly, I think even I could have battered both of them and nicked the trophy.

I remember the UEFA Cup on display in Central Station the last time the final was at Hampden. It was in a glass case with a couple of security guards.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:44, GordonD said:

I did the tour at Hampden a few years back, and the guide basically said the trophy is taken back right away.

Any in TV studios, or taken round the country for photo ops are replicas.

1 hour ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I did the tour at Hampden a few years back, and the guide basically said the trophy is taken back right away.

Any in TV studios, or taken round the country for photo ops are replicas.

I suppose that makes sense. I've heard that the Scottish Cup is the oldest trophy in world football (there are older competitions but this is the oldest piece of silverware) so must be a bit fragile by now.