The Evening Times Loyal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See in today's Sunday Herald, an article by Graeme MacPherson about one of the loanees from Spurs, ends with the following paragraph:

"Season tickets for the 2015/16 season start from as little as £53 for kids, £312 for adults and £210 for concessions and are available from www.Rangers.co.UK, calling 0871 702 1972 or by visiting the Rangers ticket centre".

Is this normal? I've not particularly noticed it before, but does it happen all the time? There's nothing at all about the text to suggest that it constitutes an advert. It's in the same font as the rest of the article and is just tacked on the end of it.

Will this in fact be a paid for advert, or are National papers simply in the habit of doing this sort of thing for nothing?

Genuinely interested in this, because it strikes me as kind of unusual.

See in today's Sunday Herald, an article by Graeme MacPherson about one of the loanees from Spurs, ends with the following paragraph:

"Season tickets for the 2015/16 season start from as little as £53 for kids, £312 for adults and £210 for concessions and are available from www.Rangers.co.UK, calling 0871 702 1972 or by visiting the Rangers ticket centre".

Is this normal? I've not particularly noticed it before, but does it happen all the time? There's nothing at all about the text to suggest that it constitutes an advert. It's in the same font as the rest of the article and is just tacked on the end of it.

Will this in fact be a paid for advert, or are National papers simply in the habit of doing this sort of thing for nothing?

Genuinely interested in this, because it strikes me as kind of unusual.

Not sure about who pays for it (if at all) or how, but the Evening Times ran a wee puff piece the other day with Baraclough re: The Well Society and it included the 'for more information visit www.thewellsociety.com", so it definitely seems to be something that group of newspapers are wont to do.

Agree that it seems odd for them to overtly be punting season tickets though only in the context of sports "news" stories, if they were to run say a gig preview and tack ticket/event info at the bottom I wouldn't give it a second thought and would be certain there would be no payment from a promoter for that.

Archived