Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

Well done, almost a relevant post. Won't be embarrassed if we loose as long as we put in a decent performance.

Can't blame Pars fans for being confident, it's about time they got their money's worth from their team. They really are setting themselves up though.

How are we setting ourselves up? It's everyone else that's saying we should be winning every game or going the season unbeaten. I've seen a few jokey posts about us dominating but I think most of us are fully aware that we're nowhere near that point yet.

That being said, I do think we will win the league this season, especially after seeing how well we played at the weekend.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I made my criteria clear at the outset whereas Gordon tried to skew the figures by moving the goalposts. I don't have a quibble re any convention used nowadays for appearance tallies - but you will also see stats saying all matches from time to time. The point I made was about competitive matches and Gordon introduced some red herring about official matches.

2. There is no doubt that years ago Regional Cup ties, etc were not played as quasi friendlies but were serious first team matches in their heyday - otherwise the Pars would have played only a handful of competitive matches in the 1885 to 1912 period which is not the case.

That is my final word on the matter - I have just stuck to the facts and don't try spin and bluster.

You have been all about spin, which is why i suspect you haven't bothered to actually post your stats.

Whilst you can argue regional cups were treated more seriously they even back then there are many questions over their legitimacy, teams playing 'A' squads , games doubling up for two competitions guest players etc.

How are we setting ourselves up? It's everyone else that's saying we should be winning every game or going the season unbeaten.

That being said, I do think we will win the league this season, especially after seeing how well we played at the weekend.

After one league game? That's what I mean.

You won't go the season unbeaten or anything like it but you will nearer the top than you were last season.

Pretty sunny in Edinburgh.

How do Cowden go about getting something on Saturday?

Hoping that Jason Talbot plays, gets sent off and the other 10 players die simultaneously.

My opinion,Pars will win the league.I doubt they will do it unbeaten as that is very difficult to do.Can Cowden win the game,of course they can.Underdogs win games,there wouldn't be much point if they didn't.Dunfermline hot favourites but you never know.

Archived