Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had Jim Jefferies. Massive handicap.

It's a bit like how the bookies had Cowdenbeath as favourites for the league for a considerable amount of time during Pre-Season but I think they'll be genuinely lucky to avoid the relegation play-offs.

We had Jim Jefferies. Massive handicap.

It's a bit like how the bookies had Cowdenbeath as favourites for the league for a considerable amount of time during Pre-Season but I think they'll be genuinely lucky to avoid the relegation play-offs.

You think lol

Barely anyone thought you wouldn't win the league at the start of last season either, or not?

What happened?

I still don't see how thinking we'll win the league is setting us up for a fall. If we don't win I'll be disappointed but it's not like we're boasting about how easy it's going to be. Unless you're an absolute moron and take some of the comments seriously of course...

I still don't see how thinking we'll win the league is setting us up for a fall. If we don't win I'll be disappointed but it's not like we're boasting about how easy it's going to be. Unless you're an absolute moron and take some of the comments seriously of course...

Aren't the morons the ones making the comments?

Don't think anyone takes comments from Townie fans seriously.

I understand that the Pars haven't had much to cheer about the past few years, and I have some real sympathy for the fans who have had to deal with a mess not of their making (isn't that always the case?) However can I remind you all of the saying "One swallow does not a summer make"?

Whilst you have been impressive in your first three competitive matches, they have all been against teams that a half decent Pars team should be beating easily (a Cowden team in transition with an untested manager, a team who finished third in the fourth tier of Scottish football last season and a team who scraped into the league one play off last season.

Such (over) confidence does not seem to be merited after one league game.

That said, I do think the Pars will win on Saturday and, if they can ride the crest of the wave for the next few months, have a decent chance of the league title this year.

I understand that the Pars haven't had much to cheer about the past few years, and I have some real sympathy for the fans who have had to deal with a mess not of their making (isn't that always the case?) However can I remind you all of the saying "One swallow does not a summer make"?

Whilst you have been impressive in your first three competitive matches, they have all been against teams that a half decent Pars team should be beating easily (a Cowden team in transition with an untested manager, a team who finished third in the fourth tier of Scottish football last season and a team who scraped into the league one play off last season.

Such (over) confidence does not seem to be merited after one league game.

That said, I do think the Pars will win on Saturday and, if they can ride the crest of the wave for the next few months, have a decent chance of the league title this year.

Wouldn't take some fans' comments on how we're going to win the league as literal as you have. We all know how hard this league is after last season and we've still to play teams that we usually struggle against (Forfar and Airdrie especially). The signs are there to see we should be up at the top challenging though. I'd be really surprised if we don't at least finish top 3.

You're right in a way that we haven't faced a real test yet, although you could claim Cowden are seeing as how they were in the Championship last season. If we can actually give teams like Stranraer, Forfar etc a game and get a result then I'll be very confident of finishing top. With the management and squad at our disposal such as ours, we really ought to be finishing top in all honesty.

Fair comment. I suppose a fair few of the comments are a bit of trolling for a reaction. You do seem to have put together a decent squad and, in my opinion, have the best manager in the league (possibly the best young manager in Scottish football, so the signs are good for you. The only thing I disagree with is that Cowden are any kind of a decent test on the basis that we were in the Championship last year. We were rank rotten for most of last season and Jimmy Nic left behind a pretty poor team. We also sold our best player (in my opinion at least) the mighty Nat Wedderburn. There has been a lot of comings and goings at Cowden over the summer and it will take a bit of time for the team to gel and Nish to find his feet as a manager (if he ever does). I do think we will provide a tougher test to you the next time we meet (probably not on Saturday though).

Fair comment. I suppose a fair few of the comments are a bit of trolling for a reaction. You do seem to have put together a decent squad and, in my opinion, have the best manager in the league (possibly the best young manager in Scottish football, so the signs are good for you. The only thing I disagree with is that Cowden are any kind of a decent test on the basis that we were in the Championship last year. We were rank rotten for most of last season and Jimmy Nic left behind a pretty poor team. We also sold our best player (in my opinion at least) the mighty Nat Wedderburn. There has been a lot of comings and goings at Cowden over the summer and it will take a bit of time for the team to gel and Nish to find his feet as a manager (if he ever does). I do think we will provide a tougher test to you the next time we meet (probably not on Saturday though).

Yep. We're a completely new team from last year.

When exactly did we sell Nat??

Archived