Michelle Mone (again)

~~~

"Cloughie likes a bung"
"Aye? Fancy putting that on record?"
*crickets*

I don't think Sugar's repeated that since Ol' Big 'Ead died either, so I presume Nigel was well told to keep the solicitors on standby.

The plot thickens..........................

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/19/revealed-journalist-behind-michelle-mone-film-also-worked-as-private-investigator-on-her-behalf

"The carefully managed media rollout is part of what Mone has called “our fightback”. It is a battle that has been aided by Mark Williams-Thomas, who investigated, produced and presented the YouTube documentary, which was funded by PPE Medpro, and was sitting behind the couple when they were interviewed by the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg.

What Williams-Thomas did not reveal publicly, however, is that, alongside his journalistic role, he has also been working as a private investigator on behalf of Mone, Barrowman and PPE Medpro.

In addition to trying to orchestrate a reputational comeback for the couple, Williams-Thomas has been assisting his clients in their efforts to hunt for the suspected source of years of Guardian articles revealing that Mone and Barrowman had been lying to the public."

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The plot thickens..........................

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/19/revealed-journalist-behind-michelle-mone-film-also-worked-as-private-investigator-on-her-behalf

"The carefully managed media rollout is part of what Mone has called “our fightback”. It is a battle that has been aided by Mark Williams-Thomas, who investigated, produced and presented the YouTube documentary, which was funded by PPE Medpro, and was sitting behind the couple when they were interviewed by the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg.

What Williams-Thomas did not reveal publicly, however, is that, alongside his journalistic role, he has also been working as a private investigator on behalf of Mone, Barrowman and PPE Medpro.

In addition to trying to orchestrate a reputational comeback for the couple, Williams-Thomas has been assisting his clients in their efforts to hunt for the suspected source of years of Guardian articles revealing that Mone and Barrowman had been lying to the public."

I’m not really sure that required the Guardian to spell that out given the “credits” at the end of the marketing campaign! 😂 

Quite clear that he had been on the payroll for a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/19/ppe-lady-michelle-mone-covid-equipment-doug-barrowman

"Draw near, readers, for these are testing times for bouncy-blow-dried plague profiteer Michelle Mone and her husband/support garment Doug Barrowman. And also, perhaps, for the Conservative figures who ennobled her ladyship, then helped her and Doug fast-track their way into providing £203m of Covid PPE, from which they cleared at least £65m in profit, even though much of the PPE was allegedly unusable.............

............. If these white knights really were so altruistic then they’d have waived the profits in the interests of civic duty, instead of rinsing the public purse beyond all imagining, for equipment that often could not even be used. I can’t believe it even needs to be said out loud, but if you made £65m pure profit for helping during the most acute national crisis, then you didn’t help – you helped yourself."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I remember a few folk proclaiming that Moan would be thrown under the bus as soon as her COVID profiteering started being mentioned, as she was the most prominent working class tagalong to the ruling class. That does seem to have come to pass; she's certainly not any worse than the rest of them, but she's the only one being talked about now.

Presumably she knows her place and figures she'll be taken care of in exchange for being publicly tarred and feathered (but not otherwise harmed financially or socially). Alarm bells if she suddenly starts talking about other people's scams, however.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/18/rome-afterglow-wears-off-as-rish-tries-to-avoid-being-mone-down

“Everything is now crystal clear. When Magic Mich had threatened journalists with legal action if they tried to connect her with her and Dougie’s own bullshit Medpro company, what she had really meant was she would be furious if people thought she wasn’t the type of person to try to profit from VIP access to a Tory government during a national crisis.

“Deep down, she was just an every day shyster looking to make more in a week than most people would make in 10 life times. And please, please don’t bring hers or Dougie’s kids into it. Because they were only beneficiaries of the trust. They were completely accidental millionaires. That’s the sort of thing that could literally happen to anyone. There. Has that cleared everything up?”

I occasionally get GBNews videos on my YouTube home page with their desperate clickbait headlines (the latest is "teacher's DON'T have to use chosen pronouns!" - 852 views). If the video's about a right-wing politician, it's always in support of them, even if they've been caught molesting badgers while looking at pictures of Hitler (yes, Michael Gove again).

I've seen several of their videos in the past few days castigating the Moanster and calling for the book to be thrown at her, which tells you everything you need to know. She's not One Of Us, so she's fair game as a distraction. Everyone else was doing a difficult job at a very trying time.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/19/ppe-lady-michelle-mone-covid-equipment-doug-barrowman

"Draw near, readers, for these are testing times for bouncy-blow-dried plague profiteer Michelle Mone and her husband/support garment Doug Barrowman. And also, perhaps, for the Conservative figures who ennobled her ladyship, then helped her and Doug fast-track their way into providing £203m of Covid PPE, from which they cleared at least £65m in profit, even though much of the PPE was allegedly unusable.............

............. If these white knights really were so altruistic then they’d have waived the profits in the interests of civic duty, instead of rinsing the public purse beyond all imagining, for equipment that often could not even be used. I can’t believe it even needs to be said out loud, but if you made £65m pure profit for helping during the most acute national crisis, then you didn’t help – you helped yourself."

C'mon, admit it, you also saw knobbed didn't you ???

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

C'mon, admit it, you also saw knobbed didn't you ???

It would explain what the establishment gets out of her presence in their circles, but surely not.

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Looks like Baroness Mone and Mr Baroness Mone have also likely committed another offence relating to the ownership of one of their homes. 

https://www.taxpolicy.org.uk/2023/12/19/oops_i_did_it_again/

That is a really interesting piece on Mr. Barrowboy. I'd never heard of the guy until the PPE scam and he appears to have a lengthy rap sheet of dodgy activity.