Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven Fletcher will still start the Georgia game even if he doesn't train between now or then............Strachan wil be gutted if he cant play one of his faves.........

Saw Hutton the bombscare finally got a game last night and terrible as usual, nevermind, he will still be welcomed with open arms by Strachan.

Steven Fletcher will still start the Georgia game even if he doesn't train between now or then............Strachan wil be gutted if he cant play one of his faves.........

Saw Hutton the bombscare finally got a game last night and terrible as usual, nevermind, he will still be welcomed with open arms by Strachan.

Bore off eh

Wonder where this bad blood came from between them?

I have no idea. Obviously during their Sunderland time, but Yorke really doesn't rate him. Which seemed odd, because Gordon's best form was round about that time.

I have no idea. Obviously during their Sunderland time, but Yorke really doesn't rate him. Which seemed odd, because Gordon's best form was round about that time.

Something must have happened to change his opinion, because I remember DY once saying of Gordon:

"He was here a week before we scored against him in training"

Would mind Charlie Adam coming in

It would depend on how we played with him. We've been stronger since he left the squad, and our game plan revolves around something other than watching him hit 30 yard passes for centre-halves to mop up. Against Georgia, they'll try to stifle us and this would just eat up even more time.

I'd fancy him against ze Germans though.

If he is going to be in the squad, he'd be good to bring in if we need something different, or think we'll get a chance of a good set piece. Bringing him in to take a free kick or deliver the perfect corner would work. Bringing him in to anchor the midfield and actually chase people wouldn't.

It would depend on how we played with him. We've been stronger since he left the squad, and our game plan revolves around something other than watching him hit 30 yard passes for centre-halves to mop up. Against Georgia, they'll try to stifle us and this would just eat up even more time.

I'd fancy him against ze Germans though.

Interesting. I thought one of his best displays for us was when he came on a sub v Spain and all of a sudden with the likes of him plus D Fletcher and Morrison we seemed to keep the ball to at least a reasonable extent.

Edit to add. Above just a comment, I`m not proposing he should be in the team for forthcoming matches.

Archived