Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon

Whittaker Martin Hanley Robertson

Brown McArthur

Anya Morrison Phillips

Griffiths

At the moment, I reckon that is the strongest starting 11 we can field, well with players who are playing well at their clubs. Phillips had a great game against Wolves on Tuesday, scoring 2 and setting 1 up. If Forrest is in the squad ahead of him, I'll no be very happy.

Phillips won't be in the squad he definitely will not be starting.

Marshall

Whittaker

Hanley/possibly Greer

Martin

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Anya

Maloney

Naismith

Fletcher

Will be the starting line up I'm sure. He will 100 percent stick with the players he knows.

Phillips won't be in the squad he definitely will not be starting.

Marshall

Whittaker

Hanley/possibly Greer

Martin

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Anya

Maloney

Naismith

Fletcher

Will be the starting line up I'm sure. He will 100 percent stick with the players he knows.

Yep I agree if Phillips isn`t in the squad he definitely will not be starting. ;)

That aside I imagine your team will be reasonably close to what starts. Is Mulgrew fit? Would expect him to start if so.

Maloney is undroppable just now, I was wanting him dropped for the last game and again he comes up with the goods. Think he knows this is a chance for him to make a name for himself, seems to be playing out of his skin for Scotland at the moment. It's great.

Armstrong will be included he's been outstanding for Celtic.

I don't think he will get game time but would love to see him in the hole behind Rhodes and Ross McCormack how good does that sound?

Armstrong will be included he's been outstanding for Celtic.

I don't think he will get game time but would love to see him in the hole behind Rhodes and Ross McCormack how good does that sound?

Absolutely dreadful.

Edit: I'd have Armstrong in there too, but I wouldn't have Rhodes or McCormack within 100 miles of the squad.

And to echo the point being made above, Matty Phillips has been outstanding too, but he's going to get overlooked for the incompetent James Forrest yet again.

Strachan's done a great job, but he has his favourites. And he doesn't always call up the best available players because of it. Which is his prerogative, I suppose, but it's a case of ego ahead of what's best for the team.

Absolutely dreadful.

Edit: I'd have Armstrong in there too, but I wouldn't have Rhodes or McCormack within 100 miles of the squad.

And to echo the point being made above, Matty Phillips has been outstanding too, but he's going to get overlooked for the incompetent James Forrest yet again.

Strachan's done a great job, but he has his favourites. And he doesn't always call up the best available players because of it. Which is his prerogative, I suppose, but it's a case of ego ahead of what's best for the team.

Forrest probably won't feature either, he always points out he's trying to keep a club mentality within the group though. Nothing to do with his ego. Next campaign will see the squad overhauled a bit I think.,

According to the sun Griffiths will be given a call up today.

No brainer. Fletcher and Naismith are bit-part subs so far this season. Rhodes is injured. Watt is injured too I believe. McCormack hasn't scored. May is AWOL.

I think Griff is still a few levels off international standard, but he's on fire right now.

Ritchie will start because he is playing in the Premiership which is considered the holy grail of all football.........

Savage Henry is spot on when he says Strachan is blinded by his faves, that sadly holds us back.

I see Hutton got no game time again, Fletcher and Naismith subs again but will be stick on starts for Georgia game, makes zero sense.

Saw Bombscare Forsyth back in Derby team too so that will give him an excuse to be kept in even though Shinnie and Wallace are playing well.........

Ritchie will start because he is playing in the Premiership which is considered the holy grail of all football.........

Savage Henry is spot on when he says Strachan is blinded by his faves, that sadly holds us back.

I see Hutton got no game time again, Fletcher and Naismith subs again but will be stick on starts for Georgia game, makes zero sense.

Saw Bombscare Forsyth back in Derby team too so that will give him an excuse to be kept in even though Shinnie and Wallace are playing well.........

Agreed re Strachans favourites, I;ve only seen Ritchie playing for Scotland and he wasn't great. Matt Phillips seems to have had a good start to the season so I'd like to see him involved over Forrest who works hard but just doesn't have the final ball.

I'd take Shinnie in the team as back up to Robertson but Lee Wallace? Wallace should absolutely nowhere near two incredibly important international games. He's been shite for 2 years and is now playing well in the Championship for a team with 20 times the budget of everyone else! If he's still doing it this time next year then no complaints but right now he should not be allowed a game against the world champions IMO.

Archived