Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mcgregor apparently dropped a clanger to cost Hull the win today. I'd go with Bain for that third spot. Marshall and Gordon both better keepers to turn to for game time while Bain is our one for the future right now

McGregor is clearly a better keeper than Bain right now but we need to get a younger keeper in as 3rd choice for experience with an eye on the next campaign. And Bain is definitely that man. He will be playing at a much higher level within 2 years anyway.

McGregor is clearly a better keeper than Bain right now but we need to get a younger keeper in as 3rd choice for experience with an eye on the next campaign. And Bain is definitely that man. He will be playing at a much higher level within 2 years anyway.

This definitely, no disrespect to McGregor but his form has declined majorly in the past 2 seasons, going from first choice to third. It'd be good for Bain to train with higher level players to help him develop.

Different question if we were talking about a 2nd choice keeper but it's extremely rare for 3rd choice to make the bench, nevermind play.

I'd like to see GMS in the squad in place of Forrest or Ritchie. I like Armstrong but we've got enough players in his position unfortunately.

I think the squad is fairly settled aside from that. Strachan likes a 'wildcard' call up and I'd like to see one of Watt, Cooper, Cairney, Paterson or Jack given the nod for a bit of experience if not game time.

After watching Sunderland at the weekend I seriously cannot understand how Steve Fletcher can be a nailed on/stick on for a start in these two massive games. Yes you can blame service and the like but he looked lethargic, lazy and unlikely to score in a month of sundays.

By all means call him up but we really cannot afford the risk of him starting when he is so badly out of form and sharpness.

Also, Hutton still no game time, he surely cant be starting either, regardless of his past form.

After watching Sunderland at the weekend I seriously cannot understand how Steve Fletcher can be a nailed on/stick on for a start in these two massive games. Yes you can blame service and the like but he looked lethargic, lazy and unlikely to score in a month of sundays.

By all means call him up but we really cannot afford the risk of him starting when he is so badly out of form and sharpness.

Also, Hutton still no game time, he surely cant be starting either, regardless of his past form.

Hutton will play. He's been in that situation for something silly like 5 years now and is still comfortably good for us.

Fletcher scored last week for Sunderland. His playing style looks deceptively sluggish. These games are too big to dick about with the Naismith/Fletcher front two unless we are forced to do so in event of injury.

Fletcher just behind Rhodes worked against Gibraltar, he's absolutely suited as the role of a link player, a target man with touch and skill. Sunderland play him just behind a poacher in Defoe.

I'd like us to try this in a game ( a friendly btw):

---------------Rhodes------------

Maloney -- Fletcher --- Anya

Fletcher just behind Rhodes worked against Gibraltar, he's absolutely suited as the role of a link player, a target man with touch and skill. Sunderland play him just behind a poacher in Defoe.

I'd like us to try this in a game ( a friendly btw):

---------------Rhodes------------

Maloney -- Fletcher --- Anya

would love us to give this a proper shot. don't see it happening in this dbl header tho

Sure we done that v Gibraltar..

Sure we done that v Gibraltar..

....and it worked. But many on here will suggest that Fletcher - Rhodes can't work ( for some bizarre reason). Fletcher is a link man, and an absolute must starter, but he's not a poacher. Rhodes is this man. The Gibraltar game affirmed they can play together and the chemistry was really good.

Snodgrass also works really well with Fletcher - he'd get the wide right slot when he's fit with Anya displacing Hutton at RB.

I don't think Mackay-Steven has done enough to earn a spot. He's not actually been starting that often for Celtic, and he doesn't have that big an impact on games - certainly not the bigger ones anyway. He had a poor night against Qarabag and I thought he was on the periphery of the game against Kilmarnock.

Don't see the huge problem others have with Forrest, think he does a decent enough job.

....and it worked. But many on here will suggest that Fletcher - Rhodes can't work ( for some bizarre reason). Fletcher is a link man, and an absolute must starter, but he's not a poacher. Rhodes is this man. The Gibraltar game affirmed they can play together and the chemistry was really good.

Snodgrass also works really well with Fletcher - he'd get the wide right slot when he's fit with Anya displacing Hutton at RB.

Rhodes and Fletcher should never ever play upfront for Scotland together. Unless it is against some diddy pub team like Gibraltar

I think Anya's much better on the left hand side of midfield. His best games for us have been there and he has a good link with Robertson. Hutton's ok and I'm not Whittaker's biggest fan (accident waiting to happen) but I'd have them at RB ahead of Anya any day.

I think Robertson and Anya down the left is really attacking and would faze most teams. If we did that I'd rather we played a more conservative right back if we have one. Hutton and Robertson bombing down the wings is great in theory but a recipe for disaster when faced with someone playing on the counter. Maybe have Mulgrew as a sitting midfielder covering.

Good to have Hanley back for this one, Martin and him have done well for us and are both at decent ages to be mainstays for a good while..

Archived