Weekend Bets 14th-17th

mattydfc

Going for an outsider double of Charlton and Hearts.

Charlton despite being away to Derby are massively over-priced at 5/1. I think they've signed well and have a genuine chance at the play offs plus Derby haven't started greatly and have injuries to Craig Bryson and Will Hughes.

Hearts I feel should be slight favourites away to Ross County, they've started well and definitely have goals in the team and they're only going to get more solid at the back the longer their new boys are here.

£100 on £1600 back on bet365. I'll be putting it on in store though so will probably lose a few hundred on my return.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got on Dunfermline at home to Cowdenbeath at 10/11 on Sunday. As short as 2/5 now in places.

Also did a “free bonus” 4 fold of Dunfermline, Ayr, Forfar and Elgin.

Considering singles on Elgin 4/5 and Ayr 5/6 but would have liked 10/11 and evens respectively.

Will probably do a decent sized 4 fold of Middlebrough, Celtic, Rangers and Liverpool.

Elsewhere, options include West Ham, Aberdeen, Dundee, QOS, Stranraer, Clyde.

Stoke might offer some value at Spurs and fancy Southampton to beat Everton.

Will probably go for Dundee, Airdrie, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I feel Dundee have another Killie-esque pumping in them, Stenny are missing their main centre half and will need to field an inexperienced back 4 according to a Stenny fan i spoke to last night. Arsenal and Liverpool purely for something to (hopefully) do on Sunday and Monday.

Other good odds are Hearts, Norwich, Queen of the South and Montrose

Going for an outsider double of Charlton and Hearts.

Charlton despite being away to Derby are massively over-priced at 5/1. I think they've signed well and have a genuine chance at the play offs plus Derby haven't started greatly and have injuries to Craig Bryson and Will Hughes.

Hearts I feel should be slight favourites away to Ross County, they've started well and definitely have goals in the team and they're only going to get more solid at the back the longer their new boys are here.

£100 on £1600 back on bet365. I'll be putting it on in store though so will probably lose a few hundred on my return.

Don't worry Matty you won't lose any amount. Both online and in shop bets will return the same ;)

Five singles I quite like the look of this week.

Biggest stake will be on Aberdeen away to Motherwell at 5/6. Aberdeen look excellent defensively and Motherwell are struggling for goals. Motherwell are coming off two losses in a few days and Aberdeen are fresh after a free midweek. The quality gap between the two teams is huge and Aberdeen are a clinical team these days. I've been impressed with them every game I've seen them this year.

Dundee United at 17/10 away to Accies. This looks huge IMO. Hamilton will really struggle for goals and Dundee Utd were relatively unlucky against Aberdeen before a good win at Motherwell last Saturday and being very unlucky not to win the derby on Tuesday. Accies will struggle for goals all season and not beating 10 man Partick Thistle at home then losing to Ross County are not good signs.

Dumbarton look huge at 7/1 away to St Mirren. I fancy them to have a really good season and they beat Hibs last week. Winning at Morton was a cracking result too. I'll admit the East Fife result was poor but the way they bounced back last week was impressive. St Mirren did OK in spells at Ibrox last week but could easily have lost by more. I expect St Mirren to win but the odds on Dumbarton are mental considering the relative strengths of the squad.

Raith at 15/4 away to Falkirk is massive given they've won all three of their games so far this season without conceding a goal. This will be a stuffy game. There wasn't much in the games between the sides last season and Falkirk are worse with Raith looking improved under McKinnon. We stumbled past East Fife, won a training match against the Shire and by all accounts lumbered along to a 1-1 draw at Morton who are expected to be dire this season. Tight game with odds that should be tighter.

I'll buck my usual trend and take a home team - Clyde at even money against Queens Park. I bet against QP last week and it came in, I've seen them a couple of times and they have nothing up front. Clyde have a lot of hype behind them and won last week. For me this is more a bet against QP than for Clyde if that makes sense. I don't know a huge deal about the league so I'll be keeping this one relatively small.

Don't worry Matty you won't lose any amount. Both online and in shop bets will return the same ;)

I tend to find in shop prices are a little worse than online. Might just be me though

Went for four aways of Hearts, Man Utd, Aberdeen and struggled for a forth so went with Mattys recommendation of Charlton.

£20 on for £892.

lnwh.gif

Cannot lose imo

I tend to find in shop prices are a little worse than online. Might just be me though

Aye that is true. I was referring that they would both return £0 though when County win.

Aye that is true. I was referring that they would both return £0 though when County win.

You little pest. That one went right over my head.

For what it's worth it wouldn't surprise me if County did get something, but you cant disregard the run Hearts are on.

Can't believe Dunfermline opened up at 10/11, no surprise that price is long gone. The way they have been playing and scoring for fun they should cover the -1 handicap with relative ease so I will be taking the risk on that. Also like the look of Clyde, Ayr and the 2 Dundee sides.

South of the border looks very tough going. It's going to be a difficult season for Blackburn, average signings due to transfer embargo and the clueless manager has picked up from where he left off last season in regards to playing the undroppable players who are, in reality, shite. 11/8 for a Huddersfield win.

I'm basing this purely on the first weekend of the season alone, but Swindon look big at 2/1 away to Bury.

£2.50 on Charlton, Raith, Dumbarton and Hearts gets you £1539

I don't know if I'll manage to get my double on because I snapped my bank card and only have £200 cash on me and I can't get into a bank until tomorrow to request a new one.

Five singles I quite like the look of this week.

Biggest stake will be on Aberdeen away to Motherwell at 5/6. Aberdeen look excellent defensively and Motherwell are struggling for goals. Motherwell are coming off two losses in a few days and Aberdeen are fresh after a free midweek. The quality gap between the two teams is huge and Aberdeen are a clinical team these days. I've been impressed with them every game I've seen them this year.

Dundee United at 17/10 away to Accies. This looks huge IMO. Hamilton will really struggle for goals and Dundee Utd were relatively unlucky against Aberdeen before a good win at Motherwell last Saturday and being very unlucky not to win the derby on Tuesday. Accies will struggle for goals all season and not beating 10 man Partick Thistle at home then losing to Ross County are not good signs.

Dumbarton look huge at 7/1 away to St Mirren. I fancy them to have a really good season and they beat Hibs last week. Winning at Morton was a cracking result too. I'll admit the East Fife result was poor but the way they bounced back last week was impressive. St Mirren did OK in spells at Ibrox last week but could easily have lost by more. I expect St Mirren to win but the odds on Dumbarton are mental considering the relative strengths of the squad.

Raith at 15/4 away to Falkirk is massive given they've won all three of their games so far this season without conceding a goal. This will be a stuffy game. There wasn't much in the games between the sides last season and Falkirk are worse with Raith looking improved under McKinnon. We stumbled past East Fife, won a training match against the Shire and by all accounts lumbered along to a 1-1 draw at Morton who are expected to be dire this season. Tight game with odds that should be tighter.

I'll buck my usual trend and take a home team - Clyde at even money against Queens Park. I bet against QP last week and it came in, I've seen them a couple of times and they have nothing up front. Clyde have a lot of hype behind them and won last week. For me this is more a bet against QP than for Clyde if that makes sense. I don't know a huge deal about the league so I'll be keeping this one relatively small.

You can get 5/1 on Dumbarton draw no bet. Raith is tempting but imo the game is a coin toss so leaving it alone. Can't see anything but an Aberdeen win so combining Aberdeen and Dumbarton dnb with Lossiemouth, Turriff, Buckie Thistle and Inverness City for an £8 6 fold, £2 5 folds and £1 4 folds paying out almost exactly £10,000, which happens to be the McBookies payout limit on non league football. Haven't decided what to spend it on yet.

Archived